China shipments / Virus / PMTA

I’ve noticed a distinct lack of inventory and products at many online sellers recently. I came across this video today by Jai Haze (I don’t really follow him but he makes sense here) and I believe that this virus is definitely going to negatively affect product shipments (I am skeptical that he meant to say “China is not making vape products” but they surely aren’t shipping that much now. Compounding the shipment delay and the upcoming PMTA as well as pending prohibitive US legislation with regard to online delivery of vape products…people that use subohm premade coils should obtain what they need (stockpile), afford, and find available now. Everyone that intends to vape through this ominous looking imminent decline in availability and product should learn to build! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdGdx1AiwXc&feature=em-uploademail

7 Likes

I am pretty sure it is due to the fact that the Chinese Gov have not let people return to work after the 10 NY holiday because of Corona Virus

7 Likes

Yep @woftam you’re right, my bottle supplier informed me that they were not allowed to go back to work, so big delays in shipping.
Other Chinese suppliers told me that they were also waiting for their Chinese suppliers to get back to work so that they could get stock from them as well.
So all round a big problem for the rest of the world.

6 Likes

Exactly Woftam, and I‘m sure it affects every industrial sector, not just vaping. At this point, I don’t believe it has anything to do with the PMTA as other countries are also waiting for shipments.

6 Likes

I did hear that fasttech packers were allowed to start work but not until the company supplied bio suits - which apparently that have sourced.

7 Likes

so they’re clones? :laughing:

8 Likes

This Corona Virus is much much worse than our Gooberments are telling us. I have a bad feeling about this one my friends. I hope I am wrong. Please let me be wrong. We don’t live in the dark ages anymore so that should help but we also live in a time where there are Super Virus’ lurking and being created.

@HVPGH I think you may have a point. I have been needing to stock up for months now. Maybe I have some good karma stored up so that I can do as you suggest as soon as possible.

7 Likes

Ab so lute ly correct, IMHO. I’m in Canada. My kid got the flu at the beginning of the year so we went out to buy a box of masks, After finding none at national pharmacies, she picked up 2 boxes at WalMart, leaving 4 on the shelf. Yada yada yada she walks into Emerg and they’re outa masks. And when she inquires, she’s told they’re on hold from the manufacturer’s for hospitals. But no, don’t worry folks, smoke a legal joint … nothing to see here. :japanese_goblin:

We live in a small city of ~130k, yet at the local walk-in clinic (just last week) are 4 signs on the doors, more at the receptionist warning of Wuhan, coughing, travel.
But no, don’t worry folks, smoke a legal joint … nothing to see here. :japanese_goblin:
We all need to be super diligent in these trying times :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

LOL, I agree, and I’m not a doomsayer, I always try to look at the bright side because there are always 3 sides to a coin. BUTT and it’s a big BUTT :musical_note: (oops). Anywho, there are very strange things happening in the world today or there have always been strange things but with the advent of the internet, we just know about it now. Have you noticed anything strange in regards to the Canadian geese? I know some like to stay and don’t go all the way south, especially when people are willing to feed them and there is a body of water nearby but a few days ago, in a snowstorm, a gaggle of geese came flying from the south to land in a largish pond near my house and they are still there. At the time it was 4 degrees Faranhiegt and now it is 40 degrees outside. Canadian geese know a thing or two about the weather and I think they either know something or are confused because of what humans are doing to the weather or atmosphere or whatever it is.

Ok, enough conspiracy theories for now

3 Likes

:trophy:… you win! As well as all those folks that knuckle under and learn the art of being self-sufficient. Sure, it’s bad for the folks that make pre-made coils… but, hey… they’ve made plenty of profit so far on their wares. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes

If I end up passing away I will so blame my kid for ordering a jacket from China and telling me to smell it LOL

5 Likes

My PMTA point was that if the shipment delays extend to the month of May there may be additional issues relative to the PMTA - they are only connected by virtue of a ticking clock.

5 Likes

Several epidemiologists are predicting a world wide pandemic, with a potential of 40-70% of the world’s population being exposed to the virus.

4 Likes

You kinda lost me there… what’s the link with the virus?

4 Likes

If the shipment delay lingers into May and the PMTA goes into effect, there COULD be no more legal shipments to the USA of vapor products from China. The PMTA has restrictions on devices (no product released after 2.15.2007 is permitted to be sold.)

5 Likes

Just the way the Federal Government et al (like the WHO) all downplaying the severity or need to take care, while at the same time repatriating citizens stuck in faraway lands. Delaying sales of masks to the public in case the Hospitals need them.
Have you seen on the news the car checkpoints checking each persons temperature? Have you seen the big trucks fumigating on the roads? Those actions to me says this is some real nasty virus, and demands more than their current laissez-faire attitude.

I’d hope a person would just go about their normal routines while being more conscious of their surroundings and hygiene (coughing into elbows as an example)

6 Likes

What if you pass in 2062? Still her fault? Because, eventually… :grimacing:

4 Likes

Not starting a flame war here at all, but it isn’t much more than a ‘potential concern’ here in the states at the moment. I’m deeply mistrustful of the government (which is a healthy attitude to have) but I am not in favor of inciting a panic if there’s no reason as yet. And of course, all we’re seeing is public statements and actions. I imagine there’s a lot of preparations being carried out that we don’t know or frankly need to know yet.

Two ways to look at it…One, they hit the panic button and the population totally freaks out, and things get out of hand real quick. Two, they hit the panic button and the pandemic never reaches very serious levels. Next time, who’s going to listen when they press the panic button?

The ‘common’ flu sickens between 9 and 45 million people, hospitalizes between 140,000 and 810,000 people, and kills between 12 and 65 thousand people in the US alone, annually. And no one panics; no one should. This strain will have to be monumentally worse to reach true panic levels. After this passes, if they say the Coronavirus killed 50,000, and sickened 35 million Americans, we’d go “Wow!! That is a lot!!!” But that’s in the range for the ‘common’ flu, so was it a disaster? It’s all perspective I guess. Smoking will still kill 480,000 Americans this year. And 6 million people globally, with 10% of them being secondhand smoke causalities. Where’s the panic?

11 Likes

Nope! :thinking: No super important sky falling quite yet! :joy: … lots of other things to get under control first!

5 Likes

I agree with you, wholeheartedly 100%. :+1: In my mind a potential concern is higher than laissez-faire.

4 Likes