Coil Building show offs!

LOL pretty standard, I think. I pulled it out and did a new one. Little more twisted than the first and it wound up better. Ready to try again now that I’m home from holiday and have time to fiddle. I may look around my landlords shed and see if I can rustle up a drill. :smile:

1 Like

28g core and 32 to 36g 4 outer 4 to 6 wraps will fit most tanks.

I’ve installed a 24g/.8mm tiger wire coil in a TAIFUN GT-T v2.

I’m predominantly an RDA guy but I’ve just purchased a BILLOW V2.

So I’ll be wrapping some coils to try on this soon.

J

I wish I could try one I mean really unreal I’ve tried but f*#&$ed up sorry but wasted alot of wire trying!!!

1 Like

Ok, for those of you who use the KangerTech subtank mini, I tried a new build on mine, which is a vertical coil build, using a 24 guage Kanthol wire. I am very impressed with this build because of the taste. I like my sweets so I’m vaping a butterscotch & with this build it really gives you that sweet butterscotch taste & a great air flow. Sorry but I have no pictures but I am a newb to forums…in fact, this is the first forum I’ve ever joined & so uploading pictures is kinda confusing to me.

2 Likes

Just stick around and keep posting. You’ll be a forum vet before you know it.

3 Likes

Thnks. lol. I did finally figure out how to upload a profile picture. :flushed:

2 Likes

Just made some fused 28g claps with a 38g NiCr80 wrapper ready for my billow.

Thinking 4 or 5 and wraps on a 2mm per coil.

CMJ

3 Likes

I built a couple of these (chimney coils) for my subtank plus and they do work nicely, lots of air flow. Curious how did you wick yours? I wrapped mine around the outside of the coil and would get a dry hit every now and then on the higher watts.

I’ll have to experiment with an electric mixer for those without a drill. Just have to wait until the wife is away. I don’t think “but I was doing it for science” will be a viable excuse.

3 Likes

ROFLMAO … but honey …

1 Like

Never thought of that. I do have a mixer. Hhmm…now to decide if I risk burning it up “for science.” lol

2 Likes

Would you kindly sign this waiver absolving me of any “situations” that may occur?
I wouldn’t want a repeat of the chainsaw-candle carving incident.

2 Likes

Tried my hand at some alien wire tonight.

First attempt, a bit junky but parts of the wire came out looking good, fine line between too much tension on the wrapping and not enough. More of a guiding grip with a slight angle.

I used some 26g cores with a 32g over wrap simply because I’ve got plenty of 32 spare to try with.

I’m just going to whip out the build in my PV and see what it’s coming in at.

6 wrap 2mm ID

It clocked in at .27ohms.

Ramps up fairly quick considering the amount of wire.

In a 4" piece of wire there was approx 4ft of wire.

CMJ

3 Likes

Oh so pretty. I AM going to try this sometime soon.

Ah, making it so easy for me.

Just watched a video last night about building it vertical.

All i did was pulled a piece of cotton through on 2 sides & kinda brought the ends of the pieces together. If I can figure out how to upload a picture on here I would be able to show you. lol. I’ve had no dry hits, so far, (knock on wood) & the taste is still spot on but I did loose that massive cloud I use to get though. If you’re on Facebook, my wife & I started a group just for vaporers, its called “vaporers united” & it is an open group & I have pics of the coil on it. Check it out & you’re welcome to join, if you like. Its just something we started just to talk about vaping & shareing pics & info about it as well & its an open group.

There, I think this might help.

2 Likes

Perfect! Thanks for the pics.
I did something similar but now that I think about it I don’t think I have tried a chimney coil since I opened up the juice channels a little. I’ll have to try it again with some TI wire and see how it does with the mod in Temperature Control mode. At least doing it that way I wont have to worry about dry hits.
Thanks again!