Coval Strawberry Custard

What’s up vapefam!

SirRisc here with another juicy review!
Todays menu is a brand I’ve been hearing a lot of hype about and seeing as I’m becoming an expert on strawberry custard juices (though a self-named one at that), I thought I’d give them a go.
Coval Strawberry Custard is the name, and clouds are the game.

Premise.

http://i.imgur.com/9jw31UB.jpg

Ever since Cloudhousevapor started stocking Coval in Europe I’ve been hearing nothing but praise for this brand.
And usually I don’t buy into hype because usually it boils down to being a dissapointment.
However I had some credit left on the coupon I had won in a photocontest on /r/ecr_eu, I decided to try the Strawberry Custard, since I have been vaping my own Strawberry Custard recipe for a while now.
A couple of days later the bottle arrived and I went on to finding out if the hype was justified…

The review.

http://i.imgur.com/yG85rhM.jpg

Coval Strawberry Custard

Description on the website:

A decadent custard infused with strawberries at 90% VG. This flavor is from our Cloud Series and has a 10% PG and 90% VG base.

My review:

Scent: A heavy custard, almost no strawberry

Color: Dark amber

Taste: Seeing as I have been vaping my DIY strawberry custard for months now and have been trying several vendor strawberry custards, I know how this should taste.
Going by the scent of the juice I knew this wasn’t going to be on par, the smell was a heavy dark custard, with a overly sweet strawberry pushing through.
Unfortunately the flavor is about the same, a very dark and heavy custard comes through on the inhale, as well as the exhale.
The strawberries seem to serve as a sweetener and taste more like a candy strawberry. Soft and delicate though, which was rather surprising.
The custard notes I get from this are earthy, dark and it lingers for a short time on the tongue without being creamy.
In my opinion a good custard should be at least a little bit creamier and softer than this, but it’s not a bad vape in itself.
And being 90VG this does cloud up a room in only two puffs, the juice is thick and really isn’t suited for a tank.
Even in my RTAs I struggled with dry hits every now and then, but for drippers this will be a joy to use.

• Flavor: 6/10
  • Vapor: 10/10

http://i.imgur.com/2NjS0B5.jpg

In conclusion.

I’m not sure if it’s me or the juice but I can’t seem to get used to the flavor from this.
It tastes too dark and earthy for me and I’ve been told that this is the way American custards usually taste but I much prefer my DIY strawberry custard, or the Pink Custard from LiquidVoyage.eu.
Don’t worry, I still love you Americans all the same!
In terms of clouds this is a joy though, I’ve received several complaints from my wife that the room was too cloudy and I only took a few puffs.
I guess I’ll be vaping this when I’m home alone… :wink:

In closing I would like to thank AmaterasuHS for organising the photo contest on /r/ecr_eu and Nathan from CloudHouseVapor for the coupon!
Thank you all for reading and do stick around as I have a lot more reviews coming!

I’m always looking for more opportunities to review, so get in touch if you want me to review something from you!
I can be reached on via DM on Instagram, via DM on Reddit, or via DM on ELR.
Juice, RTA, RDA, mods… it’s all welcome and I’m sure we can work something out!

#staycloudy !

SirRisc disappears in a cloud of strawberry custard vapor

3 Likes

Lovely review as always and I appreciate that your honest. I’m not saying you knocked on it thou.

Now I am very curious of Your strawberry custard and what a European considers to be their " go to custard " any chance you have it public :smirk:

I’m betting more fresh cream and FA custard and less of an eggy vanilla ( American) version.

1 Like

I think European custard are generally lighter, and somewhat sweeter in their own regard.
Which is a bit odd as US made juice, mostly so in fruit mixes, tends to be a lot sweeter than European made juice.
There’s some egginess to this one indeed, which is very different from what I’m used to.

My strawberry custard is a fairly basic one: CAP Vanilla Custard V1, TPA Strawberry Ripe, TPA French Vanilla, and a few accents. It’s not set public because I use it as a base for a couple of my other recipes. :wink:

With all this said, it’s still a nice vape and I wouldn’t advise against it if people want to try it. It just wasn’t my best :wink:

1 Like

Looking to buy a strawberry custard… Any suggestions for a real strawberry less eggy sweet sweet custard?

I’m not as well informed on the US market but for the European market I’d start with Pink Custard by LiquidVoyage
Gabriella by The Chosen Few is technically not a custard but comes very close, and it’s very tasty.
I’ve heard a lot of good about Jax’s custards too, but I have yet to try it myself.

For the US market I’d definitely go with Suicide Bunny Mothers Milk, though technically also not a custard.

That’s totally understandable! Thanks I do like custards maybe will play around with a few French vanillas since that wasn’t standard in most of my e juices. Good thought :blush:

Coval PB cream is very good idk if that was it’s true name may be an Elvis like e juice. If you like PB be warned very thick ,very creamy. That must be there thang with the cream.