Cloudy mix

Hey guys. Mixed up a Banana thing last month and it’s been steeping since Nov 29.

It still seems really cloudy compared to other mixes.

Any thoughts on why and is it ok?

5 Likes

I don’t know all of the flavors but there’s nothing wrong as far as I can see. The only things I can imagine are contamination or not properly mixed so the PG and the VG sometimes give this light reflecting effect. But that goes away when you shake it a bit. Or is it really cold?

3 Likes

Definitely not cold here (summer now). Clean, clear bottle and mixed with same PG & VG as another recipe the same day which is fine. The actual concentrates seem clear enough so that’s what made me ask… Strange as I have never seen this using any of the flavours in other recipes.

3 Likes

Maybe a bad batch of one of the components, or some weird reaction which happens with this exact combination of flavors?
I’d probably try again with fresh components, if it is repeatable it must be some reaction I guess.

3 Likes

@Ianc13 TPA’s Banana Ripe is known for two things. Clouding mixes, and cracking tanks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY_eJuice/comments/3fz11o/tfa_ripe_banana_juice_cloudiness/

12 Likes

Thanks @SessionDrummer , I knew the tank cracking problem but not the clouding. Makes sense now… :woozy_face:

3 Likes

@Ianc13 I stopped using Ripe Banana, due to my fear of it eating my plastics.

Ripe Banana Flavor **

Partially water soluble - this flavor is not as water soluble as our other flavors.

This banana is more like a true ripe banana than our Banana Cream.
Try it at 12-15% Those customers who like strong flavors might go to 20%

*Note: this flavor might be hard on certain soft plastics.

Ingredients: Natural and Artifical Flavors, Ethyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Water.

Larger sizes available in our Bulk Sizes Category.

Perfumers Apprentice Prop 65 Statement

Warning: This product can expose you to Acetaldehyde, which is known to the State of California to cause Cancer.

Click here for more information

2 Likes

@SessionDrummer, yeah I threw that mix out (was only a small test). I have this concentrate in another mix but it is under 1% and doesn’t seem to have a problem. All my RTA’s use glass so no plastic problems but did transfer the mix I still use into a glass bottle just in case. Thanks for the info mate, your a champ. :+1::grin:

4 Likes

Certain flavors (and more rarely, certain combinations) can cloud.
Nothing to fear. As long as there’s no ‘floaties’, you’re all good. lol

6 Likes