Coil Building Show Offs (Part II)

I always go with the one I like. Lately I’ve been using a lot of 26/36 Clapton. SS in single coil configurations and Ka in dual coil configurations. 5 to 6 wraps gives me around 1/2 an ohm which I like for performance and battery life. Flavor is great in the atties I build per my pallet. I use simple wire for MTL over one ohm builds. Wicking is my focus. Keep those coils a wet as possible without flooding. I also test mixes with the same builds I vape with so those liquids are optimized for those builds. So to answer your question, I don’t have a clue.

7 Likes

Thanks for you input mate

3 Likes

How do you create that first build, the zig zag. I’m new to it all I maybe simple. If I was to use my jig it would be round and not build like that. So how do you manipulate the wire into that form.

3 Likes

Agree. It sometimes takes me ages fitting a coil, making sure it’s perfectly lined up with the other. I’ve got OCD on certain things. It’s got to be neat and right lol

4 Likes

This video shows you for round wire, but it works with any type of wire you use. It’s easy, it’s fast and you avoid hot spots.
Just pull the coil apart and then push it back together… perfectly spaced. No need for some difficult secret tricks.
11 Likes

I’m sorry, I’m not sure what you mean by zig zag? Which coil was it?

2 Likes

Hahaha I’m lost now. It was days ago. It was probably some coil I was looking at. If I remember, I explain what I meant by zig zag

2 Likes

Yeah it was reference this build. It appears to look zig zagged due to the space between the wrap’s.
I’m new and use the coil master rigs, which pushed the wrap’s close together. I suspect you don’t use the end peice for the rod and just wrap by had of I’m correct to say?

2 Likes

But again not looking, there’s a video link that explains it :rofl: not sharp at the moment, been busy with work :rofl:

3 Likes

@Phil_Critch I thought that was what you meant with zigzag… that’s just how a spaced coil looks before it’s wicked and has no coil jig or screw driver through it.

4 Likes

Ok lol I got you, when you wrap on your coilmaster jig and the coil is done, keep it on the rod and use your fingernails to spread the coil wraps apart as far as they will (easily) stretch, then compress them all back together against the handle of the coil jig, perfect spaced coils every time:)

5 Likes

Aegis, Tsunami, quad core single coil 30/40 ss316
3mm 5/6 wrap

8 Likes

I’ve been doing it that way for a long time now, it does work great. For a single strand, single coil build like I use (in this case, on the Profile), it makes a big difference (to me anyway) in flavor and build longevity. It’s so simple to do.

Oh, and this is no “show off” post. That’s far too simple a build to brag about. Just showing the results of the simple spacing method Suo posted.

7 Likes

Looks like a nice coil to me, I wish more people posted their builds, basic or not. I like seeing what people are running, especially people who run mechs.

My builds are the same as you wrapping round wire, I just buy Clapton’s already on the roll from lv or avs, because I hate making them lol. I still make some staples and framed staples every now and then but most of the fused Clapton’s I have pics of on here came to me on a spool.

6 Likes

9 Likes

You don’t like spaced coils?

3 Likes

4 Likes

That looks like it was wrapped on an Allen wrench lol

4 Likes

The best coil I’ve seen in a long time …

3 Likes

The shot through the airflow is a great pic

4 Likes