Coil Building show offs!

whoooo how can u send me some??? no joke?

Iā€™ll check and see how much the AirMail would be.

This is how the wire looked on a 2.4mm ID with 5 wraps at .18ohms mounted on the El Cabron.

itā€™s just crazy crazy stuff!!!

1 Like

I must admit it looks cool as F*ck when itā€™s coiled lol.

Hereā€™s some other wire Iā€™ve been making tonight.

Kind of a belly of the beast style wire but not as pretty.

24g/32g Clapton. De-cored.

32g wrapper stretched out and then 28g threaded through and cut into 3 equal pieces and then reverse twisted together.

2 Likes

Last night I was building my Billow V2 deck with a 29g NiCr80 fused Clapton that was wrapped in 32g Kanthal and I snapped the legs on my coil.

So seeing as it was 12am I decided to throw a quick build in the billow.

So I wrapped an 8wrap 2.5mm ID 24g Kanthal dual coil @.28ohms. meh!

Flavour was good but nothing compared to a Clapton or fused build.

So today when I popped home for lunch (30mins) I made some 24g NiCr80 and .8mm Ribbon Kanthal Tiger wire.

6 wraps on a 2mm ID dual coil @.11ohms.

Ah!!! Flavour is punching again.

So if you have a billow V2 @Jimk I urge you to try this build in the Billow.

CMJ

2 Likes

Ti has put a stop to all those fancy builds for me. I didnā€™t realize how much all that metal affected the taste. Until you use Ti you may think the flavor is top notch. Once you get a hit with no metal taste you will see the difference. I canā€™t bring myself to build like that anymore.

2 Likes

Might buy myself some Ti and throw a build in something to try.

Iā€™ve got another vudget next month mainly for flavours etc but in another month Iā€™m going to jump onto the TC band wagon but at the same time Iā€™m also going to get myself either a Dual or Triple parallel Mech box so I can try super Sub Ohm with Kanthal and NiCr.

I hate this timid you! Lol.

CMJ

2 Likes

Yep, Iā€™ve settled down. My main focus is on the liquid now. Super Sub without TC is a no go. Too much heatā€¦ You need to be able to control the temp. You my be able to use glass drip tipsā€¦ but the vape will be hot.

2 Likes

T.C. makes a radical difference to vaping from my minor experience with APV.

Donā€™t get me wrong those artistic builds you posted where beautiful.

2 Likes

If you get the Snow Wolf you can kill two birds with one stone. It goes down to .05 in wattage and tc mode. The tc works great on it too.

3 Likes

Ya know I was stuck between snow wolf and ipv3 li & I picked the ipv3 because the glass sides of the snow wolf freak me outā€¦lmao

I donā€™t wanna break junk man

2 Likes

Who the fuck is this??? Jk lol.

To be perfectly honest Iā€™m thinking SnowWolf200 simply for the fact itā€™s auto sensing on Ni, Ti and Kanthal.

But I do like the price point on the IPV4s as its Ā£20 cheaper than the Asmodus which in all honesty is 4x18650ā€™s to me.

CMJ

2 Likes

So the Snowwolf does titanium? I didnā€™t no dis maaaaan :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it does.

Iā€™ve been wrong before though.

@Pro_Vapes could you confirm if Ti is sensed by the SW200w

1 Like

All TC mods will read the Ti. The thing is it thinks its Ni200. By Ti having a lower resistance it heats a lot hotter. Just vape at a lower visual temp.

2 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up buddy.

So is it the IPV4/4s that has the update for Ti mode???

CMJ

1 Like

Yepā€¦ The ipv3li does nickel to 50 joules & titanium to 100joules.
Iā€™m pretty sure all the IPVā€™s with the yihi chipset got that update

3 Likes

The IPV4s comes with update pre-installedā€¦ The IPV4 you update yourself.

2 Likes

Just wanted to show you the coil firing.

The juice can actually be seen bubbling and boiling on this coil.

Itā€™s insane lol.

CMJ

4 Likes

HOLY NICHROME FRENZY!!!

So I was checking out YouTube today at my subs and caught Kyle Fonger of Vapor Hut making a coil called NICHROME FRENZY.

Basically he says he was running out of wire so decided to try an all Nichrome build.

He uses the following
Nichrome80
24/32 Clapton
28 triple twisted
5 wraps of Clapton 4 wraps of twisted on a 3mm around .18ohm

Iā€™ve used Nichrome 80
24/38
29 triple twisted
5 wraps of Clapton 4 wraps of twisted on 3mm .27ohms

Holy fucking crap. Ramp up is instant, flavour is great ( @Pro_Vapes I know it wonā€™t compare to TC Ti but humour me lol) vapour is just stupidly insane!

Hereā€™s some shots.

@Pro_Vapes @PIXXIEPUFFS @quitter1 @mixedup1 @daath @jimk @juicyd @JoJo

4 Likes