Coil Building show offs!

I remember that one its definately a sweet build.

The one I made was only really a half staggered fused clap with some twisted wire in parallel but it looks pretty bad ass lol.

I may not even use it yet I dunno.

I tried mounting one of them in the 13heavens 9 hells last night but I had to jig it that much it was shorting on a leg pretty bad.

So I might wait for one of my new petri’s to get here or my Phenotype RDA before using the other coil.

I was merely playing around with the wire I don’t use much of.

CMJ

1 Like

Here’s some pics of 26g fused claptons wrapped in 42gNm80 6 wrap 2.5mm 0.15ohms.

5 Likes

very very impressively clean J !!!

Cheers buddy.

I actually have started washing my coils with dish soap and a toothbrush prior to firing them lol.

Makes them look even more purrty for pictures lol.

CMJ

1 Like

Love them colours j. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Don’t get me wrong @pattie they’re edited a little.

Here’s a before edit and after.

Just some saturation and warmth editing to help them stand out more.

CMJ

2 Likes

Just love that blue/purple huge washing over the coils. :+1:

2 Likes

your builds are getting cleaner, tighter, props, brother…
hey, wanna run something by ya…
i finally found, purchased and received some 316l in higher gauges, so, i’m thinking of doing a fused clapton with 24 or 26g core with a 32g wrap, all SS 316l
whats your thoughts on this?

(i finally found 24, 26, 28, 30 and 32g all in 316l SS)

2 Likes

You’d probably have to go single coil.

I’ve found better flavour with SS as a spaced coil like Ti.

Try a fused and see how you go.

CMJ

2 Likes

Do you mean ss spaced like a ti spaced coil or ss (closed coil) compared to a spaced ti coil?

1 Like

Just like Ti.

Spaced wraps.

1 Like

I see what you meam mate. 22g?

1 Like

The build in question was 25g SS317L.

CMJ

1 Like

Thanks mate.

1 Like

New week, new build.

Here’s a build a put into the Petri RDA last night.

Dual coil 3mm ID
6 wraps of 26gNm80 fused Clapton wrapped in 42gNm80
5 wraps of 26gNm80 in parallel.

.12ohms.

5 Likes

J u d man when it comes to the coils. Nice one mate. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I love the shine!!!

2 Likes

Shine, Shine, Shine, let it shine…

2 Likes

@Jondamon I agree, this is awesome looking. I’ve never gotten into intricate builds, so forgive my ignorance. The most I’ve ever done is twist wire and I didn’t really see the benefit. My question is do builds like this just serve as a type of artform for you, or is it style and function?

I see all the multi-material builds, hear about staging, etc. It all sounds interesting but what is the benefit aside from aesthetically being sick as tits as our friend Trippy Rippy would say? Am I missing something by NOT doing Claptons etc? Also I notice most of these are mounted in drippers. Is there a benefit to more intricate builds for RTA aside from the standard spaced, single wrap coil?

Now if that’s not enough Q & A for you, I have one more. I see all the builds where wires I’m using for temperature control are used, and mixed. So where someone builds a kanthal/nickel builds, or titanium and nickel, are those just for wattage vaping or are people actually using them in temp control? I wouldn’t think they would work and have even questioned the purpose in having an intricate build of just titanium or nickel.

Listening…your turn :slight_smile:

1 Like

Back when we didn’t know about titanium, claptons was the best way to get excellent flavor - think staged heating, huge surface area… Now (I think) @Jondamon just does it because it’s fun to build and he’s really good at it :smile:

3 Likes