Coils when taste testing

Yeah, they should be good. I’m using tri core, 5 wraps, that come out to 0.10ohms per pair. I assume that those are 0.26 each that would be 0.13 paired … :ok_hand:

6 Likes

In the basket they go… cheers @Rocky02852 :ok_hand:

5 Likes

I actually like the look of that quad core and they have it by the roll, (not that I need more) :rofl: but 20 feet makes a shyt load of coils for 10 bucks…

4 Likes

Knock yourself out :rofl: i’m just dipping my toes here. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

3 Likes

@Rocky02852 @Jo_76 I’m a bit like Jo, Rocky. I was just dipping my toes as well, but I am also grateful for your help mate. But I am going to look at doing the same as you Rocky and get a few more tanks and coils for testing. Thanks again mate

5 Likes

I used wotofo before didn’t much care care nichrome wire. I prefer ss316l and kanthal. All my fused claptons are ss316l i use 30g inner and 38g outer wrap. You will find building them yourself you get more wire for your buck. Or you can go basic and just run single wire at 22g or 24g. All i use is steamcrave aromamizer supreme v3 with the mesh deck on my squonks. My mesh is kanthal running at .25 ohms

3 Likes

I played with the rebirth rta but found it a leaker. Once the cotton gets wet it leaks out the vents. I bought my partner two of them and sold them and bought the geek vape zuest rta with mesh decks

3 Likes

Good catch, I too have the rta around here somewhere collecting dust, I meant to say the Rebirth rda :crazy_face:
The only rta I currently use is for my ADV and it’s the Voltrove 30 V2 :star_struck:

2 Likes

Their stuff is pretty convenient. 4x28ga cores will handle a lot of wattage. One thing I’ve noticed about their coils is, they flat out lie sometimes about the specs of their clapton wraps. They’ll label it as 36ga for the clapton wrap (sometimes) and actually use 34. It got more obvious to me after I started making my own coils from scratch.

They make alien coils as well. I got some labeled 3x26/36ga and the outer wrap is larger. It’s also all gapped out so they can save wire. Thinner gauges cost more per foot here so they’re saving money that way too. 34ga covers more ground than 36 or 38 per revolution. It’s probably not always this way, but I noticed the wrong specs on a few types.

Not trying to sound like an elitist but bottom line, the best coils are made by hand out of the best wire available. Most people don’t want the hassle of doing it though. Add on the prices people expect for handmade coils, most will turn to Chinese wires. It can be fine to even pretty good. It’s not truly great though in quality or performance. Again, that’s usually. I’m guessing some people can’t tell the difference which is a possibility too.

Check out Coilology. They’re stuff is usually decent.

4 Likes

@Rocky02852 @Jo_76 What my wife has done is wash the tanks and coils with a product called Milton, which come in both tablet and liquid which is a PH neutral solution. This is used primarily for baby bottles and dummies etc which work amazingly good.
All we had to do is drop the tank, drip tip and coils in at the same time and within honestly a matter of seconds you can see fragments and juice floating around in the mix. Worked very very good.

6 Likes

At least they’re quad as advertised. I’m afraid I’m one of those people who don’t want the hassle of making their own coils :upside_down_face: but thanks for the detailed info.

3 Likes