Color Change of Grams Column in Recipes

Three times now I have screwed up a recipe because I end up adding the percent column value instead of the value in the grams column. I have resorted to covering the percent column up with a post-it note so I stay focused on the values in the grams column. If the values in the grams column were in bold text, and had a background color of light blue or something it would make it easier to stay focused on the correct column by making it stand out.

3 Likes

You sound like you have the same condition I do…old fart syndrome :laughing:

Actually I think that’s a great idea. I’m not using weight just yet because my scale got lost in transit. But when mixing by volume I have at times nearly mixed off percent rather than ml. So I’m right there with you.

4 Likes

Is that better? :wink:

8 Likes

Hell yeah!!!

I definitely have old fart syndrome and have mixed to the wrong column a couple times too :cry:

3 Likes

A true man of action!

3 Likes

Good work guys… much better.

2 Likes

That’s why I write down all my weights on a pad and take that to my mixing station.
well that and my pc is in the other room and I get aggravated when my phone screen goes to sleep while im mixing :wink:

2 Likes

Glad to hear it isn’t just me…When making multiple recipes, which is what I like to do because the prep and clean-up isn’t my favorite part of DIY, I print the recipes and either highlight the gram column or black out the volume column. I think that the issue is that when I first started mixing I was using syringes/ml’s, that didn’t last long :sunglasses:

2 Likes

[quote=“CAGE_RATTLER, post:7, topic:36138”]…I get aggravated when my phone screen goes to sleep while im mixing :wink:
[/quote]

I have my screen set to turn off after 10 minutes when mixing.

[quote=“daath, post:3, topic:36138”]
Is that better? :wink:[/quote]

Yes much better. But now that I see it, and hearing the other suggestions here, would it be a monumental task to add a check box to hide everything but the flavor and the grams column? Thanks daath. You rock man.

Edit: I just mixed a recipe and that makes things much easier to stay focused on the correct column. Love it.

2 Likes

Best question and response ever (the grams column is bolded now). @daath could you speed up your replies any? Haha, man do you ever sleep?

1 Like

Sorry not to respond in a timely manner ;D

Sleep? I remember that …vaguely :smiley:

2 Likes

This is a good idea thank you daath and LordVapor for this.

2 Likes

You better quit being so quick to change stuff. You’re gonna spoil us all and then we’ll all get whiny when you don’t get our latest list of to-dos done yesterday. :stuck_out_tongue: Kidding. Thanks again for being awesome.

3 Likes

Wow now i feel all spoiled. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have been to a lot of forums. daath you are the best admin I have seen on any of them. And I think your willingness to listen to ideas is amazing. That being said, can you add a feature to the site to cook dinner for me? That shouldn’t be too difficult right? :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks man :smiley: I already have “Cook me dinner” on my todo-list …it’s harder than I originally thought ;D hehehe

3 Likes

I just tried “what can I make” and it worked too. Man, happy days here at ELR!

4 Likes

follow up: A little over a month later and the column thing doesn’t bother me anymore…since the only real volume changes for me are in regards to the VG/PG (&nic) as the flavorings I have set to weigh 1ml = 1gr (for all) …as long as you are consistent with the measures the recipes retain their integrity.

You don’t need to set that - it defaults to 1 g/ml :smile:

2 Likes

Lars what about the option to set for mfg specific gravity? I thought I read somewhere that there are some that are entered with sg and then the ones that aren’t would default to 1:1. Is that the case or did I get confused?

1 Like