Cotton and wicking

Want a sample? Pm me your address, I’ll throw one in the mail.

3 Likes

Thanks for the offer but I did push that order through Amazon and it will get here tomorrow. I only seen a couple people that didn’t like the product, most seemed to prefer it over the pads they were using so I felt it was a safe bet. I want to say I had gotten a little of something simular (nice fluffy cotton) in one of the tanks I had purchased at one time and had wished then the stuff I used was better (which isn’t really a proper statement, what I have been using is okay).

2 Likes

I started using ko Gen doh nearly three years ago. After I finished my first box I tried Egyptian cotton,cotton bacon, rayon, and a whole slew of others. I have came full circle back to the ko Gen doh! Why? Number one reason would be consistency wicking. Nothing in vaping is more important than your consistency in wicking. Second no break-in period for the cotton. Take it or leave it that’s my experience.

1 Like

BTW my definition of consistency in wicking is the ability to make the same wick each and every time the first time!

3 Likes

I like bacon on my claptons and builds that get hot and rayon fibers with temp control. I get the best flavor from those 2. I have tried some of the flat cotton but i like loose fibers for the placebo better flavor effect.

3 Likes

I use Puffs Pads

I dont get any taste from it at all. The smallest diameter coils that I run are 3.5mm so I cut about a 1/4" strip then remove the outer layers and loosely roll the strip in to itself. Once I get it in the coil I use tweezers to fluff the ends and trim off any strays.

I’ve tried all of the vaping specific cotton and saw no benefit over the Puffs. I bought the bag over a year ago and still have about half of it. I’ve used it exclusively for the last 8-9 months.

4 Likes

Have you tried doing the SCOTTISH ROLL with this??

Take one outer layer off.

Pull apart until you can almost see through it.

Roll it up like a roll your own cigarette and wick it.

Plenty of YT help vids out there for Scottish roll

:+1: At least then if you have a lot of this stuff you can still use it.

4 Likes

I have been using this for a a while like I stated, I think I am just wanting something with a bit more of a softer fluffy pillow style to try.
If nothing else I can always play it forward.

4 Likes

When you play it backwards does it tell you to sell your soul to Satan? :wink:

7 Likes

In that case I can recommend Cotton Bacon V2.

It’s all I use.

2 Likes

[quote=“Jondamon, post:27, topic:133914”]
Have you tried doing the SCOTTISH ROLL [/quote]

This ^ regardless of the brand

4 Likes

Very much agreed.

1 Like

The square pads work great if you use the Scottish roll method but for a quick wick, I find it “flat” as well. Cotton Bacon V2 works really well and I’ve lately been using the Kendo Gold and although a bit pricey, that’s as fluffy as I’ve found. It works really well in tanks that require a juice well to be covered up. You just have to prime the hell out of it first. Very little break-in period and lasts longer than the cotton square type.

4 Likes

Seconding the Labo Puffs. I got a bag over a year ago and I’m just now through half of it. There’s no “fresh cotton taste” like I would get with other cottons and it just works. I’ve now gotten to the point where I can make the same wick over and over for my builds and I’m certain that 65-70% of that little trick is the consistency of quality in the Puffs.

5 Likes

+1 for the Puffs here. I bought a bag when I first switched to rebuildable (almost two years ago!) and still have a ton left. I think that may be a sign that I don’t change my wick often enough. LOL.

7 Likes

I am also a cotton bacon V2 user and like it a lot.

To clear up the break in thing. I used the V1 before the V2 came out and it did have a break in (funny taste) to it for a short period when new. The V2 was brought out to resolve that issue

@CallMeTut I think you will like it after you figure out the amount to pull off the pad. Takes a little practice but you will get the hang of it.

4 Likes

@JoJo are these what you are talking about ??

4 Likes

ive always wondered what the difference was , i never used the V1 i was just curious ty for clearing that up

2 Likes

Yep. It says I purchased mine on March 16, 2015. I think I have only gone through 1/3 of the bag.

2 Likes

Thanks @JoJo . Because I am testing the @#$^#$%& out of a zillion RF SC’s, I am going through cotton like yesterday’s news and may have to check yours out. These are thick, puffy pads ?? You tear off the outer thin layers ?? Bleached or natural ?

1 Like