Difficulty vaping DIY, but not store bought?

Ok, so been vaping the new pH 6.5 batch for about 2 hours now. Throat feels mostly fine… a little numb weirdly though. I may not be drinking enough water, so I’m going to try that.

I can’t taste this flavor much. 1% seems too low, but my previous attempt got up to about 6-8% and it was still a pretty weak flavor. May try next batch with a premade mix I know the flavor amount.

3 Likes

So, at pH 6.5 on the old one, and a new one I did at pH 6.4 (different flavors to test if that was a factor), this is what I have noticed.

When I first wake up and start vaping, my throat does get a little irritated. But pretty soon after, as I continue vaping, it’s like this numbing effect takes over. I can feel that my throat is still a bit irritated, but my throat also feels like I have been sucking on a numbing cough drop. It’s weird. It’s not uncomfortable, and is pretty similar to how I feel when vaping the store brand stuff.

I’m going to mix another flavor today, and test how that goes. So far I have been going fruity, so I may try something less fruity.

2 Likes

Note to self and others. pH meters are not big fans of viscous liquids. I sometimes have gotten wildly varying pH readings when mixing and adding the Malic acid. I realized that this is likely because the bubbles that get introduced when shaking the juice to mix it mess with the pH meter.

I am now only stir mixing to make sure bubbles are not introduced. You have to stir for a whiiiiillllleeee. I stir until the eliquid becomes clear again. I have found doing this that the weird pH readings have gone away.

2 Likes

@SquirrelSmash - I think you have a winner winner chicken dinner. I have been vaping for several days with DIY between pH 6.3 - 6.5. I have very mild throat irritation at times, but most of the time my throat feels like I have been sucking on a cough drop. Mixing is kind of a PITA, because getting the pH right can be tricky.

Now… here is the next step: I need to get my DIY to taste good. I’ve been trying lower (like 0.5-3%) flavor mixes, but most of these have barely any flavor to me compared to the store bought stuff. Like I tried my TFA Blueberry extra, and really all I could taste was the PG and VG.

1 Like