Deliberately down-voting recipes?

I am NOT in favor of retaliation, but you can see who rates your recipes. If you click on the blue wrench and click ratings it will show all the people that have rated and what they rated it as.

7 Likes

It is almost impossible to retaliate anyway cause most of the down voters havenā€™t got a single (public) recipe to their name. Can I one star their profile? Oh please, pretty please :sunglasses:

4 Likes

ideas for @daath may be to move the star rating down on the comment, if the comment contains no text the user canā€™t star rate the recipe. or if a user has never put a positive rating donā€™t allow that user to rate anything. As I have mentioned before though a similar problem exists in the single flavor average where many users suggest 1% to reduce the average. to get a more realistic average there all the lowest and highest % (outliers) need to be removed and only average the remaining more realistic values.

but I cant type now iā€™m busy with a counter strike operation.

1 Like

I do. And I refer to it as ā€œstick measuringā€ if you get the drift.

My suspicion is these are almost exclusively males, and the type man who if he attains a level of affluence in life, will also dye their grey hair, drive a Hummer, Bugatti, Ferrari or Bentley, and if given a choice between a free Jamaican vacation at a nude beach or posing nude for a collegiate art class, would choose to go Marlin fishing. These are the guys who stuff their pants with rolled up socks and God forbid they go bald too, will spend their retirement on Bosley.

If they donā€™t end up making money in life, they will often become wife beaters and gay bashers.

So next time you see this downgrading schmuck in action, donā€™t get mad. Just picture an insecure little man who wonā€™t have relations with his wife unless the lights are off.

12 Likes

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmy! hahaa I spit my coffee all over my keyboard.

5 Likes

Is it really so competitive? My one measly single flavor recipe I only made public and rated for the sake of really new people, like newer than me, to know itā€™s okay by itself. My son LOVED IT and I was justā€¦eh, pleasant enough to vape. Should I be getting a complex?

1 Like

Or

8 Likes

For me it isnā€™t a competitive thing, I am really new and just making it into my first actual blends or recipes. As I did all the research mixing steeping for the single flavors I had, Iā€™d post them just hoping someone newer than me would get some use. Along comes the haters or hater and 1 stars every one of my recipes without a comment. It hurt my feelings and I immediately pulled all my recipes that didnā€™t have any comments. I looked at that users page and found he didnā€™t even have a recipe posted to downgrade. The comments he left were:
http://tjek.nu/r/61D0 , yesterday, at 19:52
"it sucks though"
http://tjek.nu/r/57Gf , yesterday, at 21:41
"single flavor ā€œrecipeā€ and personally I donā€™t fancy Grape Candy at 16%, thatā€™s why I rate this recipe 1 star. Sorry"
Then when I confronted him he suckered me into saying things I usually wouldnā€™t and I got in trouble for it instead of him. Personally I thought I was doing pretty good finding single flavor % for my flavors, now me thinks I may be the only one who ever knows.
It might be good to have a no ratings possible for single flavor recipes
or an option to check a box to allow ratings and comments so I could turn that off
also would be cool if single flavor recipes get sorted to that flavors page, but of course that would be slammed with the 1% recipes also.
I donā€™t think its a competitive thing my feelings just got hurt

Oh, I see those comments. Itā€™s not constructive, just hate as others have said. Being new as well I can see how such a harsh person could make you feel self conscious. I try to keep my goal in sight, that Iā€™m not trying to be a master mixologist, just trying to make something vapable to save money. If I find a handful of single flavors that work for me, I will share them. So far itā€™s just the one which I only shared because my son loves it so much, I really didnā€™t, lol. I have a few that I know I will love, just trying to find the right % and steep times for but itā€™s slow testing for me using tanks. Us newbie single flavor lovers should stick together my friend! It seems a few of the vets have your back too. Itā€™ll be okay.

1 Like

I have 3 ELR users that have done that. Just another hurdle to move past. Kreed Kustard is so good it is hated. lol
Props to you.

To me it really goes against loving the mix.

It hurts at first, then I just looked at all the ones that loved it and comment such kind words.

And on a recent one another user spoted them downrating it moments after release, so they got called out. The community will protect you when you have good intentions I have found over the last weeks.

But I figure I rate it as a 5 so at least one 1 vote will just even it out. I rate them how I like them with my rating to track recipe successes.

4 Likes

I would take those comments with a grain of saltā€¦ the person has no posted recipes of their ownā€¦ it looks like they are just trolling you.

1 Like

When you find your preferred % for single flavors, you enter that info in the flavor profile page. It gets added to the Flavor List, so people will see your notes and percents. Just make sure, for example, youā€™re entering into the same ā€œRed Touch (FA)ā€ as everyone else, and not creating a ā€œnewā€ flavor with a different spelling variation.

2 Likes

OK Iā€™ll try that even though I find that list to be plagued with 1% inaccuracies that drive the median down and did not work for me. What did work was mixing many 10ml bottles in 1% increments between the suggested median and 2X the suggested median, steeping, tasting, discarding and redoing the experiments above and below the percent that seemed right. once I found the one that worked I figured I would post it so someone else may have a more accurate start point, and be able to benefit from my research and experimentation.
Iā€™d bet the same users that hate everything also claim 1% to be their suggested single flavor recommendation.

2 Likes

Have seen this on chinese forums as well. People downvote reviews just because they dont like you.

Never understood what is gained by that for the person is not paid for writing reviews, nor gains any special status.
But it hurts innocent buyers.
Have long given up why people do what they do.

Sorry to hear it takes place here as well.

3 Likes

LOVE IT:joy:

2 Likes

Tell @daath about daath fixes everything, well unless @JoJo does it first. lol
Itā€™s too bad anyone would want to do that. IMHO if they get caught they should be drawn and quartered or kicked off the forum at the very least.

2 Likes