Diy e juice with nicotine salts for pods

http://tjek.nu/r/xDKF?token=601c5ddfc44da25

3 Likes

If I put 50 in the calculator for desired strength what is that indicate that half of the recipe is nicotine

4 Likes

Yes thats what it is bc your using 100mgml strength , im sure juul and other comapnoes use 250 or pure…the only way to add flavor is to drop your PG lower than 50pct…

3 Likes

if you want 50mg or 5% it is exactly half of 30 mls which is 15mls or 15grams or 5% :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Raise your PG to 55pct will allow you to add 5pct total flavor , raise to 60pct pg and you can go up to 10pct totla flavor and so on

2 Likes

No wonder those pods are so expensive. I got 125 ml of nic salts thinking it would last awhile I guess that’s not so true now

4 Likes

Buy the 250mg/ml

3 Likes

yeah i’ll look into that

3 Likes

Once you can ween yourself off the salts, its for the better.

2 Likes

How is it “not safe”?

2 Likes

By repeated using a used pod, and your juice goes thru the coils and cotton, the cotton wears down, the coils become corroded, and dry hits, effectively make it not safe, Dan. I won’t use the “big words” for this, but from experience, and from lab results, and the fact the pods are meant for a one time use… is what makes it not safe to keep reusing. I know others refill them, I used to, as well. However, I stepped back from the pods, as the high nic levels aren’t good for me (caused a lot of blood pressure issues) and now my blood pressure is back to normal. Was it a case of refilling pods? I don’t know. I do know I feel better on regular nic, I am down to 3mg, and bouncing a lot on zero nic.

It is the burnt coil hits that are mainly the issue as well as the bad taste from them and the cotton deteriorating. Where do you think the bits of cotton go, while in a pods? they have to go somewhere… and unless you know how to fix the crusted or corroded coil… it’s just not a good idea.

2 Likes

Just a side note, she may want to look at some alternative units with a little more battery and refillable pods, yet still in the portable e-cig family of gear.
I have some friends for whom I purchased the Smok Novo2. You can get it for about 20 bucks and it comes with TWO pods; one for MTL and one for direct lung. The direct lung is a 1.0 mesh and delivers pretty significant flavor and clouds, the MTL is a little more like the juul.
The pods are available empty, in a 3 pack for around 10 bucks, sometimes as low as 4.50. You can refill them a few times before needing to throw them out, and some folks like to fill a couple pods with different flavors to afford themselves variety and keep them interested. They hold something like 2.4 ml, which should last most people all day if they are using it as a cessation device at like 12 or 18% nic salts.
I have a friend who has one, and uses it to administer his THC meds, but he still smokes combustible ciggies. I’m going to his house tonight for bbq and I’m bringing a 1.0 mesh coil (DL) loaded with 12% salts in a mimosa flavor I made up last night, hoping to quietly try to convert him.
I tried the mimosa this morning and it’s pretty tasty. Here’s an informal peek:

2 Likes

Well, on the flip side, I mix my salts at the same % as I did the FB and I have noticed no need to increase it. The smooth, harsh-free throat hit was what sold me, certainly not a higher %. I’ve never heard that you are supposed to double the salts % compared to FB, actually.

2 Likes

I don’t double them because of that. Only because they are going in a device that produces less clouds, like a juul or that novo2 I referred to, so I up the nic to satisfy the craving more efficiently with little puffs.
Oh yeah, normal juice like I make for my cloud thumpers still work in little e cig gear.

3 Likes

So my wife really liked the juice I made her. But I’m going to have to increase the nic level to 25 pct. I made the banana delight at 10 pct nic to start. I have not used a pod before so I didn’t know what to expect.

2 Likes

Thank you I will look into that. I don’t want to get her too much to start. I might look at a pod system for myself though.

2 Likes