Diy e juice with nicotine salts for pods

Hey everyone my wife just bought a juul pod system and I wanted to start making her juice so she doesn’t keep spending a lot on the 4 pods you get with that system.

I ordered Nicotine SALT Solution - 10% (100mg/ml) and I wanted to know if I am making it at the juul level of 5pct does that mean 5 percent nic salts or 50.

I’m so confused. I keep getting conflicting articles. Like one site said to put 7.5 ml of nic salts in 30 ml bottle. Others say just mix like freebase. One article even said use mostly PG. Any help with be great

Thanks

2 Likes

I use salts, the strength is the same as freebase. Mix according to the device used.

3 Likes

what does mix according to the device used mean ?

2 Likes

Have a read here…

remember, those pods really are not meant for reuse… sure you can reuse them… however its not safe to do so…

have a read here… you will need to use a 50/50 base or even a 40vg/60pg ratio…

to make the same strength as a juul… to put your recipe on the elr calculator, use 5.3% as that is the strength of what the juice is inside the juul pod.

http://www.thevapingforum.com/Thread-Refilling-JUUL-Pods

4 Likes

Simply adjust the mg level to what type of setup you will be vaping the juice in. Generally lower for higher wattage dl and higher for tighter draw lower wattage. If your wife would miss the throat hit you might want to try a combination of freebase & salts, the salts are smooth.

4 Likes

@Letitia… he started her off on Juul… depending on what flavors she has… its just a touch of th (throat hit) the base for Juul is a 50/50 but to add a touch more… a 40vg/60pg would work too… I wouldn’t take it any higher than that. pretty much he could get away with buying a pg version of nic salts, and then just topping it off with vg…

Not sure what he bought. Maybe he can post up more info ? :smiley:

1 Like

@anon84779643 I got Nicotine SALT Solution - 10% (100mg/ml) in PG Base from LB. I had planed on using 50/50 all the flavorings are PG based. I also planned on buying her blank pods that we can fill with DIY outright. I knew the juul pods from juul shouldn’t really be reused.

3 Likes

good you have PG based :slight_smile: I might not have caught that the first read :wink: oops!

I don’t really count the base of the flavors… I will tell you that the ultras are better suited for nic salt juices, as you really do not use a lot of flavoring that way. Sounds like you are on the right path and have been researching! Boy, you are in for some fun! :slight_smile:

Keep us all updated!! I wish you the best!!

2 Likes

I planned on making her a 30 ml “test” tonight. I’ve been mixing for 2 years but never even thought of nic salts and the info online is just not really helpful. thanks everyone for the great info now that I know i was almost there on my own and you guys helped with the rest i’m very grateful yet again to the ELR family.

I may not be here a lot lately but i still use this site as much as i can

4 Likes

More than welcome… :slight_smile:
I wish her good luck on the New test run!! :tada::smiley::+1:

2 Likes

I have the first recipe
Nic 1.59 ml

PG 10.11 ml

VG 15 ml

Banana cream TPA 1.2 ml

Banana cream delight ECX 1.5 ml

Sweet cream TPA .6 ml

2 Likes

Your base and nic look fine… :slight_smile:

not sure on the flavors, I havent used tfa in years… but I hope she will enjoy it!

2 Likes

@Vaporraven I think @Letitia may have been referring to MTL vs. DL. For pods which are mouth to lung, you typically mix higher NIC, vs. direct lung is typically much lower, like 3mg, etc. Same mixing with Freebase. NOW, the claims are, that you can mix Salts even higher because they are smoother with less throat hit.

4 Likes

It’s always been that way for me… if I vape a 3mg regular nic, I will want to use a 6mg to just get to my 3mg… the highest I have taken the salts is 6% or 6mg… per ml… If I only vaped a 3mg nic salt… I have essentially cut my nic intake down by half amount as I do vape 3mg free base, defeating the purpose of using the salts.

2 Likes

So essentially when you’re using nicotine salts the nicotine salt is doubled on whatever the free base counterpart Wes?

3 Likes

Yes…

Years ago all we had was freebase. I started on 18 and had to go up as high as 24, then took it down… 24 then would be 48 in nic salts today… so it is right… kind of funny to think this way… but if you can not stop the craving with your nic… either salts or freebase… you are using it too low. :slight_smile: You can always step down when you are ready… just dont step down too fast or you will find yourself going higher yet again.

2 Likes

I have been vaping for 6 years. I started at 36 went to 24 down to 16 in 18 months. Took me 2 years to after that to get to 6 and now I have been at 3 mg for 2 years

3 Likes

2 Likes

It took me around 3 yrs to get to zero, and even then I bounce nic levels when I feel like it…
not because of cravings but when I feel like I need it.

3 Likes

If you using the calculator just put 50 in where it ask what the desired stregth is…calculator will donthe rest

3 Likes