Dan the Man and the Vaporesso GEN

The Too Too reveals itself !!!

3 Likes

I think the OG is the best one and I finally got some FW Hazelnut back in Thanks to @Chef_Johnny. I hope thatā€™s ok Chef.

I havenā€™t been able to re-up on any concentrates but Iā€™m ok with that because it made me use flavors I am either not familiar with or havenā€™t really used very often. It has made me a better mixer I think. Donā€™t get me wrong because I am very happy I was able to get some needed flavors.

Babblingā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™m experiencing some similar things. Iā€™ve been in a caramel/peanut butter/banana rutt lately, and I have flavor concentrates that I received with glee and sniffed, and was taken, if only for a brief moment to places from gardens to donut shops to far away castles and beyond, and these flavors have since been largely ignored.
Iā€™ve discovered lately that I am a highly compulsive person with a fairly short attention span and this hobby has accentuated that.
So what happened to my highly anticipated use of flavors like sugar orchids, or my coffee and donuts I was going to make? Or rum and coke with lime (Cuba Libre)? How about the vanilla rose? Or all things autumnal spice gingerbread chewy cookie?
I need to slow down and savor. Maybe go through and sort my flavors and give them a sniff for renewed inspiration.

4 Likes

@Chef_Johnny LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl: Welcome to the Rabbit Hole my Friend!!!

4 Likes

Too Too!
Nice job brother! As I proclaimed in the comments section of this recipe, these were my thoughtsā€¦
This is a delight. I was sent an ā€œalmost steepedā€ sample from Dan himself and waited over a week to try it just a little earlyā€¦
I put it in my profile rda at 35 watts and pulled.
Mouth full of dense fog, almost felt like it might be coming out my ears, and a grown up sweetness that is a refreshing change from some of my desserts that give me ā€œsugar teethā€.
This is when you know you are dealing with a mixer thats been around the block a bunch of times. Heā€™s been through the over sweetener phase, been through the over flavored and under flavored, tried numerous brands of vg, PG, and nic (though no nic in this one), and has found the ā€œgoldilocks zoneā€. There is a nice, not too shy caramel nougat taste with all the sweetness derived ā€œnaturallyā€ from the flavors themselves.
Iā€™ve found myself excited to go back to it, yet fearful to run out.
A finely crafted brew indeed.

And if I may say so, while perfect just the way it is, it has me lying awake wondering what would happen if someone were to put in a few drops of juicy peach or apricot, but see? Thatā€™s me having to over think everything.

4 Likes

By all means brother, do what you will with it. Unfortunately I can no longer taste peach (though I should try it again to be sure). I havenā€™t tried it in over a year so maybe I can now but itā€™s funny you mention apricot since I have been working with it a little bit of late.

3 Likes

Now I am torn, I have the same TM24 in blue and the match makes me want the GEN even more now. That bubbling paint would drive me nuts thoughā€¦sigh. Gonna have to weigh the pros and cons but at least all you great reviewers have given me all the info I need.

Excellent review bro :+1:

4 Likes

I am running two GENā€™s constantly at the moment and there is no indication at all that the paint is pealing or discoloring. So maybe Dan had a bad one?

4 Likes

Definitely could be he case, is one of yours the blue?

3 Likes

No, Iā€™m running a black and a red.

4 Likes

Thank you Sir!!! I would go for it and cross my fingers and hope to die and all that. I agree that the peeling paint sucks but I would get another if I had the chance. Ya, hard decision because you canā€™t guarantee that you wouldnā€™t get a bad paint job.

Have you tried the Eclipse Cap? If not you should pick one up. I am a total TM fan boy but the TM24 pro has one fault that kinda drives me up the wall and that is the sprocket on the top cap. Itā€™s sharp and very uncomfortable. Granted it doesnā€™t take long to get used too but the Eclipse cap rocks. Itā€™s comfortable and the Flavor Jumps up some. I hesitate to say how much the flavor increases but it does.

3 Likes

Nah, donā€™t have the Eclipse cap but gonna look for one soon based on your recommendation. Gonna keep an eye out for that blue GEN as well, I am now jonesing for that TM24 match :grin:

4 Likes

Itā€™s sweet right?

http://twistedmesses.com/product/eclipse-cap-for-tm24-and-tm24-pro-series/

Check this out. Itā€™s pretty cool. I want one but first I need the Occula.
http://twistedmesses.com/product/spectrum-glass-cap-for-tm24-and-tm24-pro/

4 Likes

Fast Tech has the black ones on for 37 dollars right nowā€¦

4 Likes

So, full disclosure, with how busy I HAD been, never watched the video (though I managed two or three comments nonetheless). I just knew I couldnā€™t appreciate it with too many things on my mind sooooā€¦
Iā€™m off today and enjoying coffee on this brisk morning, and I put it on. I donā€™t need a Vaporesso Gen, just felt like watching Dan do his thing.
Awesome. The dichotomy of your supreme knowledge of all things vape and your bumbling, self deprecating humor is a delight.
ā€œI tried nickelā€¦ Stainlessā€¦ Andā€¦ The other oneā€ā€¦ (Titanium).
ā€œThis is just, just soā€¦ I want a green oneā€.
Priceless.
Then you get rattling off about kanthal core and Claptons and pulse modes and tcm, and we realize you know your stuff.
Only thing missing was, you didnā€™t say, ā€œTHIS MOTHER CHUCKER HITS LIKE A TRUCKLOAD Oā€™ DILDOS!ā€.
Nice job bud.

4 Likes

Ha, Haaaa; Thank you Sir. I always thought self deprecating humor to be humorousā€¦

2 Likes

Got the blue black like yours @Dan_the_Man and what a good looking color. Using a mod guard under my tanks to hopefully avoid any bubbling like you got, thanks for mentioning that so I could try and avoid it.

It is a nice mod for sure, love the way it feels and all my blue tanks look great on it.

3 Likes

Excellent review! I was putting this one on my list, hopefully I can score some deals this holiday with the GEN. I had some good use out of some of Vaporessoā€™s pod systems.

4 Likes

You are welcome. I hope you let us know if the paint gets all jacked.

Awesome! What about the TM24 Pro, howā€™s it look?

@thevapin1 thank you sir and welcome to the forum. HealthCabin has it for $47.83 for the kit Vaporesso Gen 220W TC Mod Kit With Skrr-S Tank 8ml
35.97 mod only Vaporesso Gen 220W Box Mod

3 Likes

Right now I have my Modfather RTA on it.

But the TM24 looks sick too, all my blue tanks look killer on it. This mod is gonna get a lot of use since I have a decent amount of blue tanks :grin:

I am hoping I wonā€™t have to report the bubbling issue but if it comes up will definitely report back.

3 Likes