Constructive Criticism

I am having a heck of a time coping some one else’s work and finding a dam that’s good all day vape for me I am terrible at keeping notes .and even worst at saying what I mean so construtive criticism is out of my grasp so Help is a better word for me to use. Ken the custard man I am vaping one of you recipes I did sub v2 for v1 and after week not what I was hoping for now day 13 just keeping it in dark cool place no heat no shaking it starting to flower now I did mix up 120 mils do I let it sit more ?any one if it was just a little sweater or will it keep getting smother and sweater as time passes 43 watts double Clapton. 3 build mutation RTA Help it is so close

Ken the Custard Man , is this @Ken_O_Where ?I can see where that should be his title!:smile: IMO you still need to give it some time.I have found the only way I can use Cap V2 is with a long steep of at least 30 days and 60 days is better still.
I can never get a custard that is as good as when using Cap V1 but some love V2.

3 Likes

thank you i will put it in the dungeon and give it some more time yep @Ken_O_Where is correct i have been having a heck of a time ever since a DIY friend moved out of town i called him mike the juice master and a few others as well . i would play around with different flavors and he would add a few drops of flavor presto it was pretty good but when all else failed get me 120 mil of lemon 2 and i was a happy camper it called for v2 plus 17 others flavors after being sworn to keep it to my self he gave me the recipe and i can not still get it wright. going to try again this week end. i try to always keep that in mind trying posted recipes .i have one i know what its suppose to be like and i can not even get it in the ball park .my hat is off to the people that can work on a recipe for months and end up with something great .

2 Likes

To me any constructive criticism is more valuable than high praise.
Without it then we will never move forward.
What I do loathe is criticism that has no foundation, rhyme or reason!

2 Likes

What did you mix, bud? V2, from what i hear, requires longer curing times and most go a max of 5-6%.

EDIT TO ADD: I am always available for questions @lost_in_vape, just shoot me a message and ill get back to you as soon as possible. Or pop into chat. :slight_smile:

1 Like

JoJo

I’ve only posted one recipe but if I were as active and creative as you guys are, I’d love to hear all comments, good bad and ugly. Otherwise, I wouldn’t know where to go with it. It’d be like walking around all day with a booger in your nose and nobody telling you about it.

3 Likes

Sugar Cookie, i cant believe that i never considered using it in mine! There are several flavors that i havent used so i cant really comment but Naner Puddin is yum.

1 Like

I would like to know if someone tried a recipe and criticism good or bad. This varies so much from person to person though. I mean, I wouldn’t even post a recipe unless someone I gave it too had already said they liked it. At that point I would love to hear what others thought, because ultimately I know someone (or myself) liked it.

I tend to not rate low, except on a few that were either VERY not good, or were tasteless. But even then I struggle with it and may go back and change it.

1 Like

I would just like to say that as you used a different flavoring the rating on the recipe isnt really fair as it isnt the same recipe. Some people love V2 and some people hate it. Strawnana Custard already has butyric acid in it from the Strawberry Ripe (TFA), adding more by using Vanilla Custard V2 (CAP) is just going to bring out the taste and smell of BTA more, a smell/taste that i find truly aweful.

Im not complaining about the rating, if you had mixed it the way it is posted and didnt like it that is fine as not everyone like the same thing. But rating a recipe poorly when using substitutions seems a bit unfair as doing so can completely alter the recipe. For this you use the adapt function, create your own recipe with it and then rate it.

Have a good one and happy vaping.

End of constructive criticism.

10 Likes

Wow , one star rating with no comment is a little harsh to say the least. :rage:

1 Like

Wow I have done it again upset some one of by mistake I was removing the recipe from my favorites and trying to remove all the stars or delete my input totally so if some one from the form could please do that for me I was trying to do I was not trying to leave any feedback fact

2 Likes

It will never happen again please so I do not make another mistake delete my account wrong tag @JoJo

Yikes, my apologies and sorry for my assumption. There is a small minus sign in grey in between the favorites and ratings, hitting it removes the rating. I bet you are on a cellphone, eh? I suffer from sausage fingers so the whole thing is a bit hard to use from a mobile device.

I wasnt upset i just wanted to point out what one does when they alter a recipe. Okay, maybe 4% upset, hehe. As i said before i am always available for questions should you have any.

3 Likes

Ken it was me who was wrong you are wright I do use my phone and did not know about the gray button that is no reason to be mean sorry what can I do to make it wright

2 Likes

There is nothing to make right, mistakes happen all the time i know i make a LOT of them, hehe. If you want to remove the rating thats fine, if not its really no big deal.

The rating system buttons and their location by the favorites and remove rating is very difficult to use on small screens. Perfectly understandable.

2 Likes

That is what makes this forum wunderbar!

2 Likes

Now that I am using drippers, every recipe experiment I mixed that I didn’t really like in a tank tastes great in the dripper. It’s like the world changed. I’m kind of overwhelmed with the fact Capella Blackberry is actually delicious in a dripper. I want to drip while I’m driving but I know I cant so I sadly leave the dripper on the counter on the way to the car.

…The one thing I figured out too…I am now making tank versus drip recipes.

Not to muddy the waters but making a statement in a recipe like “increase the lemon by 1% for a tank liquid” might be kind of useful… just saying.

I know this sounds like a nightmare but what about 2 ratings:

Tank::heart::heart::heart:

Dripper::heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

Loving my new RTA. It’s like the best of both worlds! A self filling dripper.

I’m afraid I would have a leaking mess on my hands. I’ve been watching guys build on those on youtube and it seems like you have to have the “perfect” amount of cotton in there?

I’m still new at it but I’ve found the Griffin 25 RTA very easy to build on and wick. No leaks so far and it wicks great.

1 Like