Coil Building show offs!

I used to do twisted parellels, a good vape and an easy build. With the Daedalus jig I do Claptons now because I personally prefer them.

Here are a couple reasons I so not use SS anymore. Look at all the wraps! I way prefer 6 or 7.

*Oh, and ‘show off’ is SO not me, I was reluctant to even post here.

4 Likes

Is the bottom photo a fused clapton?

It’s a Gatorback Clapton, one 26g and a twisted 28g pair wrapped in 40g Claptoning.

Eeeh ok, too much for me. lol

I have this spool of fused clapton thet looks similar, but I dislike it because it takes too long, and too much wattage, to actually vape.

I would like to find a build that will give me a quick dense vape, and just build and vape that.

Can you recommend something simple, but good on battery life that will give me in instant dense vape?

Looks as if I will need to have a few different wire sizes and types. lol

2 Likes
2 Likes

Single strand each of 24,26, and 28 gauge ss316L twisted up together, ohms out at .16 as a single coil 6/7 wrap on a 2.5mm screw, pushing 70-85 watts and tastes damn delicious

4 Likes

I made a … thing! Its a four double strand (eight wires) braid with 30 gauge SS316L… I have no idea what it’ll ohm out at… Lol But it was fun and looks pretty cool! And I only bled a little bit, and only hammered my fingers 3 or 4 times…(ouch) :joy:
I finally got the hang of it about half way through, so I’ll definitely be trying it again once the feeling in my fingers comes back to see if I can get it a bit more uniform.

25 Likes

very nice craftwomanship dear…love it :ok_hand: nice job!

8 Likes

Thanks! :grin:

holy shit I can barely type… my fingers are dead.

7 Likes

It does look cool, and pretty.
I have got to see that as a coil on a deck. It is hard to tell the size of it as a strand.

1 Like

I’ll definitely post a pic once I wrap it up!

5 Likes

You may need some time with those poor fingers! :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh man, no kidding. :laughing:

1 Like

Don’t forget to hit it with low and slow wattage first to get that pretty color from the ss wire!

2 Likes

Very well done! Nice looking braid for sure! :ok_hand:t2::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m definitely looking for that rainbow! :rainbow:

1 Like

Tyvm! :grinning:

1 Like

What a gorgeous bracelet!! :laughing:
/end grandma’s commentary

Seriously impressive hon! Well done!

3 Likes

Thanks! And seriously, i got about halfway through and started thinking it would make a nice bracelet! The whole time I was braiding it felt like I was 10 years old making friendship bracelets.
I’ve also been browsing etsy and and have seen bracelets that I thought would make great coils… :laughing:

3 Likes

Well, if that fancy braid works out, you could relive your childhood and make ‘friendship coils’ for your peeps here!

OK, seriously it’s been an hour now, how did the build go?

3 Likes