Discussion on Flavor Revolution. Info? Thoughts?

Did not see a tasting notes thread for flavor revolution, so I figured I would start one. Just got my first four flavors from them today.

If anyone has some thoughts on them, please put them in here. Hoping this company will be a good addition to our collections.

I have Blue Raspberry, Graham Cracker, Mango, and Watermelon. They say to use them around 2% as they are very concentrated, but I am going to start at 3%, just in case.

Will leave my notes here as soon as I get some put together.

14 Likes

testing sweet strawberry soon was curious about this line , any thoughts so far?

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, if they recommend 2% why would you start at 3%? Wonā€™t doing that skew the results of what they are promoting?

3 Likes

Because if they are recommending 2%, I am assuming this a recommendation for using as an ingredient in a mix. When testing a flavor as a single flavor mix, you generally need a bit more for it to stand strong on its own . You will notice in the flavor section that flavor percentages are generally higher on the Single flavor recommendations side than they are on the Percentages in recipes side. I doubt going from 2-3% will cause any muting or off taste. Did you purchase any?

@circutbreaker
Interested to hear your results. Too early to have any definitive thoughts but I am liking what I have smelled and tasted so far. The watermelon is different from others that I have tasted and is candy-like. The mango is not too floral and has a good sweetness to it. Blue Raspberry has been kind of a letdown, did not smell very strong out of the bottle but I am withholding judgment until it steeps. Graham Cracker smells great! Has a creamy/ chocolate/ marshmallow nuance to it that I cannot put my finger on but that may be the sweet aspect that is supposed to be the sugar granules on top of a graham cracker.

5 Likes

Nah. I am pretty flush on flavors atm. I was just wondering your process of testing and why.

2 Likes

Damn! I was totally hoping other veterans would be testing these. Any that you have your eye on? I was much more keen on giving these a try rather than something like Wonder Flavors or Molinberry since Nicotine River was willing to put them in their flavor collection.

2 Likes

I am certainly no veteran, but thank you for the compliment.

I am hung up on Purlium and RF flavors with some new FA flavors thrown in. Other than that testing new brands has been very limited.

Looking forward to your results though.

5 Likes

@Pentine - Thanks for posting this thread. Considering they are a company that also makes flavor concentrates for the food industry - Iā€™m hoping that these flavor concentrates specifically made for the vape industry is good as well.

3 Likes

Apparently there were specialized for the vape industry:

2 Likes

To clear up any confusion, commenting on your tagged post

They are affiliated with companies that have 25+ experience in the food industry. However, Flavor Revolution (Which is a separate company) is 100% dedicated to the vaping industry.

All in all, they work with food industry flavor manufacturers but their goal is flavorings for vaping.

Hope that helps anyone :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Given we now have 10 posts (11 including my 0.02Ā¢ worth), without a single reviewā€¦ It makes me wonder if it was a good idea to start an ā€œanticipationā€ thread.

Perhaps it might have been better to have simply let nature take its course, and let whoever posts the first reviews actually create the thread. Crazy. I know. Just food for thought.

7 Likes

completely kidding to those who seen my post

3 Likes

Perhaps someone could re-title this* to something along the lines of ā€œCanā€™t wait for FR reviews to start rolling in!ā€ or some such, that way we donā€™t have so much clutter in the beginning of the thread that might lead folks to be less interested in wading through all this to get to the ā€œmeat and potatoesā€? :wink:

*though, I can re-title, Iā€™ll not take the liberty, in hopes of seeing where the community/mods stand.

3 Likes

So, I like to stay within certain companies for flavors, but finally decided to try out Flavor Revolution, Ripe Banana. It was the only flavor I got so far, but I plan on getting many more. The suggested is 2%, but I actually tested this at 0.25 and 0.50 as single, and 0.25, 0.50, 0.75, and finally 1% in several batches of a pudding recipe. I have to say it is awesome. Bare with me, Iā€™m not good with flavor notes, I tend to gush if itā€™s something I like. Itā€™s not candy-like, and itā€™s not an ethereal green ripened flavor. Itā€™s soft, like the outer white flesh of a banana, but creamy and golden like the center as well. I have been through FA, INW (Shisha Banana), TPA (Ripe and Cream), and this really shines above them all. If you like banana, and want a more authentic banana, this is a great buy. Itā€™s certainly potent though, 0.25% still stood out in a pudding recipe nicely. Itā€™s a sweet, golden, ripe banana, and damn yummy at that.

11 Likes

@Silhouette since you have the first actual notes (at least that Iā€™ve seen)ā€¦
You should have the honor of starting the ā€œFlavor Revolution Tasting Notesā€ thread!! :thumbsup:

(If nothing else, just copy/paste your post from here to it, so it doesnā€™t get buried and lost among the idle chit-chat!)

3 Likes

I shall do that now :smiley:, Iā€™ll try to clear up my notes a little, Iā€™m just not great at the whole ā€˜subjective tastingā€™ thing.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s subjective!
I thought you did just fine!

3 Likes