Diacetyl Exposure from Vaping is 750 Times Lower than from Smoking

I had previously read that cigs had 100 times more diacetyl than ejuice but 750? Dayyuummnn!

I really have zero concern over this BS now. I’ll vape as much custard as I damn well please :sunglasses:

CLICK ME

7 Likes

Wonder about all the flavors folks have rejected or substituted for that reportedly contained Diacetyl. I also wonder about the percentages of other harmful chemicals in flavors when compared to the chemicals in smoking.

1 Like

Buteric acid never sounded much better to me anyways

4 Likes

To be honest after smoking 2 to 3 packs a day for most of 46 years, welding, cutting metals and grinding metal all my adult life I just ain’t worried about anything in my vape.
Until they have scientific proof vaping is worse than smoking I will continue vaping as I please. The proof that it is better for you than smoking is in my medical records.

3 Likes

Consider the source of the bad press vaping has, is and will get more of. BIG TOBACCO and BIG PHARMA that is losing BILLIONS of dollars of revenue to vaping as more and more people RUN from tobacco use and see the success rate of vaping as a smoking alternative. The powers that be could give a hairy rats asshole about public health and are concerned with one thing only; MONEY!
We Americans have become such pussies. In just about any other country in the ‘free world’ social injustice at this level is met with rioting and gunfire!

You are likely to NEVER see any TRUTH about vaping ever seeing the light of day in mainstream media outlets with exception, Fox News! Several of the peeps there vape, have vaped or are planning to in order to quit smoking. Good on FOX! PooPoo on the rest.

3 Likes

Sounded or smelled. I cant get passed the vomit smell, depending on the flavoring but not at all in custard.

2 Likes

Some of the loudest opponents to some flavorings and vaping in general are from Southern California

5 Likes

I have done some welding in my years; MIG, TIG, Stick, Oxy-Fuel, you name it… and let me tell ya, the particulate that comes off of molten metal is no damn joke. Two words… metal snot… I used to come home and have to scrap that junk off of everywhere. It was in my ears, nose and even my eyes; felt like I had sandpaper eyelids. Not to mention coal miners and many other blue-collar jobs… Where’s the “fear campaign” on that? …Nope, me neither, never saw that… Guess there’s no profit in it :angry:

@SthrnMixer , Yea, its ironic that that they fear-monger the hell out of vaping but ya go outside and can’t even see two blocks down the road because of all the pollution. It would almost be comical if it weren’t so sad…

3 Likes

Amen. I feel the same way. Come from a similar environment.

1 Like

Many believe it is worst than Diacetyl. I believe TFA is removing it from their Flavorings…

2 Likes

I am one of those many

2 Likes

Vapers aka ex-smokers get spooked very easily when so called experts speak about the dangers of vaping. Vaping is the only thing that saved most of us sickness and death… but still many question vaping. When I see some actual dangers (vapers dying or falling ill), I’ll keep vaping whatever I like as long as I like. I threw caution to the wind a long time ago and my vape experiences has been great.

4 Likes

Read years ago that living in LA was 4x more likely to give lung cancer than smoking in rural areas. Course if they admit that then they would be the ones getting sued. Mis-direct and blame

1 Like

I tend to think of it as tax and regulate the competition out of business.

2 Likes

i still believe there could be a big difference between combusting diacetyl in comparison to vaporising it.

I agree. Question - in what application would someone be burning it?

A cigarette, maybe even a cigar or pipe tobacco. Is there diacetyl in, uh huh, weed?

Oh I see, lost it somewhere in the conversation. Thanks for setting me straight.

Totally agree having smoked 2 to 3 packs a day for 46 years Caution went out the window many moons ago.

3 Likes

Read an article today, I have dumped out so many flavorings. As a 20+ year smoker, in the words of Neil Young, Damage Done. I’m careful about buying Diacetyl, etc, free, but seriously less concerned now. Fell for the fear based propaganda, damn.