Coil Building show offs!

Well… at least it look good.

3 Likes

did myself one o’dem art of vaping tutorials…vertabraiding…turned out nice, i think…
3x28g ka…um, 6 or 7 wraps on the 2.5 ID…on the velocity clone…duals came in at .14ohms…real pretty, if ya ask me…

5 Likes

So I’ve been really quiet lately on the building of wire and coils, thanks @Pro_vapes lol. Since PV put me onto Ti coils my building has really taken a back seat as the flavour achieved with a simple Ti is just phenomenal.

In case anyone is looking for a good Ti build 2.5mm ID 22gTi 6 or 7 wraps at 0.06-0.07ohms is just WOW.

Once again I bow down @Pro_vapes

So after the wife went to bed last night I broke out the box of wire and had a little play around.

The pics that follow aren’t anything really special they’re just a slick looking build.

The wire consists of
30g Nichrome 80 cores wrapped in 44g Nichrome 80 for a fused Clapton.
Paralleled with 2x26gNm80

Enjoy.

This is a 6/5 wrap on a 3mm.

I might pop these in either the Twisted messes RDA or the 13 Heavens 9 Hells.

CMJ

4 Likes

I knew you missed building them coils. Good looking build CMJ.

2 Likes

I thought this thread would taper off, all due to ti. :smile:

1 Like

@Jondamon that looks cool mate👌

I’m still working on some Ti builds though and playing around with Ti and Nm80 so watch this space for some sick Ti shit lol.

CMJ

1 Like

Cheers G.

I’m working on a Ti Nm80 hybrid kind of build though in the shadows I’ll post when I’ve completed.

CMJ

2 Likes

Certainly will my friend. Well done. I would love to be able to do that but only have partial use of my right hand and arm after accident. Thats art that my friend👍

2 Likes

You may be able to get a single coil fused Ti Clapton above .05. If you try a dual fused Ti it will need several wraps to stay above .05. I’m thinking it will be too hot to vape though. Good luck.

1 Like

I’m looking slightly beyond the fused side of things.

Besides I have 22, 26 and the 29 titanium that I’m working with so the ohms isn’t really the issue, what I’m trying to achieve is multiple Ti wires in the coil but spaced away from each other to avoid any possible hot spotting etc from touching wires.

The Alien TC build I made came out great and then followed by Ti and Nm80 builds I’ve been seeing on Instagram opens up a lot more possibilities.

I’ve been practicing SFC wrapping using the loop technique rather than extra wire and unwinding which has been going well.

So my initial thoughts were to try SFC Ti builds. Spaced away with Nm80 so the Ti doesn’t touch.

The biggest trouble I have right now is time.

Between family, work, Recipes and my Darts nights I’m not getting much time other than snatching 30mins here and there after the Mrs has gone to bed to play around with wire.

CMJ

Last nights build.

I figured I would change up my RDA and go for something I don’t use very often.

Here’s some sexy pics for my Family here at ELR.

do you even colour bro!

Fuck yeah I do lol.

8 Likes

Wow. What a piece of art!

2 Likes

Cheers buddy.

I’m pretty happy with how these pics turned out.

I’m shooting them in a new location in my house and lighting is much better.

CMJ

2 Likes

4 Likes

My latest creation. 22g Ti, 4.5 wraps, 6mm ID @ .23 ohms in Triforce Stock Coil Head…

4 Likes

did you find wetting the cotton helps?

It made it very easy shape and insert. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

Here’s a little something I made on Saturday evening.

It’s using 24gKa1 wrapped in 34gNm80 half staggered with 24gNm80 staggered with 34gNm80 paralleled with 2xTwisted 26gNm80 5/4 wrap on a 3mm.

CMJ

4 Likes

That looks good @Jondamon! You really honed your skillz. It shows a lot of creativity.

This one I did a few months ago is similar except I fused the twisted parallel in with fused Clapton.

I must admit the one you made looks much better. Good job CMJ.

2 Likes