Dan the Man and The Asvape Micro An Anti Social Way

Yikes! I had a h3ll of a time recording this review y’all. My editing software took a dump. So I guess I’ll have to get Adobe Premiere Pro sooner than expected. Well, I hope so anyway. I am telling myself that “it’s for the best” because the free software (Movie Maker) has a bunch of glitches and it ruins very good editing work by me. :grin: Ok, so maybe not “very good”.

8 Likes

Dan… you are gushing! :stuck_out_tongue:

(but that is a cute little setup!! How cool!!) oh damn… that gush is contagious! :flushed::kissing_heart:

5 Likes

I know, disgusting right? Amazing that I could still gush after recording 4 different times and editing it 3 times. I was so done with it that I didn’t bother to try and fix any of the glitches.

You will probably stop gushing when I tell you this thing costs 40 bones. I didn’t even mention that part in the video. I feel like it’s amateur hour.

3 Likes

There are plenty free video editing softwares that you don’t need to pay for…

4 Likes

Depends on how it holds up, @Dan_the_Man… I have spent way more and way under… lol…
but it is cute!! I love the resin on it… smooth… but I dunno on that rubber smell…

3 Likes

There appears to be a slight sync problem with the audio. Good video nonetheless!

3 Likes

I’ll be keeping this one so in a couple of months or so I’ll do a longevity video on it and we’ll see how well it holds up. I’ve dropped it countless times and you couldn’t tell. So far so good.

@anon28032772 thanks for the link bro. I’ve never heard of Lifewire, it looks pretty awesome. Ya, I’ve been researching editing programs for months now and have tried several that they recommend on the free side and I am a cheapskate so the free ones appeal to me but for some reason, I have my heart set on Adobe premiere elements or even better pro.

I actually downloaded VideoPad (one they recommend). I was just about to start learning it when my mind started messing with me. I thought, why to learn a new program when I will have to learn Adobe premiere. Oh well, I’m sure I will go with the free one anyway.

3 Likes

I have wavepad and videopad, even tho I do not show up on cams lol…
both are cool… but that livewire link, might have to try it out too… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the other reason I need new software.

Thank you sir.

2 Likes

LOL, I love it @Dan_the_Man, you kill me every time. Review was great, but dammit, …

“I don’t even know what’s in there …BUBBLEGUM”.
“Said they would take care of it, … didn’t do DURDILY DOO”.

Sign me up for the DanChannel.

2 Likes

LOL, that made me laugh every time. I edited that thing a million times and I still laughed every time.

That has a nice ring to it… “The DanChannel”

3 Likes

Adobe Premiere is good, I just thought that for basic video editing it’s a bit overkill and expensive… but if you had your mind set on it, go for it.
There’s a ton of video editing software on Linux (even in a VM on a proper host it works well), all for free as well if you’re up for it. There are loads of tutorials online. Just an idea if you don’t like spending money if you don’t need to.
By the way, this review wasn’t as bad as you made it sound :wink:

2 Likes

Rather catchy sassy and funky bass-line vamp there at the opening, Danbo. RK doo really didgeri it, verily !

2 Likes

:grin: I hope I’m up for it. Just looking it up so I can comment on it made me want to find out more. Your right of course (what do I say after that?). Every time I try to save up for it, there are more pressing needs, like food, that come up and I think, “you don’t need Adobe, you just want adobe”

:wink:

@Raven-Knightly :metal: I went through a LOT of “free” music for that one.

4 Likes

I am somewhat stuck at the moment. There is a lot of information about Linux and a million different applications. Do you know which one is best for editing? Also, I have a Sandisk Extreme go USB 3.1 Flash Drive. I forgot I had it. Would it be better to put it on the Flash Drive?

I know I just asked you to do a bunch of work but if you could just point me in the right direction, it would be a tremendous help to me.

3 Likes

Not sure what you want to do with your Sandisk. If you’re running a virtual machine, you should install it on your main hard drive (preferably an SSD) or a dedicated HDD/SSD and assign enough resources (cpu/ram/etc) so it doesn’t start slowing down your editing/rendering. Dual booting is another option to consider… But if you’re not familiar with virtual machines and/or Linux, I’d just focus on Windows software for now or you’ll have a steep learning curve.

If you’re up to it though, this is an interesting intro for you

If you’re interested, you can always PM me and I can guide you through the setup so you can give it a try. KdenLive also has a working version for Windows but it may have some issues. Might be good enough to see if it’s something for you.

3 Likes

Premier Pro and After Effects are Da-Bomb!!! Just do your research and ensure you have enough computer to handle them.

4 Likes

@SmilingOgre’s right for sure. BUT, if you’re in a pinch the Elements bundle isn’t too shabby.

4 Likes

That is exactly the conclusion I came to. If I’m not mistaken, you can purchase it one time now, as before you had to pay monthly. I’m not sure though because it was months ago that I was looking into it.

Y’all have totally read my mind. That is the exact one I am saving up for. Then I would know if I want the pro later on.

3 Likes

@anon28032772 I like this guy DASGeek, thanks for the link. The more I find out the more I like. Not just the editing either.

3 Likes