Critique my Newby first order?

Hopefully this post isn’t against any forum rules. If so, please delete.

I’ve been studying many hours and have came up with a plan to make my first purchase. If anyone has the time, check out my ideas. Critique or comments most welcome. Thanks to everyone!

Using a Kanger Nano Sub-0hm mod. Mixing 6 or 12 Mg. Nic. Mixing 30/70 PG/VG. Manual stirring for now.

LB-501 scale
Milk Frother?
A few bottles, glass 30Ml, plastic drip tips and one beaker.
Gloves.

VG - 750 Ml
PG - 250 Ml.
Nic. in PG base - 120 Ml of 100Mg/Ml

FLAVORS - I selected these flavors from searching Highly Rated 2 and 3 Flavor recipes. Most of the recipes contain Strawberry, Vanilla and Custard.

Plan to order 30 Ml. each:

CHEESECAKE (GRAHAM CRUST) TPA
STRAWBERRY (RIPE) TPA
STRAWBERRY TPA
VANILLA BEAN ICE CREAM TPA
BANANA CREAM TPA
BAVARIAN CREAM TPA
RY4 DOUBLE TPA
SWEET CREAM TPA
VANILLA SWIRL TPA
COTTON CANDY (10% E.M.) TPA
VANILLA CUSTARD TPA

FRENCH VANILLA CAP.
NEW YORK CHEESECAKE CAP.
VANILLA CUSTARD V1 CAP.

Am I missing anything? See any problems? Comments?

Thank you for reading this!

2 Likes

How many bottles is “a few”? Seems I never buy enough…

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out the minimum to get started. Glass bottles are a bit pricey, and I think you need plastic squeeze bottles for mixing? Not sure of what sizes to get other than 30 Ml for storing recipes.

1 Like

Text book case of red pill syndrome. I recommend at least one hour of forum reading per day and to keep the hands off the “sort by rating” button. It can be a big help sometimes but for a newbie it can give one the wrong idea.
Welcome to the dark side!

9 Likes

Hey, you’re a Bad Influence! (ha ha, kidding, cool name!) I took the red pill years ago. It took me about 40 hours reading on ELR just to get some basics down. Great tip “beware the rating button”, just trying a few 2-3 Flavor recipes and hope I get something tolerable. Yep, I’m jumping in feet first, ready or not. Thanks.

1 Like

The cheap china milk frother I got didn’t have near enough muscle to stir VG
At the minimum you’ll want something stronger like the Norpro hand held mixer or better.

2 Likes

If you plan on diluting your nicotine, I would suggest buying premixed at the strength you intend to dilute it down to because it will work out to be the same cost wise.

And I would suggest buying 1 gallon of vg instead, that thing goes fast, might save you some money that way.

Cool, that asnwered one of my questions. The $9 frother looked tempting, but I’ll check out your recommendation. Thanks!

1 Like

Looks good. The big thing I’d recommend is to go with the 10-15ml sizes for your flavor concentrates on the first go-round. Up them in size when they run out based on how much you like them and how much you’ll really use them.
You may also need a cookie or biscuit type flavor to play with, but even that can wait until you get used to mixing and feel the need. Welcome to the wonderful world of DIY! Don’t let a bad mix get you down! Mistakes are the best lessons :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks Kenbu, that Nic. mix thing has been tough to understand. I’m limited with the brand of Nic. mix I want, only comes in 120 Ml - 100 Mg/Ml.

I’m sure you’re right about the gallon of VG, I need to up my order from 750 Ml of VG, but probably not a whole gallon.

1 Like

You’d be surprised how fast you can go through a gallon, especially when your furst starting and might end up dumping a few mixes. :wink: BUT you’ll most likely be placing another order (or 10) in the near future so you could always get more then.

5 Likes

I don’t know if you’d think this a good idea or not, but I added a couple concentrates that are good as a standalone, in case I royally hosed up my percentages of mixing. Like, red licorice, rainbow drops, stuff like that. That way I knew I could at least have something vapeable no matter how strong the suck was with my own concoctions.

1 Like

Plunderdrum, thanks! I was wondering about getting the smaller Flavor sizes, but I’m unsure how much of a bottle would go in 30 Ml recipes. For example, do you have a rough guess how many 30 Ml. recipes you could make for each 10 - 15 Ml. bottle of concentrate? I mean is that usually enough to make several 30 Ml. bottles with?

2 Likes

Well, say you use 10% per finished bottle of that flavor. You’d get 10 30ml’s out of it.

2 Likes

Not sure i get this one, maybe I don’t understand the comment as it was intended.
If you buy a pg nic base diluted to 6mg, and want 6mg in the finished product, you can’t add any flavoring, esp not 10-12% flavoring. You’d have less than 6mg/ml nic strength in the end.

The calculator works great for telling you how much 100mg nic to add to get the desired result. Forgive me if I misunderstood.

3 Likes

A lot of creams, but strawberry as your only fruit flavour?!?
If I were you I would buy 3-4 different fruit flavours, though I am of course very much a fruit vaper :wink:

Still I predict you will soon get tired of strawberry, and most fruits will go well with all your creams. I recommend that you pick some of your favourite fruits, and then check the flavour DB for the highest rated brands of those flavours. You can always later find recipes for them, or simply replace one fruit with another.

I would also recommend that you start with 10ml bottles instead of 30ml. 10ml actually last longer than you would think, and it gives you a chance to test them out and learn which you actually like or not, without having to pour too much into the sink.

4 Likes

No doubt you’re right, but I’ve set myself a budget for first order that I’m trying to stay with. A gallon might work, if so, will do. Thanks again VM!

3 Likes

Hey that’s good to know! I hadn’t a clue how much went into a mix. Thank!

Well, each recipe is different, and bottle sizes obviously also matter. But in your case, 10% of a finished 30ml bottle will be 3ml of that flavor so your 30ml concentrate nets you 10 bottles of vape juice. 5% would net you 20 bottles, and on and on. All the maths!!!

1 Like

I’d change this to a 10ml bottle. You’re not going to want to be using a lot of it as it can mute flavors.

I’d get shit tons of this… just saying. Its delicious… Lol (but 30ml is probably a good start. :wink: )

6 Likes