Decent Ginger Flavour?

Anyone know a decent Ginger flavouring? Cap’s Gingerbread starts out ok but, within a week to 10 days, fades to virtually nothing. I know of many, but I would rather if someone with experience of using Ginger could make a recommendation; I am getting a little fed up of flavourings which promise much, only to fade away relatively quickly ruining the mix. The more mixing I do, the more flavourings I am beginning to find fade away and are untraceable after relatively short timescales. So much so, that I have started to compile my own list of flavours not to use, because of this problem. Many Strawberries, Lemons, Caramels and Pears seem to have similar probs. Any help re the Ginger would be most appreciated.

6 Likes

I use Ginger from Natures Flavors. It’s an organic natural extract and I don’t recall any fading.

8 Likes

Some flavors that fade after a week or two actually bounce back after another week or two. I don’t know how many, or which ones. I read about it some time ago but just recently got to see it first hand.

6 Likes

I’ve never seen a fade in Gingerbread (Capella). Like @JiM210 said, it comes back. Most of the blends I use it in are steeped for at least 3 weeks before ready. If you want something that has punch a bit faster then Ginger Ale (TPA) and Ginger (Flavorah) tend to be stable after the first week.

7 Likes

I agree with @anon36682625 NF Ginger is the gold standard for ginger flavors. I’m not seeing Nature’s Flavors on the Flavor Jungle website which is indicated on the flavor details page. Did they discontinue it? BCF carries NF and bingo, they have the Ginger!

8 Likes

Agreed, Nature’s Flavors is fantastic.
They also have Gingerbread if you want to use it in bakery/ dessert settings. (Edit: you can use the regular Ginger in bakeries, too. The Gingerbread version just gives you a head start in that direction, adding a slight cookie-bread aspect to the regular Ginger to get you going)

They are both outstanding and fairly potent. 1% is the highest I would take them, 0.5% is plenty in most cases.

I don’t know what diyvaporsupply is doing about shipping. With the V word in their name, even flavors might be flagged for the new shipping regs. Haven’t tried to place an order recently.

Nature’s Flavors main website is not vape related, so they can ship direct if you want 1-2oz bottles at some point. -only buy Organic Extracts or Coffee/Tea flavors from the NF site, they carry many products that are only meant for food/beverage uses. Only those 2 types are safe for vaping -

5 Likes

@anon36682625, @muth, @Plunderdrum thx for the suggestion, unfortunately NF doesn’t seem to be available at any of the UK concentrate suppliers.

@JiM210, @SquirrelSmash about 5 weeks in on a couple of the mixes and I can assure you both…it isn’t coming back :weary: Perhaps I got a bad 'un but I don’t think so, only had it a few months and it is well in date. Ordered the Ginger Ale and the Flv Ginger as per ‘Smashies’ suggestion and we shall see.

My grateful thx to everyone who chipped in.

4 Likes

It’s alright. Maybe it’s what it’s being paired with in the blend. I just checked a leftover sample of a blend I made in October last year: still fine.

1 Like

The worst instance of it fading was in an ID10-T recipe (Titanic Pear):

B.Scotch Ripple
Fuji
Graham Cracker
Pear
Pear
Gingerbread

I have found his recipes usually fit with my tastes but, after 4 or 5 wks it is all GC and little else? It was, however, a really nice Gingerbread forward vape when first mixed.

2 Likes

I’ve really liked Hangsen’s Ginger but finding it can be a bit of a PITA. Don’t know if it’s available on your side of the pond but give it a look…?

3 Likes

BCF offers international shipping if you really want to try it. I know the feeling when you have to order across the pond for something. I use Chef’s sometimes. Did you check with them?

1 Like

It’s been hard to find any Hangsen it seems. Where do you get it these days? I’ve been wanting the French Vanilla IC for awhile now.

1 Like

@muth Yup, Chefs doesn’t have it and it would be too expensive to order from the US for just one concentrate. May wait until I need a few that are unavailable here, but, I will give the other suggestions a whirl first.

2 Likes

@paingawd The main UK authorised Hangsen seller has undertaken to order it in for me, so it will be another to try when it gets here. My thx for the HUp paingawd.

3 Likes

BCF shipping to Canada is downright ridiculous, with a $24.99 (before discount) limit for standard USPS. With a $25.01order we’re now Fedex only starting at $33. NOW THAT’S ONE HELLUVA JOKE

2 Likes

O-M-G…if I knew that I wouldn’t have even suggested it. That’s criminal.

2 Likes

I used to get it from Nicotine River, sometimes BCF. I haven’t found anyone carrying it for a little while now, which sucks because I’m almost out. Maybe due to COVID restrictions?

1 Like

So, I’ve been searching and none of my usual suppliers carry Hangsen anymore. I haven’t tried these guys yet, but I might be unless someone has a better solution?

Anyways, here’s the FVIC Hangsen offers:

1 Like