Difference between mixing freebase and salts

is there a difference between mixing freebase and mixing nic salts? Someone asked me to mix some nice salts which I have no experience with at all I have always just vaped freebase nicotine. So is the % of VG and PG same as freebase or does that change?

8 Likes

The percentage of PG/VG is more related to device in this instance. The main difference (as far as I am aware) between freebase and salts is the throat hit from each. Salt are meant to have less throat hit allowing for a stronger MG to be used. It is recommended more for MTL/Pods at high percentages but can be used in sub ohm at lower strength. For the PG/VG, find out what device they are using the juice in and what ratio their current juice is. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

so I’ve been using my guar 21 with falcon 2 tank and vaping freebase at 65watts…is this even right? Im so confused mabye ive been vaping wrong this whole time I’ve only been vaping since jan this year. Plz let me know also i use alot of different devices one being freemax twister with fireluke tank vaping at 50 to 60 watt with freebase is that wrong? Hummmm…I wonder if.im vaping alot cuz im not getting my.fix

5 Likes

I have never used salts. And i only vape 3mg now…

5 Likes

No, what you are doing is fine @ladycrooks. You are possibly vaping a lot because it’s a habit, that’s my reason. I vape a lot more than other people seem to, but I was a chain smoker too so I just figure that it’s just a mental addiction thing. I only use freebase and started out 3 years ago at 18 mg but am now down to 1.5 mg.

8 Likes

Adding salts to a blend can be treated the same as adding freebase. You just have to remember that it can lead to a stronger hit and be coil killer. I rely on malate salt blends in the morning to give me the hit I need to start the day.

Oh well done on using a Gaur.

4 Likes

Oh I should add a safety note on the Gaur: The pin on the 18650 battery sheath has a habit of popping out so check them, if you use them.

4 Likes

I figured out something I am doing wrong…I have these kanthal coils for freemax tanks the tx2 ones and ive been trying all kinds of tem control settings that are basically useless for this type of coil. Because it apparently doesn’t have a temp setting. So here I am ducking my battery life dry for at least a month since ive got these new mods the ursa quest and ive been cranking my freemax fireluke 3 tank with this kanthal coil in it on tc mode for ss904 or ive tried ni which I know is wrong but ive done it anyway n getting either burnt or no hits. Ugh. What the fuck these tea fiber coils good for then? Why they even a thing? N I don’t build much yet I barely use my rdas which I know is better. I just want to get.1 thing at a time. Plus I still can’t get.ohms law right I don’t entirely trust myself there yet
…so much to learn…still wow!

4 Likes

You possibly need to just slow down, relax and take your time with each aspect of what you are doing. Running Kanthal on TC is not only pointless but totally the wrong thing. Each TC setting is specifically set for each type of wire, using it on a different wire can have detrimental effects on the coil itself.

Kanthal is purely wattage. The coils should have recommended wattage on them which are appropriate for that coil. I would tend to stay within them, it doesn’t really matter if you go lower than recommended so long as it’s not by a lot, but don’t go above. I have found for custards the lower end of recommended wattage works well so it doesn’t “boil” the juice so much, but experiment for your own taste.

When you get to doing your own coils, don’t be scared. You seem to only use regulated mods so you have a bit of leeway to play with. There is always more to learn, especially since you are doing so many new things at the same time, but don’t stress, don’t panic and keep asking questions.

You will get there, we all started somewhere…

5 Likes

Thanks that gives me hope… I have a new apocalypse rda on its way to go with my juggernaut 2 and my profile I have to learn more …I want to use them…

4 Likes

You can either mix it 50/50 vg pg for low powered eciggs,refillable pod syestems etc but I make mine at 70/30 because I vape 15 mg salt and use it in my higher watt mods,Rtas, etc at 55-65Watts but 50 mg or even 35mg salts I wouldnt vape over 30watts therefore 60/40 I find works in little pod eciggs and and 40 watt pod mods but if I’m vaping higher watts than that u don’t need as much mg salt nic cause the higher u push the watts the more effect the nic has hence why they say not to vape 35,50 mg in a sub ohm at 90w it can be dangerous so I found the perfect medium at 15 mg,55Watts 70/30.My Girlfriend uses a Novo 2 which 60/40 seems to work fine -25 mg which feels like 50 mg to me(maybe shelf bought 50 mg ,they get cheap n only make it 40 mg lol) just seems like this homemade salt nic has a lil more pop .Even when I vaped 50mg shelf bought,my first Diy I made at 25 mg and just seemed equally as strong to me and still does compared to these 5% disposeables,puff bars in fact juul seems to be only ont that really has 50 full mg

3 Likes

ok well I am oblivious to those ratios for what I normally use i have a freemax maxus I seem to love lately I vape DL always have I didn’t known there was MTL when I started but I just vape whatever my coil tells me to so my maxus is 0.2 ohm and 60-90 watts so I go 65-72 usually unless I’m known to play with my settings then I really don’t have a clue what I’m doing where would you put your ratios? Also I use my vandyvape.guar 21.n ive had this apocalypse rda on it and I really don’t know where.the.hell I should have that set at 38 to 40 watts seems to be working…anyway what do you think?

4 Likes

You can vape salt nic like another freebase if you DIY it.I wouldn’t vape 25-50 mg in antnything abouve a pod or pod pod at 25 Watts as its not only stronger but thinner but if you make it yourself like me i just make it at 9-12 mg at normal 70/30 or 60/40…thats the misconception with salt nic cause off the shelf they sell such high mg-25mg n up.But if you make it 3,6,9,12 like freebase its great minus the harshness so i just do that and use it in all my atomizers.Its doesn’t hurt your coils or anything like some people think.Its just dangerous vaping 25-35 50 mg at 80watts but that’s what’s great about DIY.10 mg salt for me is perfect n keeps me from chain vaping the 3mg standard ejuice I was using.10 mg at 45-50W is my notch and I take 3 -4 drags ever 10 mins n keeps me honest lol.Good flav,Big clouds, Strong but not dizzy level…happy camper doing this over 2 yrs :yum::grin:

2 Likes