CROWN SUBTANK unfrigging real

Oh wow I’m definitely interested in that site for the coil heads.

@Vape_NOOB12, @daath good news and bad news…

Good - This is where I bought my most recent pack of coils for 7.40;

http://www.ecig.com/uwell-crown-coil-4-pack.html?a_aid=iloveyou

Bad - They look to be out of stock now (That could be my fault hehe)

I can’t speak for any of their other products but I am 4 weeks in on this coil and it’s a champ :wink: Shipping did take a bit longer than I’m accustomed but it was also overseas

Bit strange to see I love you in the end of that link…

1 Like

SS is sometimes read by TC mods that’s not set up for SS in TC. It will regulate to a certain point but the temp may not be reading accurately. The true test is to see if it will dry burn. If it’s running then I’d let it run. Just be careful when your tank get low. You may get a dry hit.

1 Like

Thanks I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

That’s alright thanks for the information! Holy lord how did get it too last that long?? I don’t know if I am doing something wrong but ive barely had these coils last 2 weeks. The nickel ones have been shot within a couple days. I prime them extensively as well. They produce vapor but have a consistent burnt taste.

My .25s last me a month or sometimes more. I dont bother with TC mode because I never run my tank empty and just vape away at around 60w.
That’s what I like about these little guys, is they last me a while.
If the coil isnt too bad I can recycle it as well. I soak it in vodka for a day or two, GENTLY twist a paper towel down the head to remove some of the caramelization, then soak in distilled water for a day or two. It doesn’t work on every coil but if you pull it early enough it does.
I just restored a month old coil and the coil is silver again and the cotton white! :smile:

3 Likes

Oh wow. Good thinking. Nothing like saving some money. I was wondering what was best to soak them in!

2 Likes

Just make sure it is distilled water. I was out one day so I used our RO water (reverse Osmosis) and it did something funky to the casing on the coil. Almost like it tarnished it? but anyways I am getting more skilled at cleaning these and this last coil came out looking brand new after being black a few days ago!
I wish I could use this method on all my other coils but it really seems to only work on the crown’s

1 Like

I never really liked the Ni coils and I’m willing to bet you wont be able to soak them like this but maybe I’m wrong? All in all the crown is still one of the better purchases I have made and I love it! I just think it’s weird that the firing pin on the bottom has no spring in it and you can just push it right out…seems odd to me

1 Like

I haven’t really shopped around yet for the “best” price but they also have the crown in black for $30…again out of stock now but it’s not a bad price
Also a lot of other good deals…eleaf 100w for 30 and an entire TF4V kit for 26

http://www.ecig.com/uwell-crown-sub-ohm-tank.html

1 Like

That sound like a plan I’ll have to try that.

2 Likes

Wasn’t it you that suggested/tried this as well? I can’t remember but I thought someone else has…
I have done it to about 4 coils now and I tried it with another one that was too far gone. It took me about a week in total to soak, rinse, wipe and soak again but I was shocked at how new they looked when I was finished! The only one it didn’t work on was 1 that was way to black from me using to much “sugary” juices on. Other than that I was very pleased with the results no matter how tidiest the process

2 Likes

I am not a big fan of the Ni coils nosw that I have tried them. Definitely switching back to SS. I have the black version and its sexy has hell. Damn if it wasnt for my impatience I could of saved a lot of money :frowning:

2 Likes

I just ordered the black one a minute ago!! Can’t wait to get it but my only concern is the finish…do you find it chips, scratches or fades?

3 Likes

Try using pure grain alcohol, its more potent and will clean better. I do to all my coils I sub 0.5, Crown coils, even my wifes 1.5 kanger coils.

3 Likes

It was an inside joke… I don’t use those coils… unless I can get some Ti for cheap.

1 Like

Has anyone had any luck breaking down the stock crown coil and rebuilding it up from scratch?

1 Like

@Pro_Vapes just posted a thread on it
here
:point_down:

1 Like

Yeah stupid me, day late and a dollar short… just found and read it. thx @quitter1

2 Likes

Sweet! The finish is great. The only place i have a small spot of wear is the drip tip insert. Youll necer see though.

1 Like