Coil Building show offs!

Thought I would drop this collage in here.

This is my jump into regulated sub ohm RTA vaping.

This is my BILLOW V2 RTA on my SMOK M80 running a .24ohm build that’s using a 28g Kanthal fused Clapton with 38g Nichrome 80 as the wrapper on a 2.4mm screwdriver.

This thing performs beautifully at anywhere above 30w up to 50w.

What I have found in the few days that I’ve owned the billow is that the wicking plays a vital role in how it performs.

I’ve trimmed my wicks to just about reach the juice channel lip and there was very little resistance through the coil.

I can chain Vape this thing without it dry hitting at all.

Flavour is sublime, vapour is insane, airflow is perfect, I would akin the airflow to that of the Petri RDA.

I’ve been a little quiet on this thread this week.

That’s all down to the billow and the build that’s in it.

I haven’t even cleaned out my Velocity clone that arrived on Thursday yet and I was really looking forward to that arrival lol.

CMJ.

1 Like

No problem. I hope I was able to help. With the new SubTank mini, they made the wick holes a lot bigger now so it wicks great. Let me know how it works out for you.

Ok, heres a picture of my very first build. Nothing spectacular but it worked great. The othe pic is of the verticle build on my SubTank mini.

4 Likes

Looks Great @BlueDragon

CMJ

1 Like

Thank you. The verticle coil lessened the cloud but the taste is really good. Small sacrifices… lol

My wife always like to match. :grinning:

2 Likes

I like it.

My wife still uses a Kanger Evod tank and 1000mah Kanger Evod 3.7v stick battery.

She has started letting me rebuild her coils though lol.

CMJ

2 Likes

Cool Pics Love it. Keep em coming.

Here’s some pics of the Clapton helix wire I made a week or so ago.

It’s using 28/36 kanthal Clapton that’s twisted and the helixed with 29g Nichrome 80 and then in parallel with 24g Nichrome 80.

4 wraps of the Clapton Helix with 5 wraps of 24g NiCr80 on a 2.4mm ID clocked in at .15ohms.

Cloud pic at 80w.

This is a very warm Vape.

What do you think?

@NewDrip @JoJo @mixedup1 @quitter1 @daath @ken_o_where @PIXXIEPUFFS @Jimk @juicyd @BlueDragon

CMJ

6 Likes

Nice job CMJ… that is a beautiful build.

2 Likes

like the staged heating

1 Like

Having had a few nightmare attempts about a month ago at Stapled Helix wire I decided to jump back on YouTube and get watching some tutorials.

I found one by OhmBoy OC for LOST VAPES and it opened my eyes to where I’ve been going wrong.

This wire consists of 2 pieces of twisted 26g Kanthal, 5 pieces of .5mm Ribbon wire and then Helixed with 36g Kanthal.
@NewDrip
@Ken_O_Where
@JoJo
@MixedUp1
@PIXXIEPUFFS
@quitter1
@daath

What do you think guys and gals?

The helix isn’t perfect but it should work out fine in a build.

3 Likes

artwork man just plain artwork!!! beautiful man!!!

1 Like

Cheers bud!

Prep work is the key to this wire.

Making the twisted 26.

Laying 5 pieces of ribbon and securing the ends.

Sandwiching the twisted and ribbon together and securing again.

Then hand wrapping the 36g.

Took about 45mins.

CMJ

1 Like

Looks lovely. And like a huge PITA. Was it worth it?

1 Like

From what I’ve heard about this build is it’s one of the best for flavor. The ribbon wire is notorious for producing flavor. Good job CMJ aka King of Wrap!

3 Likes

It wasn’t too bad to honest.

The prep work to make the wire was a pretty chilled experience.

The biggest PITA is lining up the ribbon.

But a bit of saliva on the fingers and ran across the ribbon a few times has them lining up good.

As for was it worth it???

Don’t know yet.

The only thing it will fit in is my drilled out PETRI and I’ve only just put a killer build in that RDA. lol.

I just wanted to see if I could make the wire more than anything.

CMJ

2 Likes

Very true.

Everything I’ve heard says the same about the flavour.

I’ll find out soon when I have a switch around with my RDA’s.

I need to give each RDA a thorough cleaning anyway so it will give me a chance to see what posts are big enough to fit the wire.

At some stage I think I might invest in s Twisted Messes RDA or the El Cabron just because they have single coil option with huge post holes.

CMJ

1 Like

Fast tech styled El Cabron ordered.

Cheap as chips!

1 Like

Just ordered a 1:1 clone of the twisted messes RDA from a UK supplier.

Hopefully it will be here by Saturday for me to try mounting this fucking beast!

3 Likes