Constructive Criticism

If you try something out, I think you should give an honest comment. Since taste is subjective, I just say “Not for me” or “Not my preference”.
If it says one thing and it’s another, yes give specific information. I’d hope everyone gives honest opinions so that we can believe what we read and use the information; otherwise, it is useless.

2 Likes

RTA’s can be a challenge. This week went back to one that I had given up on. Flavor was lacking to me. Kept the same coils in it…dry fired it…rewicked it. Tried something a little different on the wicking. It was like Ooo man now I understand why everyone raved about this tank. For me I still prefer a rda but for driving and work need a tank.

2 Likes

Yes they can be. Ive been an RDA guy since i began but recently someone gifted me some nice RTAs and i won a Griffin from @Heaven_Gifts. It took me a bit to get the wicking down but now… Now i have a bunch of RDAs that i only use for testing.

1 Like

RTA’s have improved by leaps and bounds.The griffin is excellent. One is in my pocket right now. Love to be able to close juice controls and know it will not leak. For me there is something about sitting at home dripping. Just enjoy it. This week built my first fused Clapton coils on a dripper. Coil building is addictive to.

3 Likes

I imagine ill go back to my drippers eventually. Right now im in like with these tanks, hehe. The wife wont even try one, she loves her RDAs. I have an Aromamizer too, great atty, sooo easy to wick.

1 Like

I finally made one of your custard recipes this week Ken. When I was putting away flavors realized that I had used cap v2 instead of v1. Was so upset with myself.

1 Like

Well dern, hehe. Who knows, it might be really good. Tho if it was Strawnana and you mixed V2 @ 10% i wouldnt have high hopes for it. I hear that most people dont go higher than 5-6% with it.

You guessed it. Was the strawnanna. I did label it “wrong custard”… Ok will move it to the back and make again…note to self use black marker and write v1 and v2 on bottles. Or I could just throw away v2 lol.

2 Likes

Have a aromamizer also along with a billow v2 . For a long time used the kanger subtank mini with the rebuild deck. Came with a v1 deck…destroyed that thing. Got a v2 deck much better. Last weekend got a RTA at a local vape shop. Wasn’t planning on buying this thing didn’t realize what it was until the next day. Got a bft tank. What a night mare. Took me a week to get a good build and wick to not leak. Mike vapes reviewed it. Got some tips on coil size and wicking. It’s just a monster. Filling is a problem. Go watch Mike ( what’s up peps) bft review .

2 Likes

Maureeenie, I think you’re on to something significant here… I’ve made several recipes that lacked flavor in my KFL so I’m thinking the creator was using a dripper or at least lung-hitting something like a Goblin.

Instead of two ratings, what about a fill-in-the-blank mini form?
Atty: _______
Ohms: _____
Watts: _____

Or, if the poster would describe their gear and style of vaping it would help a lot.

3 Likes

I like feedback on my juices. I don’t really care about stars or winning a popularity contest. Everyone uses different gear, coils, and wicking. I love florals but some people can’t stand them. I like the feedback in any event. I recently gave one of my absolute favorites, well steeped, to a person that had to change their cotton to get rid of the taste.

I feel bad about making work for someone, but now i’ve got a read on what he doesn’t like, so if I send him juice again it won’t have that profile. That’s what’s good about the feedback for me. If he rates it a one star, it won’t bother me, but I’m sure happy to know why.

I like any variety of comments. The stars are irrelevant to me whether trying a mix or getting a rating. It’s the comment that holds the value.

1 Like

Thank you so much and everyone for speaking up! I do want to try one!

2 Likes

Hey what’s not to like :wink:

As we have all heard since we started vaping “taste is subjective” I think most of us are beyond that when it comes to the recipes we created. if someone has an idea on how to make it better or made it slightly differently due to not having a certain flavor or having tried it and think it can better fit them with some changes then more power to them. And please let me know what you did, then I have the option of trying it that way or not. We are after all on the quest for the perfect flavor for our ADV’s

2 Likes

After perfecting my hardware setup …maybe “maximizing” is a better word …everything tastes amplified. Smok TF-RDTA with dual Ti coils at 0.1 ohms rayon wicking on a Cuboid TC 150. What you vape your juice in makes a massive difference. With all the possible combinations of tanks and mods that throws a huge wrench into rating consistency.

