COVID Sucks!

I finally caught COVID after staying safe for more than three years. Hit me like a Mack truck. Migraine-comparable headache, hot and cold flashes and just this debilitating weakness. Blood pressure is crazy too. Worst part is I knew I had it the day before any real symptoms because I went to test some of my mixes and they all had basically no flavor. This bites!

Was going to be the two week steep on a lot of them too. One of the most important flavor checks. :disappointed:

Great news is I still have 100% O2 sat, so at least Iā€™m not in any kind of danger and vaping apparently hasnā€™t damaged my lung function. Was really happy then the RN asked how I still had perfectly clear lungs with COVID, haha.

Welp, going to go back to chugging cough syrup and hoping this variant lets me have my taste back sooner than later.

9 Likes

The terrible and long lasting headaches was the worst symptom I experienced too. A bit achy but to be honest Iā€™ve had worst colds.
Speedy recovery.

7 Likes

I tested positive for it 2 years ago. 102Ā° fever only at night, body ached, for 5 days. I guess I was lucky because I just had a hella cold for 3 weeks, lost my taste, cough like no tomorrow, no energy. Feel better!

7 Likes

Godspeed @mr_cumulus.

5 Likes

Be careful and watch the progression. I got it back in 2020 during the original strain. After the two week recovery time I still had a 105 F fever and sick as a dog. Went to emergency room and had double pneumonia in both lungs. Covid was over but they had to drip antibiotics and a follow-up with a pill form.

7 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Iā€™ll be careful.

5 Likes

Day 2 still quite miserable and shaky. I mixed a minty menthol juice since I canā€™t taste much of anything and thatā€™s taking the edge off my upper respiratory symptoms.

5 Likes

I still canā€™t vape the passion fruit mix that was a regular back when I got it 2 years ago, it never tasted the same again.

7 Likes

I recently had testing done by a Pulmonologist. I straight up told them I have been vaping for 6 or 7 years. Heavy, 24/7. From the time I get up till the time I go to bed.
I told the gal testing me, if all the danger hype about vaping over the last few years were true, damage due to my constant vaping habit would surely show up in me. She agreed.
Well, guess what? Resultsā€¦ and I quote the nurse, ā€œYour lungs look perfect.ā€ FTW
So sorry to hear about your covid diagnosis. Speedy recovery. I have avoided covid, so far. Knock on wood. But yeah, anything minty juice should help sooth it. TC

9 Likes

I have a former colleague who also had pneumonia right on top of COVID. Kicked her tush big time.

5 Likes

Well, Iā€™m on the mend, with a weird, weird side effect. I still canā€™t taste or smell almost anything, with the exception of two fruity flavors that about punch me in the face with how strong they are. The first was a guava flavored sparkling water.

The second is strawberry. The bizarre thing is Iā€™m close to strawberry mute if Iā€™m not eating actual fresh strawberries. I can taste strawberry in everything strawberry flavored now. Tried a strawberries and cream Dr Pepper. It normally tastes like mildly fruity cream soda. Now the actual strawberry is front and center. Really strange.

Now I gotta figure out what flavor chemicals Iā€™m still sensitive to so I can make myself some COVID proof juice. Pretty sure one of them is ethyl butyrate. I pulled it out of my perfumery stash and smelled it neat and itā€™s in the guava for sure. Maybe pineapple is a safe bet.

4 Likes

@mr_cumulus congrats. Iā€™d never heard of that side effect.

4 Likes