Combining Salts and Freebase

Are there any problems combining Salts and Freebase? I have some 100mg 100% VG Salts and some 100mg 100% PG Freebase that I’d like to combine.

5 Likes

Nope: no problems whatsoever.

I use them interchangeably, as do many others.

1 Like

I dont think so …I would probably mix a small amount first and see if you like the results

5 Likes

No problem - you just need to sort out the ratios to suit your style. MTL for me is usually 12 mg salts which can a be a bit smooth for some mixes so If needed I will go 6% salt with 6% Freebase.

4 Likes

Yeah it actually opens up the ability to match nicotine to the flavour you’re mixing I think, while allowing you to keep a decent amount of nicotine in the mix.

For super smooth/creamy say, instead of dropping freebase to 3mg/mL and leaving it at that, adding 3-12mg salt as well keeps the mix smoother while giving more flexibility in nicotine levels.

I love it :heart:

2 Likes

That’s what I love about DIY - you can tailor your individual taste to perfection

4 Likes

Bad, bad, bad. I just checked with the gooberment and worm like things will start crawling out of your skull, your eyeballs will bug out and land on your cheeks, and you’ll have a massive heart attack right after blood sprays from every orifice in your body.

7 Likes

That may be true, but you still get a great hit! :+1:

4 Likes

The logical question of course: if you want smooth, then just use salts - why freebase too?

The answer is that both have their benefits, both have different throat/lung feel and both absorb at different speeds, so having the ability to work on a dual sliding combination thing is always better than only one or the other.

1 Like

I have but simply to use up the salts that I have as I prefer freebase.
It tasted fine and I’ve still got both eyes and haven’t grown another limb.

3 Likes

I like mixing both.

Feels like I’m covering all bases :smirk:

1 Like

well, that explains a lot :grin:

4 Likes

Good to see you @mstokens. You’re totally fine to mix as you see fit, and can even mix at the same rate(s) with no need to convert.

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies guys. I traded a couple of mods for some salts and it turned out to be VG so I’m trying to get the viscosity to something more manageable for me :pleading_face:

5 Likes

You can thin it down with PG without having to use much.

Like, 10% will get it significantly more liquified while still leaving the base at 90mg/mL.

2 Likes

Very wise. I’m not anti-VG by any means, and love my 70/30 mixes, BUT, VG NIC can be hard to work with, keep mixed, prevent hotspots, etc.

3 Likes