Creating a Bread/Toast/Biscuit Flavor

I’m letting them steep a week or so before testing. On the knuckle after mixing I got a wheaties taste in the background. I’m thinking maybe if this doesn’t pan out I’ll try the croissant and cereal 27 together and see what I get.

3 Likes

Bless you Deer… I seriously had to back off on this because I was getting sick tasting all the toasted failures I made… when you get it down I’ll try it and hail you as the Toasted Master of all time :smile:

3 Likes

I’m interested in a toast recipe too. Just Jam is my only experience of a commercials liquid.

3 Likes

This one

and this one

and a few in private atm… go with my toast loaded… toast loaded is a buttery thick piece of toast, once steeped at 5-7 days…

3 Likes

@authormichellehughes Both of these taste like a dry slightly burnt toast. Tested with a wasp nano and NI80 Clapton coil 6 wraps at 42 watts.

8 day steep

Lighter toast flavor

Heavier toast flavor

7 Likes

Thanks so much, waiting on cereal 27 to come in LOL

4 Likes

We should collaborate on this. My tasters aren’t quite where they should be, but if the toast flavor is mixed with a butter and jam, it just might do the trick. Maybe a bit of Caps Golden Butter and a hint of Butter cream will do wonders.

4 Likes

I got so sick of toast flavors trying to make one… maybe in a few weeks? lol you do the toast and let me do the easy work hahahah

4 Likes

Added 3 drops of Butter cream and 4 drops of golden butter to each 5 ml sample. I’ll let it sit a few days and try then.

5 Likes

For a toast it might be worth to check Breakfast v2 by Solub. Pretty authentic burnt toast flavor with just a hint of strawberry jam (so it can be hidden when adding other flavors, but it serves well when you want to add your favorite strawberry jam (like ooo).

4 Likes

I do like that Strawberry Jam by One on One. What percentage do you use?

3 Likes

Update. I use it at 1-2%, but i think i could go higher. It’s pretty good; i use it frequently in bakeries and creams (with other SBs since i too have issues with SBs).

3 Likes