The Stars help people find a reliable juice they can make without disappointment from what they have on hand or plan to buy. Steep times make fine tuning a juice a very lengthy process, and this is what makes most Newbies drop out of the DIY scene. Waiting a month for something that sucks is like …marriage :wink:

So always remember why we need stars. They are locators for Newbs …targets for successful adoption of DIY Juice making. Constructive criticism may be the most valuable communication, but it being linked to stars should not be an automatic. The JuiceMaker needs one thing and the JuiceApprentice needs another.

The socially sophisticated end of any communication should be needs being a focus. Oh-clickers-of-stars …Oh-writers-of-Critique? Are you moving this bitch forward?

5 Likes

The JuiceMaker needs one thing
But are we really ever JuiceMakers by your standards Or is the true juice maker and ever growing JuiceApprentice? So don’t we all need to be open to learn and grow past what we are now to be a true success? I would say the JuiceApprentice that is successful more time than not and is still willing to learn is the true master.

3 Likes

90% of the time I adapt recipes to my liking. I won’t comment or rate them because I’ve seen that people get kinda touchy about changes to their creations. I get it. If I follow a recipe to the T and I like it, I will comment and rate it. I personally don’t care if folks comment on my stuff or not. I don’t think I have “the chops” for mixing original stuff with the exception of one or two here and there - and those aren’t head turners. With that said, if someone RESPECTFULLY makes a suggestion, I will listen and give it a shot. I realize respect can be subjective, but I’m old school and believe if you can’t say anything nice…
I never liked the term “constructive criticism” the word criticism triggers an immediate negative context and a feeling of superiority to me. I prefer “suggestion”. But that’s just me. I’m nuts and nothing I say should be taken seriously :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Comments are there for people to… well… comment.
Ratings… I dont care for stars…

The type of comment people leave is out of our control, if its a really nasty comment im sure the recipe creator will let a mod know and maybe it would be removed, if its a thanks then good job, if its a constructive comment like "I lowered the flavor percentage and it has a better taste for me or i added this flavor and it tastes like X " then thats great it gives the original recipe maker something to try and maybe it makes the recipe even better or appeals to another person.

Its all good imo and no-one should take what others say personally or feel disheartened by someone not liking their recipe, after all we make recipes for us first.

For every dislike there are 10 likes, enjoy what you do, have fun with it and share if you may.

Happy Vaping!

6 Likes

I’m fairly new at mixing and haven’t posted any recipes but when I do id really love to hear the truth about my recipe. That way I can improve and learn from people with more experience than me.
I’ve been here long enough to notice that there are some really awesome people here! I’d be happy to hear “constructive critiques” from all of you when I finally do post something.

3 Likes

I dont know if it’s because the juice is free, or folks are just being polite, but, ALOT of people like my efforts. I’ve been mixing for a little over a year now, have learned a Great deal, and have a long way to go. After dozens of recipes (some pretty good) I posted a recipe that is popular with friends & family. In the notes I asked if anyone tried it, to please give me their opinions…good or bad. I was curious as to people’s thoughts. Right, wrong, or indifferent, most of my recipes are in the 16% - 22% total flavoring range. They suite my tastes, and several people who, like most of us, have spent a Great deal of money on lesser quality juice. This recipe was viewed 174 times and had (1) comment. Unfortunately, the comment was sarcastic and rude! They told me, and I quote, " why would you be so stupid to waste flavors to make a 100ml batch of juice at 21% ". The recipe was tweaked probably 8 - 10 times to get to the end result. I know this experience DOES NOT reflect the majority of most of the ELR group! This is a Great site, and I really enjoy it. I took it down and haven’t posted any other recipes since. But, as taste is subjective , so are people’s opinions. I’ve never tried another recipe, mine are original. I’ve seen MANY that look amazing, just not taken the time to try one. If or when I do, if I like it, I will praise it and it’s owner, and if I don’t like it, I’ll keep my opinion to My self.

3 Likes