Cure for dryish e-juice

Makes a lot of sense to add additives to the tank instead of adding to the whole batch. I will also try the toasted marshmallow trick. Thanks for sharing this with us Joya.

1 Like

I had this syndrome last night. I tried 4 different tanks and couldnā€™t taste a thing. Iā€™m a flavor junky so thatā€™s a big problem for me. I call it ā€œtongue lagā€.

3 Likes

Sweet. Let me know.
I actually had an incident where I got the "toastedā€™ on my tongue in a strong way and it really did make everything taste - able immediately afterward. Thatā€™s when I decided that this is the case. Iā€™ll have to try that again sometime. I think it must have been when I added some "Toasted Marshmallow to my Marshmallow. Yes, that was it!
I just read maybe yesterday that Marshmallow dulls flavors. Hmmm. Maybe not the ā€˜toastedā€™ version? It sure does good things to my tanks. But like I saidā€¦ I only add it to tanks, not bottles andā€¦ I only have Marshmallow with a 10% Toasted Marshmallow added to it ---- available to add to my tanks.

1 Like

Joya Iā€™m confused ^ which brand is this ?

TFA Toasted Marshmallow I think.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I think she said but when she said 10% I am not sure if she was diluting or using another brand. I have 5 different marshmallows so was wondering if I missed one !

My Marshmallow and Toasted Marshmallow are both The Perfumerā€™s Apprentice or TFA (which ever you want to call it). TFA or TPA = The Flavor/Perfumers Apprentice Flavoring. Sorry I didnā€™t mention that. Need to be sure and repeat so folks donā€™t have to research what the heck iā€™m talking about. Found some interesting additional info to paste into my E-juice document today: Pasted below from Site: http://www.v2couponcodes.com/eliquid-additives-for-making-better-tasting-ejuices/electronic-cigs.htm

Saline is basically salt, but table salt is not an appropriate additive in an ejuice. Table salts comprise of chloride and sodium, thus the chemical name Sodium Chloride. When sodium chloride is subjected to heat vaporization, pure chlorine gas is produced, which is not something that must be inhaled. According to Vapers Table, the 0.05% NaCl solution from the pharmacy must be used instead of the common salt used in cooking and preparing foods.

More Additive Info:
Start with 1% Linalool if you want your tobacco ejuice to have citrus, floral or herbal notes.
Acetyl Pyrazine is a commonly used additive in vape juices. It can enhance the flavor of dessert-inspired ejuice, making it nutty, bread or bakery aromatic. Start with 0.5% solution and make sure you will not exceed 1.5% if the juice is to be steeped quite long.
Malic Acid is the additive used when you want to create a sour flavor profile in your eliquid. This could enhance fruit flavored ejuices and give them the missing pop. It is ideal that eliquid mixers begin with 0.5% of this ingredient.
Ethyl Maltol is another commonly used ejuice additive. It can wither soften or sweeten an ejuice and adds more body to the vape juice. It can add a burnt cotton candy profile with notes of strawberry and jam to sweet flavored eliquids. It is ideal to start with 0.5% of this additive.

1 Like

Not that I would do this but Wikipedia states this on home made saline

ā€œhome-madeā€ saline may be used: this is made by dissolving approximately half a teaspoon of table salt into 240ml (approx. 8 ounces) of clean tap water.[8] In very rare instances, amoeba Naegleria fowleri infection can occur if amoeba enters the body through the nose, therefore water used for nasal irrigation should be sterile.[9]

Some use 0.05 saline I use 0.9% saline 1-2 drops. But not often at all. I am not a big fan of creating poisonous gases in my environment ( seriously we could have another hate thread on our hands here ā€¦hope not ) nose drops or saline at the pharmacy counter your choice.

I know this thread has been inactive for awhile but to be clearā€¦
To help with a dry mix saline nose drops are a good fix? Iā€™m asking.
Fuji Apple seems like a great idea but the flavor I mixed that has a dry effect is a butterscotch custard & fugit apple wouldnā€™t 'jive well.

Would saline be the best if or this dry diy?

2 Likes

What is your VG/pg ratio ? Saline or distilled water should be fine around 1-2% to add some moisture.

1 Like

Itā€™s all vg except flavors,so Iā€™d guess 90% VG.
ā€¦
Which would be best In you guys opinion?
Iā€™ve never tried saline or apple cider vinegarā€¦Etc
Iā€™m just totally uncertain what would add more of a ā€œwettnessā€ to my mix?

Ok so Max VG at most pg 10% so I have gone as high as 5% without having popping and problems with the mix.

2 Likes

I never made it above 2% before the snap crackle and pop drove me nuts!

1 Like

Hmm I know weā€™ve all had that between u ring and I but at 5% when put into the base and not as pg down in the recipe ( this is how Iā€™ve been setting it up) it hasnā€™t had that effect on the mixes. I have upped my usage on VG based flavors as well thou. Most current mixes are a variety of 0/100 VG and anywhere to 16% but on account of some of those being VG based. This could very well be the reason. I did absolutely have it on my 30/70 mixes for sure. I think itā€™s d/t Iā€™m not using nearly as much pg anymore. On a 10/90 I feel he could get away w/ 2-5% may have to play w/ the percentages somewhat.

Okā€¦
2% will be a starting point for adding saline.
Well Iā€™m correct in thinking saline & not dw,acv?

Iā€™m really torn on this one. I think you could use either. Saline will change the ph of the juice it can throw it off if itā€™s leading toward the bitter side. But if your looking for more depth and just want to smooth it out some why not try distilled water first. If it doesnā€™t achieve what you set out for then go for the saline.

I recently thought of buying some ketone test strips in the pharmacy to test my ph levels of my batches. Iā€™d be interested in seeing how they trend. But the ketone strips were 20$ for a bottle of like 15 no thanks I will keep looking thou !

Have you considered adding marshmallow to the recipe 2% or less. Adds mouth feel and can help smooth a tiny bit. Then try the water.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll try both & report my findings.
Also Iā€™d really like to know the ph of a few if theses liquid my mouth doesnā€™t agree with so Iā€™d know to not even try themā€¦lol

1 Like

found this in the tips and tricks page "Saline, or saline solution, is medical grade distilled water with salt (NaCL). Itā€™s typically used in tobacco or bakery-flavors, and adds body and enhances flavors. Just like salt in foods :wink: It may add a salty note to your liquid

It can be used in all flavors to enhance flavor and add moistness, test it a bit before making a big batch.

It reduces the mouth/sinus/throat-dehydration caused by VG and PG.

If you add distilled water, vodka or PGA to dillute your juice, you can try substituting it with saline. A good pointer could be that flavoring and saline should amount to 20-25% of your total volume. Though some just add 3% saline to their mixes, perhaps a bit more if you are heavy on the VG.

The medical stuff usually comes in 0.5-0.9%. Nasal cleaner for babies will do the trick also."
**I am wondering if the saline solution i make is ok i use half tsp to 1 cup of water Himalayan rock salt **

1 Like

Try marshmallow @ 2% in a small test batch like Amy suggested.

1 Like

How about sea salt?