Chrome Loading Problem (PC)

For that past week or so I’ve had trouble with the recipe side of the site. When looking at a recipe, it will load/stop/load/stop until the tab crashes saying Chrome ran out of memory. It doesn’t happen every time I go to a page, but most times. I’m not using adblock and haven’t added any plugins in quite a while. Firefox works fine. Anybody else experience this?

• The URLs chrome is trying to load are all addresses used for ads.
2 Likes

This is an issue that @daath has been made aware of and he is doing his best to resolve it :wink:

1 Like

Ok no worries. I just wasn’t sure if it was something on my end. Thanks for responding.

2 Likes

Glad to hear it! I was starting to wonder if I was the only one having issues, so I popped over to the forum side. Any ETA for the fix? I know keeping something like ELR up and running is a Herculean task and I don’t wish to sound impatient or ungrateful. Thanks!

1 Like

I run Firefox and last night I was having unresponsive scripts issues on the other side labeled chrome. This morning I have had no issues. I run NoScript, policy control and privacy settings extensions which seem to cause me headaches at times on some websites. I also randomly rotate my user agent which could explain why chrome popped up on my firefox. So yes, you are not alone and it is not just this website that I’ve been having issues lately.

So far, it appears that the recipe side of ELR is the only trouble spot I’ve been having, I’m only running AdBlock(disabled for ELR) and Avast plugins for Chrome. I sometimes get a .gif that won’t load properly from imgur, but that’s about the extent of my problems when surfing.

IDK if any changes were made to the site, but I haven’t had any problems in at least the past few days.

3 Likes

Lots of changes are being made as @daath upgrades and improves your experience :smile:

4 Likes

I’ve also noticed a great improvement while using the recipe side of the site, much like @ffrank posted. Thanks, @Grubby for taking the time to reply back to this concern, and a big thanks to @daath for such a great resource! Cheers!

4 Likes