COVID-19 Survey -- If you've had it, and don't mind sharing, let us know how you fared

I was talking to the wife today, and she actually had this idea. Because ELR is Worldwide (congratulate yourselves, as you’re part of one of the BIGGEST, Worldwide Vaping Sites, period) site, there are members here from all over the world, which leads to a MUCH more diverse sampling, than a simple poll/survey.

There will be NO pro or con Vaccine conversations here, etc., and I’ll make sure of it.

While chatting on another site, I was surprised to find out that a few of my friends there HAD indeed contracted COVID, which I had originally not known. Obviously, your medical situation is your own, and only YOUR business, UNLESS you don’t mind sharing, which, is up to YOU.

I have very FEW friends/coworkers/clients in all of my circles, who have contracted COVID, and was looking to EXPAND that reach/knowledge, to YOU GUYS/GALS.

If you ARE O.K. with sharing, and if you HAVE contracted COVID, could you provide any details ?? Had you been vaccinated, how long did it last, how are you doing, etc.

I actually trust YOU GUYS/GALS, far more than I trust the media.

Again, this is forum, you should only share, if you WANT TO, just like always.

7 Likes

I had it apprx this time last year …For me ot was like the worst flu ive ever had x 10 . Being a Vapor the worst part was the loss of taste and smell and for some reason it took a very long time to regain those senses . After getting my smell and taste back it changed to where I have had to add Sweetener to liquids that I once didnt have to . I have also had a toug her time this last year with breathing and need to take longer breaks in between Vaping bc my chest seems to hurt after vaping too long . The Chest hurting from vaping must be an after affect of Covid bc it has never been an issue , I can’t and wont blame vaping so it has to be Covids fault …

8 Likes

I appreciate that @fidalgo_vapes, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for.

If you don’t mind, were you vaccinated beforehand ?

3 Likes

Sorry your assumption is wrong. My wife caught it at work as she was an essential worker. She gave it to me. I didn’t see the need to test because she tested positive. BTW she was asymptomatic. I was as sick as a dog.

7 Likes

Thank you @rcleven.

5 Likes

I caught it last February from I presume my neighbor who had a bad case of it we found out later. She thought she had a bad case of the flu but it lasted for around two weeks.
She was in bad shape and couldn’t eat anything I made her.
I was looking in on her at that time and taking care of her Pitbull.
Back then the testing was iffy. Later her doctor said she most likely had it because she had the antibodies on the test he gave her.
She insisted I get the test and it was the same for me.
I felt a little scratchy throat and dry coughing for a few days but that was it. Sense of taste and smell is still a little off though. It comes and goes still to this day, a year and a half later.
Forgot to add, never been vaccinated for COVID nor will I ever be.

6 Likes

I was not Vaccinated …I am not vaccinated now but am getting it bc if I dont I wont be able to attend my kids school events

I am not an anti vaccine person btw , I have been vaccinated with other vaccines . I dont like needles and avoid them as much as possible

5 Likes

Thank you @fidalgo_vapes.

2 Likes

Glad you’re ok @Pastorfuzz, and thanks for taking the time to share your story.

2 Likes

Oops That was bad…Sorry SD i almost deleted this COMPLETE ACCIDENT SMH SO SORRY

2 Likes

Hehe (vape, vape, vape), ummmm, I guess I musta missed it @fidalgo_vapes, (vape, vape, vape), all sorted now ?

:smiley:

2 Likes

Had it this year January, it was like a bad flu but I kept my sense of taste and smell. A pcr test was positive, not sure where I caught it though. Could have been at work, I had to self isolate because I was in the same office with another person who tested positive but didn’t get sick. It all depends on the incubation time, I got sick over 2 weeks after the contact.
I recovered quickly but had a runny nose and a cough for at least 2 months. Funny enough, the cough was worst after I was sick, maybe 3 weeks after I went back to work.
So not a nice experience but probably in the range of what a flu can do.

The crazy thing was the response of the “authorities”. Since I work in a school I was tested and isolated. But my lodger at the time also works in a school and he didn’t have to isolate. Nor did anyone else in my “bubble”. Now my neighbor seems to have it. She’s sick like a dog, she mainly complains about a total lack of energy and doesn’t eat much. We’re both unvaccinated, I’m not an anti vaxxer and have received plenty of vaccines, most of them in the time i was travelling a lot. But I have my reservations for different reaons. I recovered from an infection so I believe I am as well protected as anyone, the sheer mass of information and misinformation is just amazing and I can’t see what’s right or wrong anymore. But that’s not the topic…

6 Likes

Thank you @Bad_Influence.

2 Likes

Your absolutely right. The CDC recommendations has been a moving target here in the States. I was tested at 9 months for antibodies and still had them from my original infection. Was vaxed about at year after recovering to see my grand kids. The recovery from the Moderna shots was as bad as the covid. A booster? Not a chance!

4 Likes

Nope, I haven’t had it that I know of. (Unless it causes hangovers) :man_shrugging:
A long time friend of mine had it and didn’t fare too well, RIP :cry:

5 Likes

I hesitated to reply because I’ll never know if I had it or not. It was end of February 2019 when it just emerged in the states and there were no tests available for me at the time. I and three other family members all traveled together to Florida via air travel. One of us got really sick then her teenage daughter got sick, then me, and then the last person. Some vacation! A doctor friend thought we had a mild case of covid after I described it to her. All I can say is it wasn’t like any other respiratory ailment I’ve had. It was all in the lungs, didn’t lose my sense of taste but completely fatigued, my chest felt like a ton of bricks and a dry cough for the longest time until it finally turned productive. But it dragged on an on and took about 6 weeks before feeling normal again. No muscle aches, chills or fever, but a mild headache. The last person to get sick, a smoker, was sick for much longer than me.

5 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that, Rocky. We lost a co-worker early on in 2019. He left behind his wife and two children. Still can’t believe he’s gone.

4 Likes

@Rocky02852 Sorry to hear about your friend. I’ve lost 6 folks because of COVID and my ex-boss is a long hauler. One of my apartment mates had it, but was completely asymptomatic. The other two of us tested negative (we got tested once a week for a month).

3 Likes

I tested positive Wed August 10 of 2022. I felt a little crummy on Monday but assumed was just normal allergy crummy. Tuesday I woke up feeling a little worse but still though allergies. By about noon that day I was noticing that I felt a measurable degree worse every hour that passed but still didnt think it was covid because it wasnt that bad. Wed morning I woke up feeling like flu times 10 and was struggling to breath without having coughing fits… tested myself and bam, Positive. It felt like the worst flu i could imagine with myalgias all over my body. It felt like every single moving joint in my body was flared up with arthritus. The headache was miserable as well. mix this with cold and heat spells… Then i completely lost my voice. thur, fri felt constant miserable… saturday slightly less miserable. sunday slightly less miserable (worst flu times 8 instead of 10). I would say i felt “sliiiightly” better each day over the course of about 10 days. once i felt halfway normal i still was testing positive. I tested positive 3 weeks later but generally felt back to normal. When i received vaccine and booster i felt miserable for about 3 days with each.

My wife got covid in mid may of this year, was about as bad as a typical flu for one day and for the most part she was back to normal within 4 days. When she recieved vaccine and booster she felt a little tired for a few hours.

3 Likes