Coil Building show offs!

Wow this is the sickest shit I have ever seen.

1 Like

So Rock Me, And Roll Me, Till I’m Sick…

2 Likes
6 Likes

Here’s a build I put into my 13heavens9hells RDA last night.

It’s a 26gKa1 fused Clapton wrapped 38gNm80 and paralleled with lightly twisted 3x30gNm80

6/5 wrap on a 3mm clocked in at .12ohms.

4 Likes

just wondering have u posted ur artwork and I MEAN artwork elsewhere? and how’s the response I often wonder?

1 Like

I setup an Instagram account about 7 days ago.

I’ve got about 10 followers lol.

Had some likes from SQUIDOODE, ECIGGITY etc.

But these builds are nothing compared to what’s out there on Instagram.

CMJ

1 Like

Here’s a snap shot from my likes page just within the last few hours.

1 Like

And here’s an example of some builds out there beyond the “NORM”

This guy F4rr3l or whatever his ID is has come along in the last few weeks on IG.

CMJ

2 Likes

ok…did my first fused clapton tonight…
started with 2x24g kanthal and wrapped it with 34g Nm60…its coming in at 0.11ohm…

i’m pretty proud of myself, because my vision is failing at a rapid rate…i’m on my 3rd prescription of eyeglases since 2011 and the glasses i have now arent much help because, as i said, my vision is failing rapidly…i have another appt with the optometrist tomorrow for yet another update on my glasses…
this clapton wrap was made possible by the use of a 4x magnifying glass and some serious straining, lol…
i’m seriously not looking for sympathy, i am simply explaining why i’m so fucking proud of myself, lol…

8 Likes

Very very nicely done

2 Likes

That’s damn good for a first try. You’re a quick learner. You should try a parallel build, giving you a staged heated coil. It helps manipulate your juice for added flavor.

2 Likes

hey, just thought i’d show you my setup… what i actually have to do to be able to see those itsy bitsy wires, lol

that last picture was my attempt to show you all what im actually looking through…

5 Likes

Thanks, PV, I’ve done various staged heating coils before, with moderate success even…but I had never done a fused Clapton, so first thing I wanted to experience that vape…
So just now I made more fused Clapton: I did a 2x26g Kantian core with a 36g Nm80 wrap…thats what I was making in those new pix…ill probably use those in a staged build with some SS wire, maybe even twisted SS…any suggestions are appreciated…
I am a quick learner, so speaking slowly is not necessary, lol…

3 Likes

That’s a nice setup you have there. I can use that magnifier. I’ll have took into ordering one for myself.

1 Like

WTF?!?!?!
each pic made my jaw drop even lower…

1 Like

Same here… those are the heavy hitters.

1 Like

Wow.

That’s tremendous for a first attempt, even more so with your eye condition.

Something which may or may not help you for wrapping multicored wires, check out Prestine Builds on YouTube.

He demonstrates a 26/26 fused Clapton
that’s fused with I think 50g wire.

But the setup he uses makes it a lot easier.

By attaching fishing swivels to the loop end of your wire and anchoring them down you only need to keep the wire spool at a 90 angle with some tension and it wraps itself.

This setup would also help with Staple coils as per our conversation. You can pinch the ribbon through the swivels and it aids in keeping the ribbon taught while using the 90 angle wrapping technique making it a lot easier.

Once again very very well done!!

CMJ

1 Like

http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/779030/Carson-MagniLamp-Magnifier/

This is the magnifier I have been using…it’s a 2x with a 4x bifocal lens at the bottom…
The day I went to Office Depot they had it on sale for under $10

2 Likes

Not sure if it’s visible much without knowing, but in the second picture down, attached to the chair on the left is a small vise…in the jaws of that vise is a small fishing lure swivel…I did catch that little tip in one of the videos I watched…thanks, definitely keep em coming…I will watch the pristine builds vids today without a doubt…I also watched a short video on doing claptons easier with a small tool used from an old kanger coil and I noticed our very own Pro_Vapes has a video out there with a tool being used to simplify the clapton winding…looks like I have some more videos to.watch and some other techniques to try. …
So, as always, keep em coming and for sure: thanks so much for the encouragement and all the help!

2 Likes

@Pro_vapes tool is a great one.

Once you get it all to hold together effectively you can anchor the wire using swivels etc and allow the tool to do the work for you, allowing it to hang below the wire and it will pretty much wrap the wire the whole distance by itself.

@Pro_vapes had perfected it that much he was pretty much able to create spools of Clapton wire!!!

Another thing I find helpful using swivels is to use more than just one.

Sometimes you can get a snag if you only use a single swivel this gives you no fail safe.

I actually use around 10 swivels.

Mainly due to the finer gauges of wire are a lot easier to twist even using swivels so the more swivels used with the finer gauges helps to stop them twisting up as you wrap them.

It’s such good fun making these wires and builds and I’m glad you have started to create these wires yourself.

My only worry is that this week I’m ordering an IPV4/s and some 24g Ti and i pretty much know that my building days will be over if @Pro_vapes and everyone else is correct about the flavour achievable from a good TC mod.

But just to keep my building head on I’m also buying a Dimitri clone Parallel Mech Box and a load more 25R’s. Lol.

CMJ

2 Likes