Custards steep

Its been 6 days and all these were SFT except capellas V1 vanilla custard I mixed at 10.5% and V2 I did 8% the darkest one is the Flavour art custard and it was also mixed at 6% so does this mean the Flavour art is the lowest steep? At 6 days? Im going to test it but I will also let it age for the 30 days like the others… so the order in the pic is cap V1 10.5% vape train warm custard 6% cap V2 8% tfa vanilla custard 6% flavour art custard 6% and tpa vanilla custard 6%

10 Likes

It will be interesting to hear what you think as you’ve got a wide array of different custard flavors, except for maybe the CAPS v1 and v2 which are similar. I know how all of them taste very well, but am anxious to hear what you think. You said they were SFT, so not sure if that meant fresh mixed or not. Will await your results, and opinions. BEST way to learn what’s what, what you like, and hate, is to test them just like you are.

7 Likes

They were all mixed on May 22st so fairly fresh but the flavour art seems to be turning color fast.

7 Likes

May I ask how you decided on those pcts?

9 Likes

No it does nit mean its the shortest steep time…If you look at FA Custard it is dsrker than the other custards. Take Cap VCV1 for example its more of a yellow buttery color . The FA has that same tone as the Mixed one

9 Likes

Ahhhhh, custards… Know all the ones you are testing except the FA Prem (got it just haven’t used it) and the VTA (reviews didn’t appeal to me).

I use the CAP VCV1 at 10% standalone as one of my ADV’s.
The CAPVCV2 I have tried but wasn’t as nice for me.
TPA and TFA Van Cust are the same thing, or is one of them VCII? I like these in cheesecake mixes but find them a bit weak for standalone.

6 Likes

@ladycrooks FA Custard does that, and it’s ironic, as it’s a lighter custard by far.

4 Likes

I believe she means the Original FA …Mine has always been darker…

Actual liquid on the right…Unless you mean lighter tasting SD

3 Likes

I believe you are correct, label on the steeping mix says Custard (Crema Pasticcera).

3 Likes

Ya and its a dark flavor compared to other custards, imo it is why its darker in her tester and why its steeping darker.

3 Likes

should I put another 4% in thw ones I have at 6%?? Theyre all less than a week old?I don’t want to wait a month and not be able to taste them!!! How do you even know where to start on a SFT?? I have just been going on ppls notes , and hoping for the best . But im getting tired of throwing shits out!! It’s just getting old…

3 Likes

Just wait, try them in a week and if they taste weak then put another 1% in. Then try again after a week and if needed do the same. Don’t worry about trying to be precise with the added percentages just close enough will do for now.

You are still in the experimental stage so it’s hard not to get frustrated. If I do a single flavour that hasn’t really worked for me, instead of throwing it out I will use it for experiments by adding other flavours or mixes to it, Just split it up into smaller bottles and try other flavours in it.

I make up 10ml bottles with 5ml of juice that hasn’t worked and 5ml of a mix that is complimentary in profile. For instance, put 5ml of the TFA custard mix with 5ml of the CAP VCV1 mix and see how it goes together.

Patience will be needed until you work out what is good for you. Took me quite a while and a lot of test mixes to find my likes and dislikes. Now I have a rotation of my regular mixes that allows 6 to 12 weeks of steeping time for my custards.

7 Likes

Yes @fidalgo_vapes.

3 Likes

What? So even my label is wrong??!! Ffs! I got to figure this shit out.

3 Likes

No, label is correct for that custard. Was just making sure we were talking about the correct one… :smiley:

3 Likes