Damn older DNA board

Well darn it this really burns my butt. My second DNA75 board that has bit the dust. My Lost Vape Therion BF started experiencing overheating issues where the battery would get really warm while firing. So I disassembled it again. And found another burned out circuit. I guess it’s time to finally retire the old work horse. I could replace with another board but I don’t want to dump another $60 into another one.

The black spot on the top of the circuit is where it burned. :face_with_diagonal_mouth::-1::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

You should open a Help Desk ticket at evolvapor, and send them that pic. :wink:

3 Likes

Yup @big_vape already done, and received a response. They just confirmed that that is the issue. Luckily they gave me a part # for the bad circuit. And offered to sell me a new DNA75 for $50.00. Oh why did Radio Shack have to go out of business. Luckily there is an electronics store close to my work so I can find out if they can get the part.

4 Likes

Would you have any use for a Yihi 475J that I bought from Varitube? Unopened and I still have the invoice. 1 x 18650 upgradable/max 75W/TC. Joystick compatible.

3 Likes

Is it a You-do-it electronics store?

2 Likes

Yes it’s an electronics supply store. Or in other words it’s nerd heaven.

3 Likes

Unfortunately no I only have one YI HI mod the OG SX Mini SL Class. I have several attys by YI HI but only the one mod. i never use it. I thought about getting some of those YI HI boards to do some 3d printed DIY builds, but alas I never did.

3 Likes

I’ve always wondered what does everyone do with their old mods that don’t work anymore? Do people just throw them away? I have a box of old mods and parts that I’ve collected over the years, just not the parts I need. I love old mods, especially those classics that are hard to find.

3 Likes

I mostly keep them, i have 5 Dovpo GX200’s that the button went soft on but i cant seem to throw them away.

Years ago i bought a Fogger V2 and the post broke after the third build, i kept it too for some reason. I just pretend to keep them for posterity purposes.

2 Likes

Is Jameco still around? Back in the day they used to be good at supplying circuit board components

2 Likes

That seems like a board design issue to me but i understand the limitations when building a board that small you have to use those sot-223 surface mount regulators which get super hot and you cant really have enough heatsinking on a board that size.it will work for a long time the way we use them but eventually the heat is gonna keep doing more and more damage to that mlcc filter capacitor thats so close to it.

If you wanted i could try replacing that capacitor for you.

3 Likes

There’s mcamaster-carr and digikey for components.

3 Likes

Yea radioshack never sold surface mount components. For small caps in small qty your prob better off with ebay or amazon. If you need a lot the best price is digikey or mouser

3 Likes

I tend to keep them thinking I can fix them someday. I have a Vaporesso Armour Pro that arrived DOA so they sent me another one ASAP. I watched a DJLsb video where he disassembled the entire mod so that was helpful but I couldn’t find anyone who could supply me with a replacement board. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Your not going to get a dna mod for that money.thats how I always look at the reason for fixing stuff

1 Like

LOL true though it only cost me $10.00 because it was already broken when I bought it many years ago.

2 Likes

I’ve got an old Lavabox DNA75 that has bad battery contacts that you can have. My hands are too bad to try and fix it at this point. Pretty sure the board is fine. If you’d like it, PM me your address and I’ll ship it out to you.

3 Likes