Cleito slight dry hit taste

With the new batch of Cleito coils I’ve noticed a slight cotton taste on some of the coils. Like a dry hit but only a hint of the taste. A google search returned a few videos where peolpe recommend taking the outer cotton layer out (between the outer and inner metal shaft). I’ve done this with the coil i had this cotton taste with and it seems to be working.
Although it really tastes much better now and there seems to be much more liquid around the coil there is still a little bit of this cotton taste left.
Has anybody had the same experience? Is that cotton taste going away or is it dead once the taste is in there?

1 Like

I threw my Cleito away I hated it always had the same problem
only use the Limitless Gold RTDA

2 Likes

I thought that would be an answer to my question. Although the Cleito is not a bat atty I will probably not buy any more coils if they can’t really be used without tuning them before. Maybe another Crown1 then…

1 Like

If your ok with building recommend the Limitless Gold brand new I absolutely love it

1 Like

Thanks for the idea - I’ve been looking for an rdta for a while now but there’s so many mixed reviews.
But I have to say, the latest cleito coil I’ve removed the outer cotton and it is great!. Even better than my crown at the moment. It’s just so inconsistent.

2 Likes

Better than your crown! Blasphemy!

I may take one to work with me today. None of my RTAs can match it for flavor.

3 Likes

I know it sounds like blasphemy but i said “at the moment” This has mainly been caused by a failed recipe change and now i still have the ugly tasting juice stuck in the crown coil. Never would I complain about the Crown. I hope you can forgive my distorted mind and this blaspheme sentence i wrote.

2 Likes

You know I’m just picking.

I know but i still feel guilty. The thing with the cleito was a one-off anyway by the looks of it. Today the cotton taste is back.

1 Like

That’s very unusual, makes me wonder if they are genuine aspire. Lot’s of clones out there. If you fill that tank and let that coil sit for a good 20 minutes you should never ever get a dry hit from a Cleito.

2 Likes

I would be surprised if they were fakes, they come from a trusted shop. Proper Aspire packaging and all. I’ve seen that on youtube with the outer cotton.
I think it was just so good as long as there was enough liquid from priming. Today it’s back to meh. Not enough liquid going through, not even with 5 minutes between hits. I’ve had good coils in the past. I’ve had more bad ones since I’ve built a PWM device.

I used a Cleito for a very long time, it was always kind of missing something though… I could never put my finger on why. I got bored a few weeks ago and tried this tank:

The coils cost less than Cleito, it taste really very good and the tank is cheaper than Cleito. You might want to try this tank and these coils if you like the Cleito type set up. (Also holds 4 ML so you don;t have to fill as often)

2 Likes

A mate of mine has a cleito and I have mixed up a few mixes for him he always asks me to thin it down some because 70/30 is too thick and he gets dry hitsI. I put 1 ml of distilled water into his bottles (30ml) and that seems to work for him. YMMV

2 Likes

Always looking for new tanks and stuff… thanks for the link, I’ll have a look. Do you still like them after using it for a while?

1 Like

That’s actually a good idea, i haven’t thought of that. Do you think 1ml per 30 on a 70/30 mix would be sufficient? I don’t really want to change the ratio because of the throat hit with the PG.

The coils hold up on me for about a week (I’m a chain vaping sort) I plan on sticking with this one for a while because of the flavor. Both types of are .3 Ohm coils. What I don’t like about it is the glass wont pop off the base very easily, I had to soak it in freezing cold water to get the silicon to shrink enough to pop the glass off to clean it.

1 Like

It seems to work for him - you may find you can use less try it on a tank full and work out the %

1 Like

Damn, they don’t seem to be available in Yurop…

Crap! I’m sorry!

Oddly enough, the latest order of kanger clapton occ’s are tasting like garbage after a day or two. Cotton taste almost every other pull. I ordered three packs of 5, they normally last me almost two months. I’ve been swapping them out every other dayish lately.

2 Likes