Deleted accounts

7 Likes

Some of my followers are telling me my profile/recipe page is coming up as private is this possible or are they mistaken? Can someone please check this and lmk much appreciated! @daath :blush:

1 Like

Works fine for me :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Thx @anon60225325 I had a feeling they were just messing up somehow! I appreciate you checking! Now I can relax :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

No problem :relaxed: Now breatheā€¦ lol

3 Likes

Private profile page? We donā€™t have that :slight_smile: Your profile page looks fine :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Iā€™m just playing with the whole thing and actually have no idea whatā€™s going on here. I just came in, threw a hammer in the crankcase and left.

6 Likes

Quality control.
Nuff said.

1 Like

Thank you @daath I figured but just wanted to be sure of it! Iā€™ve never heard of that happening before so I think theyā€™re still kinda new to elr. :ok_hand:

1 Like

I 5 starred your butter rum recipe but havenā€™t made it. Looks real good. Let me do some more looking so I can 5 star those that arenā€™t already 5 starred. Unless of course you would rather not be in the 5 star contest with the former owner of the deleted account.

3 Likes

Lolā€¦well thank you! Telepathic testing :wink:

Iā€™ll have to go do some psychic testing myself here :wink:

Iā€™m thinking leave me out of the 5 star contest though. I would feel really bad if you dupe people into trying my 2-3 star recipes with those expectations. I really need to go update a lot of them, I probably donā€™t even mix 3/4 of them as written anymore. They are from my early days mostly and have evolved as Iā€™ve learned and found better flavors. I will probably turn them all private and update them all.

7 Likes

Iā€™ll make it today but will have to sub in 2 flavors cause I donā€™t have them. Love butter rum! However, the mix as written looks very tasty. Actually want to try the bickford butter rum and see how that plays out. Or have you done any mixes with bickford?

2 Likes
  1. Regarding this. Iā€™m new and all my recipes are private until I have perfected them and feel that someone would enjoy them.

2. I give recipes a :heart: that fit my flavor profile. I also rate them 5 ā˜… 's so I know that is a recipe I really want to mix next (thatā€™s the only way I keep them in order). If I find that I really enjoy the recipe, the 5 stars stay. If I donā€™t like the recipe the ā˜… 's will lower and I will leave a comment.

3. The evidence provided against you is strong. You have a case to prove. I would suggest you provide evidence, such as your room mates verifying that they voted for you + have them email the Adminā€™s here, verifying who they are.

4. Just because you are an Admin of a DIY FB group with 7500 members and have created a DIY guide doesnā€™t prove your innocence and doesnā€™t mean that you are necessarily a good person. What that means is that you like to DIY and you run a FB page. Thatā€™s all. Cops wear a badge - not all of them are good cops.

15 Likes

You tell 'em @Leilani :+1:t3:

5 Likes

@Stafylidis_Vladimiro

Iā€™ve got 4 recipes on here which two I think are awesome and one I should remove really cause it uses Vapemate stuff I know, I know just wanted to use up the concentrates.

Anyway Iā€™ve got no stars on none of them even though my Chocolate Caramel Cappuccino is one of my fav vapes, everyone else might think itā€™s crap lol, although I donā€™t care, and I think thatā€™s the mindset here, most mixers, are mixing for the community and to satisfy their own pallet at the same time, if no one else likes it, thereā€™s no issue there, they have a nice record of their e liquid and an awesome way to mix up any quantity they like and even make up oneshots if they like all thanks to @daath happy days, thanks Lars ;), this is not the X Factor.

I came to ELR to learn from the gods and have mixed loads of recipes, well about 20 and learned shed loads about flavour profiles, stones (which you have to be careful of sometimes as big ones can break your tanks), and some of which I havenā€™t even tried yet as theyā€™re still steeping, Personally I only rate a recipe after Iā€™ve tried it, always use the concentrates listed, which I go and buy if I do t have it and never use subs, out of respect to the mixer, I think a juice should be tasted as it was intended, then and only then can you start messing with it, if needed. Taste is subjective and no one here would ever dream of rating their own recipes.

Itā€™s the same rule on private trackers, use of more than one IP for multiple accounts is banned and that should be kind of obvious.

Anyway I see you are Greek and run a Facebook DIY forum with what 7500 users, woah you must be a really good mixer, and you are Greek, soā€¦

This is a serious request by the way and not meant to be racist in anywayā€¦

Can you Mix me a Doner Kebab e liquid?

I know itā€™s a little bit more Turkish than Greek but I donā€™t eat moussaka on a regular basis and Doners are not very healthy, so Iā€™d rather vape it than eat it.

Just lettuce, onions and chilli sauce please?

Thanks.

Shane :joy:

2 Likes

I absolutely rate my own recipes. That way when Iā€™m scrolling through them deciding what to make, I know which ones I like the most. I wish it had a setting where my own rating doesnā€™t show or count towards the total, but itā€™s a valuable tool I use consistently.

However, I donā€™t create multiple accounts and cheat either. Honestly could care less where my recipes fall in the rating system, I mix for my tastes. However, I think itā€™s harsh and wrong to take advantage of new mixers by cheating to get ratings just so they show higher on the list. I donā€™t even sort by stars anymore, itā€™s become so bad.

10 Likes

I think @Bob_Bitchen is your man, Shane :wink:

9 Likes

Well said @MysticRose

And yeah I never thought of it like that, I might go rate mine :grinning:

Although how do you give minus stars lol

Iā€™ve got an Android App on my tablet (phone is an iPhone & the iOS version doesnā€™t do mixing), itā€™s called Vape Tool Pro and itā€™s great, you can change the weights for VG/PG, pure nic or VG or PG based, it prices up your mixes based on amount mixed, how much you pay for VG, PG, Nic & concentrates has an awesome coil building section and you can rate your recipes, there are loads more features and a free version to try, plus itā€™s all off line and you can export your concentrate list into CSV to import into Numbers, or Excel.

So I store all the recipes I have mixed in this App along with my rating, once tried, then I come here and rate the ones Iā€™ve mixed

The ELR mixer is great although if you donā€™t have access to WIFI, like in my shed, this is a life saver, I wouldnā€™t normally recommend Apps especially Android err! Although this one is an exception to the rule.

And yep I completely agree the rating system is being manipulated, which is so unfair on all those awesome recipes which actually taste great and in 99.9% of cases are a million times better than that shop bought rubbish. Although you can usually tell by the comments most of the time, which is another sore subject at the moment too. As you are no doubt aware.

That said @daath is doing a great job to stop this naughtiness as far as is humanly possible.

Iā€™m gonna go check out some of your creations now, and will look forward to trying some, have a good one.

Shane :grinning:

5 Likes

I also rate my own mixes for this very reason. I am always truly delighted when someone makes a positive comment, decides to follow me or rates one of my recipes. But the fact is I am not mixing for the community. I am just sharing with others what I like and how much I liked what I made :kissing::dash::dash::dash::dash:

8 Likes

Lol thank you @anon60225325

@Bob_Bitchen can you make me a doner e liquid please, just lettuce, onions and chilli sauce please :grinning:

5 Likes