DelosiLabs (Nicbase)

Hello everyone!

I used to DIY a few years ago but quit vaping and got rid of everything (dumb mistake). I decided to purchase freebase and salt nic from Nicbase but jesus the salt nic feels like a razor blade to the back of my throat.

Just wondering if anyone else shares the same experience

Thank you

5 Likes

Salt nic shouldn’t do that. The key feature of it is its smoothness. I suspect two things: it’s highly oxidized (what color is it?) or it isn’t salt nic.

5 Likes

I agree with @natbone that it’s odd but I’ve seen a few cutting corners in the US on nicotine supply leading up to the regulation change. Here are a few threads on getting decent nicotine over there - if you search. I’m UK based, so didn’t bookmark any.

5 Likes

Thank you @natbone

The color is crystal clear similar to the freebase i received. The difference between the two is that the salt nic has a different odor

3 Likes

What is the difference? I generally only spot an odd difference where salt nicotine smells ‘colder’ compared to freebase.

3 Likes

Thanks @SquirrelSmash
Unfortunately our options are limited but I will contact NicBase and see what’s up. If nothing, I’ll just count my losses and stick to freebase

4 Likes

The odor on salt nic is more pungent

3 Likes

Which kind of salt is it? I only find Malate to have a strong scent: It’s a tad like chlorinated water.

But, I have a sensitive nose.

3 Likes

Is it a strong odor? In my experience as I’ve been using salts for almost 4 years from various vendors, is that salt shouldn’t have much of an odor at all. Freebase will always have more of an odor. I’ve found that when nic oxidizes the smell increases.

5 Likes

Don’t give up on salt from this. Try to get a smaller amount from another vendor.

3 Likes

Delosi Labs and said they use levulnic acid for their salts

3 Likes

Its not too strong of an odor but it is a prominent one.
I talked to Delosi Labs and they provided great customer service. They’re going to look over the batch that was sent to me to see if the pH was off or if something went wrong during the process of bottling. They use CNT nicotine but sometimes they have to use a different one if they don’t have any which may cause the irritation.

If it does not work out I will try CXTC salts, the prices is what steered me away

5 Likes

Interesting @Ceferinooo. I ordered some, can’t personally vape Salts, but have some friends who do. Will have to check with them.

Abstract

Introduction: Many electronic cigarette manufacturers have begun offering liquids containing “nicotine salts,” which are formed when an acid is mixed in a solution with free-base nicotine. Type of salt could play a significant role in the abuse liability of electronic cigarette liquids. As a first step to understanding nicotine salts, this study sought to identify the types of acids present in 23 commercially available electronic cigarette liquids.

Results: Six of the 11 possible acids were identified in the liquids, from most to least common: lactic, benzoic, levulinic, salicyclic, malic, and tartaric acid. Acid(s) could not be identified in one of the liquids. Though most liquids contained only one type, three of the liquids contained multiple acids.

Implications: This study demonstrates that at least six different types of acids are being used to create the nicotine salts in electronic cigarette liquids, with the acids lactic, benzoic, and levulinic being the most frequently identified. Identification of these acids can serve as the foundation for future research to determine if type of nicotine salt alters pharmacological and toxicological effects of electronic cigarettes.

5 Likes

So they are looking for no positive effects only negative?
If they are only looking for the negative effect of acids on liquid nicotine it tells me it is predetermined study. I have to ask who’s paying for the study’s?

5 Likes

It’s good to hear that. Delosi has a decent reputation and I’m sure they’ll do what they can.

5 Likes

My salts from Delosi are smooth but are a darker yellow. Did a test and they are fine so will be using them.

6 Likes

Thanks for that @Letitia, as I haven’t cracked mine open yet. Too bad we can’t titrate Salts hehe. What temp are you using yours at, as I just took my 50/50 out of the freezer, to fridge, prepping to shake, shake, shake, and break down. I had wished they had offered 100% PG Salts, but, …

3 Likes

Mine are vg based and unfortunately the temps spiked up the week they mailed so that probably accounts for the color. I mixed a tester at my usual 9mg and didn’t find myself jonesing. Lol
I vape in power mode 27.3w with a ss tricore fc 0.32.

4 Likes

Do you store IN the freezer ?? 100% VG ?? How do you really get it mixed ?? Even the 50/50 is thick, even when chilled in the fridge. I use it only for customers, and live by my regular 100%PG Freebase.

2 Likes

Froze one liter and using the other liter. I poured about 200ml (stirred it) out and shook the liter then put put the 200ml back and shook again. Once diluted my mix was only a very pale yellow. The color honestly doesn’t bother me; salts generally color quickly after being exposed to light and warmth. I don’t notice any change in flavor or strength. That being said I’ve been at 9mg for several years now and doubt I would notice a mild drop in strength.

4 Likes