Cloudmaker Technologies

Anyone get a chance to check this out yet? Looks kinda cool.

https://cloudmakertech.com/

1 Like

I always said I wouldn’t pay the DNA price… but I want one of these. I’ll throw back $20 every week as a down payment for when they come out.

3 Likes

You and me both homie. Been watching this company for some time now.

3 Likes

That’s the one you can program and upgrade yourself… right?

1 Like

Yes correct. Software upgrades via Evolv through usb port on your PC.

1 Like

I’ve been following them from the start I posted about a couple months ago somewhere… really really cool!!! it’s worth waiting for the other platform besides the DNA… IMO

2 Likes

This is one I want. Way too rich for my blood at the moment. Last I saw they were still at the $200.00 mark. Like desktop computers, I think most electronic devices should be built this way. Whoever makes a gaming console with this kind of thinking would make millions overnight.

2 Likes

I would if I could buy the whiteout OS version…

You might be talking about their OS version. They’re releasing an SX and DNA version as well.

From their site:

Whiteout OS: We are excited to introduce the ARES, the first open-source and community-driven PV chip to be made widely available to the market. The Whiteout OS (short for “open-source”) will be an easily and infinitely customizable 120W device, and our community will be constantly pushing the boundaries of vapor technology with tweaks and modifications.

3 Likes

That sounds like the one. Someone posted it here a couple months ago. I’ve already saved $40 toward it’s purchase.

2 Likes

Whatever happened with these guys? This release is way overdue. Anybody heard anything?

Their Reddit page has stated that first group of preorders have been sent.

1 Like

I was wondering if they were out yet. I thought they were due out last year… Aug or Sept?

oh yeah…then it was problem after problem…setback after setback…
i checked reddit a coupla weeks ago and they said: shipped!!!
i’m not jumpin on it…it’ll be another year, lol

SMY SDNA 200 is pretty awesome

I wanted one at first… I almost preordered. I’m glad I waited. I’m happy with my VT200s. No problems yet.

vaporshark, vt200 and SDNA200…all work perfectly…SDNA has the 1600 in it. STILL cant find a sleeve for it, though…may settle for a jwrap

i’m gonna build one next…i HAVE to know the pride!

1 Like

I finally received my Whiteout DNA yesterday, won it last year on Plumes of Hazard (literally took them almost a year to get my winnings, which was supposed to include a custom engraved panel).
Initial impressions: build quality is alright but not perfect, battery is way too small for a device like this, it’s a big box but feels very light.

Is it worth the $200? Fuck no.
Is it a nice mod? Yeah.
Is it a flagship kind of mod? Nope.

4 Likes

any pics it’d be nice to see a “real” one??? lol

2 Likes