DIY Downunder Vs The Fog Vlog Mix Off

Over the last 6 weeks I have been involved in a mix off competition against The Fog Vlog and while we did not win some very nice recipes came out of the comp. The format was quite difficult 2 teams of 6 collaborating on the mix, which made it super hard for both teams. With only 4 days to come up with the recipe and test it (not much steep time so generally flavours that were used have a short steep)

Adding to the difficulty level time zones, stash contents and different mixing styles which, as you can imagine all had a bearing on the outcome.

The format consisted of each Facebook group voting on a profile that was put up in a poll. The first round was fruit

TFV took the lead with a simple mix bending Acai Flv into chocolate.

DIYDU put up a fantastic Peach recipe but unfortunately lost the round.

Round two the profile was pudding where DIYDU took the honours with a unique combo of rose and raspberry,

The TFV guys put up a very good mix with really difficult profile to nail.

The final round was decided last night and TFV took the set and the match with the profile being Small pastry

DIYDU concocted a berry-filled pastry pocket with hints of chocolate & cinnamon

Congrats to TFV on the win and thanks to the judges Fresh03, Emily (mlnikon) and Shyndo for your time and effort - next time we will make sure the bribes are bigger :crazy_face::laughing::laughing:

19 Likes

That was fun to watch , oh boy Pippa got a little salty lmao… Good times though

7 Likes

It was an absolute honor to mix and collaborate with you @woftam. This experience not only created 6 rocking recipes, but also brought together 2 communities of DIY and mixers from all over the world. Just a fabulous experience and team building experience as well. I must admit, as relieved I am that it is over, i miss our time of collaboration on recipes. It was priceless! My aim is to always try and learn something new, and working with you @woftam, @DayTimeFrank, @Pippa, @MECH_MOD_RN, @Benoz, and @Dank11 I more than learned something new. I gained great knowledge and new techniques. Much love and appreciation to you all.
Tam Vapes.

12 Likes

Likewise @TamVapes it is easy to get stuck in your own mixing bubble it was great (albeit very hard) to collaborate and get out of a comfort zone and hear new and different ideas.

10 Likes

This is so true … One of the reasons I started watching some of the YT streams , and then I found out how cool a lot of them are (the people) so I stayed …

9 Likes

God this was hard lol I even tho I have helped a little I am yet to mix any of these comp recipes but I definitely want to try the rose as it really interested me.

5 Likes