Coil Building show offs!

uhmmmm… yeah ur making some sik frikin stuff dude!!!

I’m just replicating builds right now I’m not taking credit for them but they are producing that’s for damn sure lol.

What’s mental is I’ve just put this build in my El Cabron and I’m sat here vaping my .55ohm Clapton build in the billow v2 lol.

CMJ

1 Like

If I’m allowed to go I’ll probably take these builds to VAPEFEST UK. lol.

CMJ

3 Likes

Here’s a coil I’ve wrapped tonight and installed into the mutation x.

It’s a 26g fused Clapton that’s wrapped in 38g NiCr80 then paralleled with 24g NiCr80.

Nothing too special just a silky looking build.

6 wraps of fused, 5 wraps of 24g on a 2.4mm clocking in at .16ohms.

4 Likes

Wow, that’s smooth! Looks like good wicking in there!

2 Likes

Just thought I would throw up these pics from last night.

Pics are of the coil firing on Mech Mode on my m80. So around the 80w mark or so.

Took about 6 drops of juice to fully saturate the coil and cotton inside the coil.

Didn’t get a dry hit either on this last night even when the cotton began to dry out.

1 Like

38 and 40 gauge really make some smooth looking claptons. It’s been a while since I made one. I was using claptons to test flavors, but I don’t use them for that anymore. Nothing beats that clean flavor from Ti. I do miss coil building though.
BTW, Very good looking build CMJ.

2 Likes

Just ordered a 200m spool of 39AWG Kanthal A1 and a 10m spool of 28AWG Ti grade1.

Think I’ll be making some coils for the billow using the Ti.

I’ll be sure to reread your Ti Prep and Use thread.

CMJ

1 Like

Once you taste the Ti you not going to use that Kanthal.

Make sure to read @Damondo post also. It’s pretty much the same… just more detailed.

1 Like

Just wanted to show off these coils I made tonight.

These coils are pretty much a copy of the fused and parallel coil above.

However with a difference.

The fused Clapton has 32g Kanthal cores with 38g wrapper with parallel 29g Nichrome 80.

These were wrapped on a 2.4mm driver ready to try and fit into the billow v2.

2 Likes

And here’s the pics folks.

32g Kanthal fused claptons using 38g Nichrome80 as the wrapper then paralleled with 29g Nichrome80

Staged heating in the billow v2

3 Likes

Here’s a coil I’ve just put into my STILARE clone.

It’s 6/5 wrap of 26g Kanthal and .8mm ribbon Kanthal.

Clocked in a .34ohms

Firing and blowing clouds at 80w

CMJ

6 Likes

So tonight Ive just been messing around with some wire I rarely use much of.

24g and 32g Kanthal.

So I made about 2ft of 24/32 Clapton wire.

Then I remembered a picture that @Pro_vapes posted a while back telling me he wanted to see a double stacked coil that had a third coil around both the stacked coils.

So I figured what the hell let’s give it a go.

all 24/32 Clapton

2 coils stacked, 5 wraps each on a 2.4mm
Then wrapped again 4 wraps of 24/32 Clapton in the spaces of each coil kind of lol.

Hope you enjoy folks.

@daath @pixxiepuffs @jimk @jojo @ken_o_where @mixedup1 @quitter1

Surprisingly this fit, all be it very snug, with top cap clearance in the Twisted Messes.

It clocked in at .24ohms took about 20seconds to ramp up at 80w but it was only for shits and giggles.

Enjoy

CMJ

5 Likes

Whoa! That looks like it would incinerate the world :smiley:

2 Likes

You’re not wrong there lol.

I may try a remake of this at some point with some smaller gauge wires just to see what happens on the ramp up.

Something like 29g NiCr80 fused claptons with something like a 28g Kanthal clap or twisted or whatever really.

It takes about 5 minutes to completely cool off.

And no I haven’t wicked it to try it lol. (Yet!)

CMJ

3 Likes

That’s a monster

It’s FRANKENCOIL lol.

CMJ

2 Likes

When do you predict that thing to go super-nova? Jeez-Louise, that’s massive. It’s almost as hot as the temperature here today (118 F)!

2 Likes

Lol.

Here it’s been a whopping 15C what’s that about 58F.

That’s fucking Wales for you lol I need to build coils like this to keep the rest of the folks on my street warm lol.

CMJ

That shit is insane @Jondamon… Way beyond anything I ever tried. You need the hands of a surgeon to build that shit. You make me wanna break out the old box of wires.

1 Like