Cotton and wicking

Right off the bat let’s say I have cotton for wicking… I just feel that the cotton I am using just isn’t “fluffy” enough if you understand what I’m saying. I currently have been using just feels “flat”, I do remove the outer (very thin) stiffened layers, and then it is even thinner… so my query is, where to get some thicker fluffy stuff (and please don’t point me over to the Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System thread… lol) ?

5 Likes

I personally only use the Pima cotton from eciggity. Normally I have to change the cotton because the coil needs to be cleaned. Vs for other cottons it’s bad and the coil is somewhat clean.

It for some odd reason doesn’t burn as quick compared the the cotton pads you refer to…so when your getting dry you’ll know and stop prior to the full dry burn.

It does take some practice. It expands even so slightly. Not a lot, but Just alittle…so wicking needs to be an art form. But now that I have it dialed in I feel no need to try cotton bacon v2 or native wicks ect.

4 Likes

I had been ONLY using KGD…

And although I had a good run with it, switched up to AtomizerWick …

The later is thicker, and seems to wick better for me.

3 Likes

easy to wick , no little pieces of whatever in it , its fluffy to start with and you can make fluffier , ive tried several and never enjoyed rda / rba etc until i started using this

10 Likes

I’m guessing the BIG thing about cotton bacon, is you control how thick you want, as opposed to a “fixed” sheet ??

3 Likes

I have a sample pack of cotton bacon I haven’t tried yet. Maybe I’ll give it a go next rewick. I normally use the cotton pads.

5 Likes

ya and you dont have to roll it up spread it apart you just pull it off roll up an end to fit thru your coil and good i like to fluff out the ends but once you cut down to size all you really have to do is blow on them and its good , ive also always disliked the pads because they seem to have little pieces of something stuck in the pad lol it just seems to be cleaner the vape seems tastier and ive tried a lot of cottons

4 Likes

the little pouches last forever thats whats left and the bag is three months old so still along way to go

4 Likes

One of the reasons I haven’t tried it yet is I was told there is a longer break-in time as compared to the cotton pads. What do you think?

2 Likes

im not sure the difference between the v1 and v2 but i use v2

1 Like

i personally get a better tasting vape quicker than i did with pads , keep in mind ive just recently in the last 3 months really started using rda type devices and switched to rbas in my tanks from stock coils because the cotton bacon worked out so well , if it does it cant be a huge difference, i tried rda types for a long time and hated it because of the wicking but its so simple now

Note : it does seems to last longer so im not having to change cotton as much it burns better if that makes sense ime

3 Likes

I’ll give this thread a little bit more time, sounds like the cotton bacon v2 might be what will satisfy me feeling of not being fluffy enough (I’m not really having problems but think I could be doing better)… any pro’s or con’s on this image being a good price?

6 Likes

For two bags that’s about normal price for Cotton Bacon.

4 Likes

ya thats standard i pay 5.99 plus shipping for one bag

4 Likes

Okay… thx all and especially @fidalgo_vapes (ya see I do still read your posts lol)… with Amazon Prime the shipping is free and will be here on Saturday… again thanks for the replies and suggestions.

5 Likes

No problem i hope it works for you , its made a huge difference for me good luck :wink:

2 Likes

thx… I may be hitting you up for tips on using it if needed… for @mrneph2 the reviews I’ve read said there is little to no break in period for the V2 Cotton Bacon as there is when using pads.

5 Likes

I like cotton bacon v2, too. I think the break in time is quite a bit shorter than ojc sheets for sure. Every ojc that I’ve tried tastes like hay for like 10ml of juice. (that might be a slight exaggeration) But I literally just rewicked my tank few minutes ago and (after a bit of chain-vaping) I don’t taste any cotton anymore with the cotton bacon. I just got more from kidney puncher for $5 and change.

6 Likes

nods, I just re-wicked one of my tanks and have to go through the ol’ break in period again with it… and it takes awhile since I switch up between 3 or 4 different tanks,. One of the other reasons I wanted to ask about this thread.

5 Likes

thats fine , if i can help i will btw i just got the reading post thing lol ( brain fart) , it is so simple to use but if you need ask away , let me know what you think after using it for awhile

4 Likes