Cthulhu MOD ~ Hastur RDTA

After a 40 day (pre-order purchase) waiting period, my Hastur RDTA is in my hands.

Cleaned and built mine last night; very little machine oil, so it was an easy clean and get going. The unit came apart and reassembled easily. For the most part, it’s a really substantial UD Bellus with a Steam Crave Aromamizer juice flow.

Mounted a SS, dual 24ga., single 10 wrap, spaced coils = .4 ohms. Wicked with rayon; wick tails meeting in the middle on the deck.

It’s a definitely a lung hitters atomizer. I had to choke the AFC down to about half after a few pulls. Also, seeing 3mg Nic mixes in my future…got quite a buzz testing this thing with 6mg juice! I know better, but didn’t have any 0 to 3mg juice ready to go!

The only thing that chaps my butt is filling this atomizer. Doesn’t matter…top fill or bottom fill, ya gotta go slow and steady or you’ll have issues with the juice splooging. No way around it. Typically, I use a 40PG/60VG mix. I feel sorry for folks who use a max VG juice with this this tank.

For me, all atomizers should be able to be filled with the standard eye dropper which comes with most juices bottles today. Oh well…I’ll get over it.

In the end, I’m sure I’ll enjoy it, even with the juice filling issues. No atomizer is perfect… shrug.

1 Like

Hastur RDTA note:

DO NOT use this atomizer with a hybrid connection mech mod or any mod with a large diameter positive pin… The “adjustable screw” on the 510 connection sits flush, if not a bit recessed, with the threading on the 510 connection.

I had to unscrew the positive center pin a bit when I had the atomizer on my Tab 521 ohm meter to get a good connection. The meter was reading “dead short” otherwise.

I got mine yesterday. I hate I only have bad 22g Ti wire to mount it with. I’m looking forward to vaping this tank.

I’m up and running. I’m using my .5mm Ti and the vape is great. It’s very close to the Aromamizer… when it comes to flavor and it edges it out on vapor production and airflow. The airflow is off the charts and it’s very easy to build. I see what y’all are saying about filling this thing. Those narrow fill slots was a bonehead move. Besides the filling issues, I think this going to be a great tank. I can’t wait to get it in a deep water build. I think then it will rival the Aromamizer for flavor.

I can’t remove the top cap to access the top fill. I don’t want to take the pliers to it , so I just used the bottom fill.

my first time raising the top fill was difficult, just pull a little harder

1 Like

I got it… Thanx!

1 Like

Hastur RDTA note:

I’ve found that the Allen key which is provided with this atomizer tends to be a bit loosely-goosey in the grub screws. In searching for an allen key which does fit the grub screws properly, I found that my Griffin allen key works perfectly. So, you might have to search around in the myriad of other allen keys you own for one which won’t strip out the heads of the grub screws. :smirk: Good luck!

1 Like

I see drilling another hole in the top cap in my future. :thinking:

1 Like

Oh gosh…I thought that too! Lemme know if/when you do

1 Like

I swapped my .5mm Ti build for a salvaged old wire 22g Ti build from another tank… I have a deep water build in this tank now and all I can say is OMG. It’s early, but I think this mirrors, if not better flavor than the Aromamizer. It already had it beat for vapor and airflow. Now the the flavor is there. This might be my new favorite tank. I’m not going to call it yet though, but I’m really, really liking this tank.

1 Like

Drilled a second hole for an air outlet in the top cap…helps a bit, but really didn’t do all that much good. Needle tip type bottles for filling will be a “must” with this atomizer; no way out of it.

Vapes good though! :wink:

what about making original hole bigger?

Meh…I’m just separating the whole base section from the glass tank and filling it up that way. The glass tank is fairly snug on the top cap O-ring, so as long as you’re careful and steady, it’s an easy process. :smirk:

I don’t think making the top cap fill hole any bigger would solve the issue, unfortunately. :pensive:

due to filling difficulties, my hastur has taken a seat on my desk, gathering a share of dust until patience becomes a virtue of mine. i’m too fucking busy to gamble on a successful filling. i have far too many tanks that fill with ease right now.
just my thoughts for right now…back to shaving dog ass!

2 Likes

I feel your pain…on the atomizer…not the dog ass. :laughing:

2 Likes

Boy! After vaping on this Hastur a while now, my UD Bellus has been moved into the “Toodle Puffing” category of RTA’s! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like