Deleted accounts

Does anybody knows what happening with the accounts ? They call me some friends that regularly test and rate my recipes and told me that their accounts and ratings doesn’t exist ! Do you know anything about ?

1 Like

Yes, we removed some accounts that had nothing in them but ratings for your recipes. They all voted from the same IP (the IP that you yourself use). This is considered ballot stuffing.

24 Likes

daath, two of them are my roommates, one is my brother and the other is a colleague in the same office with me. We certainly share the same pc in our flat and with the other share the same office pc. They all test my recipes and nothing else. They are not mixers. Just vapers that test my recipes and they like them. They did rate some other friend’s recipes that I mix for them. Your conclusion is unsolicited and I’d like to ask you to reconsider.

2 Likes

Just my opinion but ELR is a site for mixers. I dont see any reason for non-mixers to create accounts just to vote on a friends recipes. If they are not here to find recipes to mix for themselves, then like Daath said, it’s just ballot stuffing.

15 Likes

louiesquared, I see what you mean but think that as a way to say “thanks” to the creator for his offer and effort. After all , they tried and liked the recipes. Browsing , the elr recipes I see that A LOT of people that just vote and doesn’t have a single recipe. I don’t see their accounts deleted. Anyway, if ELR doing such checks , then it should try harder and find the real “fake” accounts. When three of my recipes shown in the first page of top rating, suddenly some guy called “endy” with zero activity gave me 1 star to all my recipes. The first recipes had 41 “5 star” rating and 1 “1 star”. At the same time ELR decides that some votes I took , are fake ! I don’t know how this called but I can tell its wrong !

2 Likes

Many times, and in this case, it gets reported here in the forum. Daath, jojo, and Ken do their best cleaning things up.

4 Likes

Endy does have some recipes, they are private.

It happens to all of us, the part that actually bothers me tho is the lack of comment with one star bandits. If someone dislikes it that much i would love to know why so i can use that knowledge in future mixes. Hell, ive even kindly asked a few in private messages but have only ever gotten a couple replies. These replies came from people who meant to “heart”, favorite, the recipe.

So you might want to shoot Endy a nice message asking if this was the case, a mistaken rating. It never hurts to ask. Ive even one stared a couple recipes, these st00pid phones dont work to well with sausage fingers…

15 Likes

Ken_O_WhereKustard King , thanks for your reply. I already did it in a very polite way as I should. No answer of course. I think I have 45+ recipes in the site and I answer every question or comment in every one of them. I believe - as you said - that every creator deserves at least a simple comment when gets a 1 star. rating To me the combination of “1 star” rating to my top 6 recipes from the same person in a few minutes , without a little comment and elr’s deletion of my friends profiles without a notice 2 days later makes me really disappointed. I’m an admin of a diy fb group with 7500 members and I have a clue how to manage situations like these. I made a diy guide in Greek that explains among others things how a newbie should use many of ELR’s features. We encourage our members to use the ELR for their recipes. Daath wasn’t accurate telling that the 4 people rate only me 'cause the rated some other’s recipes too (I mix their recipe for them). Not all the ratings happen from the same IP. I believe you comprehend why I take it personally and I feel insulted.

1 Like

Of the four accounts I deleted none of them had votes for anyone other than you. All of them were using the same IP, and one of them was even using the same password as your personal account.

I’m sorry you feel offended, but the accounts checked all my boxes of being ballot stuffing accounts. We have removed numerous of them in the past.

24 Likes

10 Likes

You must be an Exemplary mixer. I have never seen any mixer that has EVERY recipe rated at 5 stars, all 45 of them. Oh…I think I saw 4 that were only 4 1/2 stars. Amazing, I must check those out.

And the latest got 12 reviews in less than 24 hours, all of them 5 stars. Just since 4:02 yesterday! :dizzy_face:

14 Likes

Sounds like a legend in the (his own) making…

Even the same password. /SMH
Rather telling.

Edit: OK, I couldn’t let it go at just the comment as I did above.
I’ve long been one of the ones that stuck up for just a situation such as what is being claimed above. And I tried my damnedest to refrain from comment on this thread until it became known that even the same password was used on one of the “seemingly unrelated” accounts. But given that, you (@Stafylidis_Vladimiro) just lost every shred of credibility for all of your positions/explanations.
At which point, you’ve earned the ire (and consequences) that you’re receiving in my opinion.
You’re getting off easy.

15 Likes

Yes, I agree. And almost all of the people that gave him 5 stars have all their recipes at 5 stars also. At least the ones that have recipes listed. Maybe we all need to hang with all of them. I bet I could learn something :wink:

11 Likes

im gonna rate all of yours five stars even if i have not made them…yet

4 Likes

https://media.tenor.com/images/cddbc5aed92e465a3ef355b92a94ee64/tenor.gif

10 Likes

You don’t have to R113. If you feel that you wanna try them and like any of them , then rate as you like .

2 Likes

MysticRose as I said I’m an admin in a diy group so many people follow my work and they leave there many comments. If it’s easy for you try one or two and tell me your opinion. I’d like very much to know !

1 Like

It’s not possible to used the same ip . One of these people is my colleague and the ip used is from the company we work. It’s different from my home ip. Another thing ,is that I have often telephone line problems (every two days or so), so I have to reset my modem. I guess every time I get a different ip. How do you see always the same ip (even from my home) ?

1 Like
18 Likes

I see all the IPs used to access the site. I just did a simple analysis… Four accounts using the same IP when rating, and you yourself using that same IP to browse the site around the same time.

8 Likes