Diabetes low sugars

Hi
Does anyone know of low sugar recipes for Diabetics as My Dr wants me to be careful and not have sweet flavors.
Thanks for your help
Tim

6 Likes

there are no actual sugars in vape juice to my knowledge. just sweeteners (various ones). Real sugar would destroy your coils in three puffs or so

3 Likes

here is a conversation i started awhile ago… My mother is diabetic and b4 she switched to vaping we took some of my flavors into her doctor and explained the process. There is no reason to be worried about vaping these flavors it wont raise your blood sugar levels at all

by the way her doctor thought maybe vaping some of the desert types may help any sweet tooths and steer away any cravings of certain foods … Something i was supposed to report back to him but never did

8 Likes

Forgot to mention that i’m diabetic as well and no juice I vaped (and super sweet is a staple flavor in mine) ever raised my blood sugar.

In fact, vaping sweet juices satisfies my cravings for sweets :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Confirmed here as well.
I lost over 35 pounds in the first couple of months when I quit cigarettes and started vaping. I was shocked at the unexpected side effect. Pleasantly of course. lol

8 Likes

thats awesome well done

6 Likes

:rofl: ermm that was almost three years ago bro… :thinking: :wink:

5 Likes

Hi Thanks for the help

5 Likes

Interesting @fidalgo_vapes as I was actually wondering that. I’ve heard stories of the body responding to artificial sweeteners (foods and drinks) as if it WAS sugar, and wondered if the same would hold true for vaping. Interesting, thank you.

5 Likes

Yw I had to test everything , my concern for my mother and a friends father is what made me go the extra mile , the doctor thought i was crazy when i brought a box of flavors lmao , i brought him everything from MF to FW yellow cake anything that may be questioned .

6 Likes

Even if there was some form of real sugar in the liquid, then further assuming that it would be absorbed through lung tissue into the bloodstream, the amount consumed would be so minimal that it would not increase your blood glucose levels. The only way switching to vaping could possibly do this is with the common increase in food intake which comes from stopping smoking, so indirect.

7 Likes

I use bakery and dessert flavored vapes to keep me away from the real stuff as well. While I’m not diabetic(yet), I’m sure that had I continued on my path I would have been. Still need to lose a load of fat, but at least I’ve stopped contributing to the ol’ spare tire!

5 Likes

I know of some folks with low a low blood sugar condition where the taste of sweetness will trigger insulin production and give them problems. In their cases it doesn’t have to be “sugar” or rapidly digested substances to influence the condition.

6 Likes

When I quit smoking about 7 years ago, I didn’t smoke for almost two years, and gained around 20kg.

This time around I quit smoking with a vape, and i keep losing weight steadily. Right now i’m actually at my lowest weight in the last 15 years

6 Likes

Check my sweetener topic… I’m looking into that topic as well… I’m mixing my first erythritol/VG Mix tonight and gonna test mixing with it in the next few days. It’s a simple sugar alcohol like Xylitol but has a higher chemical stability on high temperatures. As far as I’m reading it has a slight cooling effect while using it in a watery/glycolic solution.

2 Likes