Cloudy juice after heating

Heating them up (in my mind over 120 degrees F.) NO
Warming them (in my mind 100 to 115 degrees F.)YES

I used to warm some of my juice B/DIY but since I started doing my own juice I figure I can make enough and have enough variety to let it steep au natural.
About the most I do is to run it in the ultrasonic cleaner for 30 minutes and I guess that does warm it a little but not very much with a full tank of water and 3 to 6 bottles in it.

1 Like

Hereā€™s mine itā€™s a combo probe and infrared. I do use it in the kitchen so I always clean the prob when used in the kitchen. Then I always do a vodka wipe down and dry. I normally only test the water temp in the UC if Iā€™ve used it more than one cycle without letting it cool or adding ice to cool it. for some reason.

Did I ask if itā€™s citrus recipe? When I mix FA Grapefruit with any other citrus I get a bit of cloudiness that never goes away.

I stand the bottle up so that the top is always above water.

Itā€™s happened with flavors that arenā€™t citrus. Sometimes I do get a bit of cloudiness with citrus regardless of whether I heat it or not.

Iā€™m guessing maybe the problem is just too much heat. My water heater is set to 125, so that could very well be the issue.

use an instant read meat manual thermometer and a binder clip. run your hot water till its the hottest it gets fill the cup clip the binder clip to the top and slide the thermomometer through the inside loop handle it will hold it up and when the temp is low enough put the bottle in and you can moniter the temp.

2 Likes