Coronavirus

Yeah, fuck politics, lets get on with some conspiracy theories :grin:

5 Likes

Bat soup anyone?

3 Likes

edited can’t find app

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/03/24/covid-19-texas-official-suggests-elderly-willing-die-economy/2905990001/

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/24/820711855/spanish-military-finds-dead-bodies-and-seniors-completely-abandoned-in-care-home

A post was merged into an existing topic: Land of Misfit Posts :upside_down_face:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Land of Misfit Posts :upside_down_face:

The news here in Spain is that the USA is the third most affected country, after China and Italy. What is true in that? How is it developing?

1 Like

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

And why is it called Covid-19 and not Covid-20? Already known in 2019? I’m a bad thinker, but it doesn’t smell good …

1 Like

US CDC: In COVID-19, ‘CO’ stands for ‘corona,’ ‘VI’ for ‘virus,’ and ‘D’ for disease. Formerly, this disease was referred to as “2019 novel coronavirus” or “2019-nCoV”.

3 Likes

This story really saddened my heart today. I understand the fear some health care workers have at this time but this…the vunerable left to fend for themselves? How very sad. :crying_cat_face:

3 Likes

39115475_1738085489641329_4329220566423699456_n

5 Likes

Please Watch NY Governor Cuomo Plea!

Full Press Conference

Skip to 5 minute mark.

4 Likes

Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) Long Term Toxicity Concerns:

Chloroquine (CQ) is used to prevent and treat malaria and amebiasis, while hydroxychloroquine (HCQ), a less toxic metabolite of chloroquine, is used to treat rheumatic diseases such as systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), rheumatoid arthritis (RA), juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) and Sjogren’s syndrome. Both medications can cause corneal deposits, posterior subcapsular lens opacity, ciliary body dysfunction, and most important, irregularity in the macular pigmentation in the early phase, a ring of macular pigment dropout in the advanced stage, and peripheral bone spicule formation, vascular attenuation, and optic disc pallor in the end-stage. Ocular symptoms of retinopathy include blurred and partial loss of central vision, side vision and in the later stage, night vision. Symptoms of corneal deposits include haloes and glare. … HCQ has a long half-life (about one month) and takes about half a year to achieve full elimination from the body; this is significant when managing minor side effects such as itching and corneal deposits and major ones such as retinal toxicity and explains continued maculopathy even after discontinuation of the medication. … the most important predictor of toxicity was the duration of use (cumulative dose) … One reaches a cumulative dose of 1000 grams (1 kilogram) at 7 years when taking the most commonly prescribed dose of 400 mg a day.

… study … focused on those patients that had taken HCQ over 5 years. This study revealed a much higher overall risk of 7.5% retinal toxicity among the 2361 patients studied. A daily dose over 5 mg/kg body weight increased the odds 5.7 times and taking HCQ over 10 years increased the odds by 3.2 times of developing retinopathy. As long as patients received a dose of less than 5 mg/kg for less than 10 years, the incidence was still relatively low at 2%. However, this risk went up to 20% for those patients who had taken HCQ over 20 years. For those patients without retinopathy after 20 years of usage, the risk of developing toxicity in each subsequent year is around 4%. … A report in 2015 described that pericentral maculopathy without the classic parafoveal (Bull’s eye) retinopathy is common in Asian (50%) compared to Caucasian (2%) patients. … Common, nonocular, side effects of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine include pruritus, headaches, dizziness, and gastrointestinal upset. Less frequent side effects include discoloration of the oral cavity, nails, skin and hair and rash. HCQ myopathy is uncommon and presents with proximal muscle weakness and rarely ventilatory failure. …

For rheumatic diseases, the most common dose is 400 mg per day. In 2016, the previous guideline to keep the daily dose of HCQ under 6.5 mg/kilogram of ideal bodyweight was adjusted to 5 mg/kilogram of the actual body weight to keep the risk of retinopathy within acceptable levels. … evidence of toxicity should result in the drug’s discontinuation in consultation with the prescribing physician. Because of the long half-life of both drugs, retinopathy can continue for over 6 months, and studies have shown ongoing changes for up to 20 years after cessation of the drugs.

4 Likes

And ? Your copy and paste is useless to me, might help someone else, but all medications are toxic, dependent on many things.

2 Likes

Actually, post was for the benefit of readers (and it seems, potential recipients) who it might concern.

5 Likes

So happy to have a successful shopping trip today! Got one of the last 12 packs of TP (was down to last roll at home!). The last 10 pound bag of sugar was on sale and tucked under the wrong shelf. Same for last two packages of Pasta …back of bottom shelf. It was like being Nickolas Cage looking for the National Treasure. Limits of two for eggs, beef and chicken, but there seemed to be a huge overstock of Corned Beef Brisket which was cheaper than cheapest hamburger. I guess there was reduced enthusiasm this St. Patty’s. Went on Amazon this AM… 6.99 USD for one roll of China TP (well it was free shipping). Uh, No.

Maybe 10 people in the store. Increase in apparently green new cashiers and stock people? Wha happened to old familiar peeps (that’d been there for years)? Any way I’m pretty set til May something …went to the Wine/beer shop too to pick up some necessities. They were being friendly and we humorously transacted without cross-touching bags/bottles/payment. The Dance of the Paranoids~! :mask:

5 Likes

I got 2 of those… but decided to go with sweet and sour chicken tonight with rice and eggrolls… all 3 sat in the pizza section of the freezer last week… the corned beef was in the cheese area and was almost frozen solid… will do them this weekend on the grill… fun shopping times, eh?? :stuck_out_tongue:

ut oh… not sure… but I am not sure in my area either… havent done much to get out in the last few days…

I took the abc route and cleaning out all of the mini bottles lmao… Im good for a year :stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like a fun trip @BoDarc and will give me something to look forward to later :wink: weee!!
Cross touching!! :o :crazy_face:

3 Likes

After watching this video I feel bad about how I’ve acted lately… This is getting and going to be real bad and what has been mentioned here will mean nothing in a few short weeks. I’m offering a sincere apology for my antics and I realize advice given to me, unity and support is what’s best right now.

9 Likes