Diluting and adding flavor concetrate

Hello, I’m new to this mixing thing and I’ve been doing some mixes with the calculator but one thing i don’t really get is when to dilute or add more flavor to the mix.

For example yesterday I mix a 60ml bottle of full moon just fruit red at 10% but it doesn’t taste that good. So I took a empty bottle of 10ml add 8ml of the mix and another 2ml of base to dilute it and see if it would taste better, it does taste a bit better but lacks some flavor at the exale.
Now I’m not sure how many drops should I add to that 10ml bottle to make it more flavored but not to be at the original 10%.
Also when I’m happy with the flavor I’m not gonna know the percentage of flavor concentrate I’ve used in this 10ml bottle since it’s a mix of a mix with some added drops…

Hopefully this is not to hard for you guys to understand what I’m trying to say.
Thanks for your help.

3 Likes

Id definitely wait more then a day to decide if it needs more or less. When you start to get a knack for it and want to adjust “on the fly” like u described w/o using a scale it would help if you knew what the average weight of your dropper/pippete is. This way when u think for example this needs 1% more you know how many drops to add to get you close enuff to taste but again thats a rough estimate how it gets changed and would wait several days too. Gl to u!

5 Likes

Yes, I’m letting the 60ml bottle sit for about a week.
I’m just using the 10ml to taste test the concentrate and see at what % it tastes.
That’s exactly what I need to know, how many mg of the concetrate is 1%

By adding the 2ml of base to the 8ml mix (making a 10ml bottle) I should have a 8% flavor juice if I’m not wrong now I want to add 1% at a time to see the taste changes

At 8% I can taste the pineapple and some red fruits but nothing at the exale and at 10% it’s pretty much just red fruits, I’m trying to figure it out if I need more or less flavoring to get a pineapple taste with a hint of red berries

Btw the concentrate it’s supposed to be pineapple red berries and mango.

4 Likes

My first thought is to let the new diluted mix steep for a few days and then test it. The unflavored base needs to steep with the flavored mix it was added to. Your back of the exhale note may come back then.

3 Likes

Ok so for the future I’ll just make 2ml batches with various flavor % and let them sit for a few days to really get the best results out of them and then decide the best % to take note for future large mixes. Got it, thanks

2 Likes

I would suggest 10ml batches so you have enough to judge optimal steep time and possible fade restrictions. If you are testing with a rda 10ml should last 12 weeks for tasting at different stages.

3 Likes

That’s the thing… I have a renova zero pod system. I manage to take the pod apart and change the cotton but it’s really hard to taste test stuff with this xD
that’s why I said a 2 ml testers Wich is the pod capacity

3 Likes

If you can find it in your budget, it seems to me that a rebuildable MTL setup would be more efficient. I think this would give you a fairly similar/comparable vape experience, but be much easier to rewick for testing.

2 Likes

Why can’t you mix 10ml sfts and use them at different stages? Do you actually mix in the pod?

2 Likes

Ofc I don’t mix it in the pod
Usually make 10ml bottles to test

2 Likes

Apologies, read a post and thought you meant mixing 2ml sft.

2 Likes

Wait…you’re adding 8ml flavor with 2ml base to a 10ml bottle. That would give you 80% total flavor. If that’s correct then you’re over-flavoring.

3 Likes

No, the 8ml is already mixed (from a 60 ml bottle 50/50 10% flavor)I just added more base to dilute the flavor percentage.

2 Likes

So it sounds like you just take the original flavor % and multiply by 20%. Subtract the result from the original to get the new flavor %.

Flav_NEW% = Flav_ORIG% - (Flav_ORIG% X .20)

This can be done for each of the flavors used or for the combined base.

3 Likes

Batch total = 10% flavor
Batch total = 6ml flavor

Flav_NEW = 6ml - (1.2ml)

Flav_NEW = 4.8ml

2 Likes

OK. I misread your post. :confused:

4 Likes