Deleted Recipes

I accidently deleted a few of my recipes is there anyway i can get them back?

2 Likes

maybe @daath can recuperate them from backup?

2 Likes

If there is anything anyone can do i will be forever grateful. I was trying to tidy up my recipe list i share with friends and delete 3 of their favourite recipes they had worked months on :frowning: I try to copy from one folder to another and it wasnt working. Then all of a sudden it had copied them like 8 times so i deleted them all but one copy but now they are gone from my entire account.

3 Likes

Whats was the recipes names? And was them private or public?

2 Likes

Jaffa Cake, Snickers and Dinner Lady. They were private im pretty sure.

2 Likes

I was trying with google cache but I couldn’t find somethink. Probable was private, I think only Daath maybe can help with that.

2 Likes

In theory they could be restored from a backup, but it is pretty time consuming.

5 Likes

If there is anyway at all, please, this would mean the world to me. They weren’t my recipes and i fear my friends are going to be extremely mad at me. We make juice for all our friends and those 3 are the most popular recipes. Happy to donate or something for the time it would take. I can’t express how important this is to me as they spent months fine tuning those recipes and have no backup anywhere. I don’t even know why they were deleted in the first place. As i said i tried to copy them to a new folder and it wasn’t working them bam i had 36 recipes (8 of each) the same in my folder so i deleted 7 of them and left one of each but now they are completely gone. I double and even triple checked that i was leaving one of each to make sure they weren’t deleted i honestly don’t know what happened. They have been in my account for over a year and a half. I also message you on Discord so sorry to hassle you it’s just they weren’t mine.

4 Likes

Recipes restored :slight_smile:

For reference, in the “My recipes”, the “Move to folder” moves recipe from one folder to the other. Copy makes a copy of the same recipe in the new folder. When you choose “delete” it actually deletes all copies of the recipe (it should say that in the warning before it is deleted). :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Thank you again, and i just realized my terrible mathematics skills. I think i had 36 recipes in a folder after the move lol not 36 copies. @daath you are an absolute legend. Thank you so much

9 Likes

This just shows why ELR is the very best on the internet. :star_struck:
Much love!

12 Likes

Dittos @anon28032772, and @daath.

11 Likes

Indeed! :grinning: There is just such an opportunity at your fingertips.

Supporting ELR with a donation (yearly) is the least any user can do. :wink:

12 Likes

umm. does this mean that there is no way to just delete surplus copies? odd.

3 Likes

You just mark them in the folder they are and click “Remove from folder” :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Who’s da man? Who’s DA FUKKIN MAN!! :sunglasses:
@inevias Glad you got them back. You sounded really stressed man!

8 Likes

Same. I feel deeply relieved for you! Also @inevias, i’d be seriously thinking of making back-up copies off-site, if i were you. though that probably goes without saying.

4 Likes

@inevias

4 Likes

Cheers guys. @daath is a total legend. Yeah me and a few friends are parting ways and they were their recipes and i felt horrible about it all. I have now downloaded the csv files and will use an offline calculator now too. Thank you so much for all the help everyone, and i was actually looking for that calculator. I used it before a reinstall and couldn’t remember what it was called but i hadn’t imported anything to it. Thanks again everyone.

6 Likes

There’s a better one…

3 Likes